Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring old zetor tractors .............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

thomasthomas , well spotted on the handbrake , we dont bother with handbrakes on any of ours as we normally have a few different men driving them and lads were prone to forgetting to release the handbrake and before you know it you have a back end on fire so that's why we didnt bother installing them back on the tractors ,

the mudguards are a copy of the original ones , we had them made at a local engineering firm .

man of aran , well we have had zetors in the family for years now my first being a 4718 , then i bought a 7045 and spent years on the country with her cutting and buck racking silage among other jobs and i couldnt fault them so thats why we decided to do up more of them .

oldcarsandtrucksofmine015.jpg
    PEI872x1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

man of aran , well we have had zetors in the family for years now my first being a 4718 , then i bought a 7045 and spent years on the country with her cutting and buck racking silage among other jobs and i couldnt fault them so thats why we decided to do up more of them .

Know what you mean! the Zetor those days were tough but underrated machines.
    Tough out too, years ago a neighbour got new small 2511 ( 25hp @pto rated?).
    We all reckoned it was as good if not better tractor than a 135 or 35x to pull a MF793 2 furrow.
    Much better lift capacity too than the 135/35x.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thomasthomas19

Any harm to ask what kinda money you payed for the mudguards. And do you do much work to the engines of your zetors

we do whatever needs doing to be honest thomas , depending on the condition and wear on the engine , i cant exactly remember off the top of my head but the ould fella has the price of those mud guards written down somewhere so i will hunt out the price for you tomorrow , i found out afterwards that bart in cork sells brand new original zetor mudguard suit 5611 etc but i didnt know that in time or i would have bought them from him .

• Advertisement

just looking a for a set to go on a 6718 not for show . Still a farm working tractor . Just could do with a bit of tidying . What old scrap zetor worth now . Seen 5511 lying in a ditch last week . Would say it's past fixing up but could for parts .

there was a bit of an export market for them last year and they were fetching reasonable money but that seems to have stopped now , i sold a 6718 before Christmas for €900 , she was a good runner but needed tidying , a 5511 thats only for scrapping would probably only make scrap value to be honest €200 or €300 !

What make of paint do you use . Or are they all the same . And is there anything to loose the old oil of them . That the power washer won, t take off . Cheers

Ps what's the lever in front of the pro clutch, one with the White top . 5611

we use vapormatic " red " which is really orange , the code for it is VLB 5037

and the " gold " which is badged as SPAREX zetor beige is 582193 .

we soak them over night in a good douse of jizer , its mighty stuff to loosen all the crud off them , steam clean it off the next day it works great ,

he white lever is to activate the dual clutch on them , it moves a rod that moves the clutches more or less depending on if you want to put the pto in gear or just use the road gears .

Thanks for that
    Think the 7 series is a darker beige colour

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 sirivor

Great stuff Greendragon. Have been following your thread for quite a while.

My brother and I have just started our 3511 restoration. It was our Dad's, who unfortunately passed away last year, and we were able to buy it back from the gentleman he sold it to 19 years ago. And I say a gentleman, for he agreed to sell it back and he really did not have to. We all learned to drive on her and even though she has been out standing for the last 19 years, she is in much better condition that we hoped. Great to have it back in the yard and I know he is smiling.

Anyhow, to my ceist. One piece that has gone missing during those years is the hand throttle arm. Would you know anyone that might be scrapping a model that would match? No one round our neck of the woods seems to have an idea. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Question re parts for more modern stuff, Where is best place to get bonnet top and sides for a 6211?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Anyone know of tractor breakers with mainly Zetor ?

brownswiss wrote: »
    Anyone know of tractor breakers with mainly Zetor ?
    mickdw wrote: »
    Question re parts for more modern stuff, Where is best place to get bonnet top and sides for a 6211?

if ye try tony brady in ballinasloe co galway he breaks a lot of the older zetors and also carryies a good stock of new parts

tony brady 090 9643509 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Great thanks... Will give him a try Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rayc1981

Hi GreenDragon,
    You have on a earlier post that you got replica fibreglass mudguards for a 2511 from a lad in clare just wondering if you have his details.

Thanks in advance.

hi ray unfortunately i do not have a number for the chap that made them for us but i did find an ad on done deal that may be him ,he did specialize in david brown bonnets etc and he was doing the 2511 mudguards as a side line so he may be worth a call , here is the ad .

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/david-brown-tractors/8711785

hope this is of some help to you ray .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rayc1981

Thanks for the information, I will try during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamieodea92

Lovely Work on them Zetor, we have a 3511 which we bought to restore in Galway and brought back to Laois just wondering would you have a contact number for the guy you bought the replica fiberglass mudgurads from

thanks jamie , the number for the guy in clare that makes the fiberglass mudgaurds is 0879663450

hope this is of some help lad and good luck with the restoration . if you need any help with anything give me a shout or pm .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Working on a 4718. The gear change lever is causing me problems the grooves are worn on the part that joins the gearbox stub. Can anyone help ?

hi red bull , i have a couple of gearboxes broke and io may have the part you need , i will be out in the workshop again tomorrow and i will have a look for you , is it the selector box thats in the gearbox with all the different slots for each gear thats worn or the gear lever itself ???

Thanks greemdragon 3. its the bottom part of the gear lever itself.

ah no bother i have a few of them knocking around , do you ever be up around sligo at all ??

Will be up there in the next few weeks I hope

it was my younger brothers 40th birthday at the weekend and appropriately enough his wife got him a tractor themed birthday cake , i didnt get the name of the lady that made it but boy she did some job on it , working from photos of a 5545 she got all the details correct right down the zetor badge on the front and the detail on the engine block , i only managed to get a few pictures on the phone before it was carved up , seemed a shame to eat it really !!!
    shane%20egans%2035%20x%20part%201%20046_zps5rdn79oa.jpg
    shane%20egans%2035%20x%20part%201%20043_zpsmntq1kzf.jpg
    shane%20egans%2035%20x%20part%201%20045_zpsfmtbbtic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That's excellent to be fair. There is generally a big trade in this type of stuff for kids parties but to be honest I've not seen anything near as good as that before.
    They are usually pretty generic tractor shapes.

hi all we have started our next project a massey 35x fror a friend and i have started a brand new thread to keep a photographic record of it , you can follow all the updates on this link .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97448698#post97448698

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I must commend you on your fine work, you lads remind me of a set of men with a passion for the Nuffield tractors. Donie Maloney's shed has a good forty of more nuffields, leylands and Marshalls. All different progressions from the original BMC tractor made in Birmingham. He is located close to the kerry border in abbeyfeale limerick.

I'm after raiding your county for an weather beaten 8011 subject to many plans now.

Keep up the great work it would be great to get a few of them on the back of a lorry from the era. I thought the truck picture was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 corkdad

Hi, I was wondering if anyone reading this can give me advice on where I can find someone near Cork City to repair the diesel pump on my Zetor Tractor (6911). I had a lead on someone near Waterfall, but alas the gentleman passed away.
    I would be very grateful for some advice.
    Ta,
    Corkdad

Advertisement