Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Matches of The Decade

Options
  • 17-12-2019 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

What are some of worst matches of this decade?

Some that spring to my mind:

- Goldberg Vs Undertaker (WWE Super Showdown 2019)
    - Seth Rollins Vs Bray Wyatt (WWE Hell In A Cell 2019)
    - Michael Cole Vs Jerry Lawler (WrestleMania 27)
    - John Cena Vs John Laurinaitis (Over The Limit 2012)
    - Bret Hart Vs Vince McMahon (WrestleMania 26)
    - Bray Wyatt Vs John Cena (Extreme Rules 2014)
    - Brock Lesnar Vs Dean Ambrose (WrestleMania 32)
    - Jeff Hardy Vs Sting (Victory Road 2011)
    - The Miz Vs John Cena (WrestleMania 27)
    - Triple H Vs Roman Reigns (WrestleMania 32)
    - 2014 Royal Rumble Match
    - 2015 Royal Rumble Match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jericho vs ambrose asylum match for me so so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know we've had really bad women's matches but I'm sure someone with a better memory than I can remember specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Taker and Reigns at Mania stands out as horrendous in my mind. It main scented, and just dragged and dragged, I remeber watching it and having my opinion of the great Undertaker start to change. Height of Reigns being shoved down our throats. Horrible, just the drizzling ****s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

The Daniel Bryan v Randy Orton match where Big Show came out and punched everyone and it just ended.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know we've had really bad women's matches but I'm sure someone with a better memory than I can remember specifics.

wasnt there a match with Shamell in TNA that is supposed to be horrendous i think it was this decade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Eva Marie vs. *insert wrestlers name here*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: Goldberg Vs Undertaker (WWE Super Showdown 2019)

It wasn't that bad I thought. I did watch it days later so heard all the views on it. Maybe that helped shape my opinion.
    Goldberg wasn't in ring-shape and foolishly went out there. Funny he looks a million bucks but didn't put the effort in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't think we fully appreciate how bad Cole v Lawler was. it was levels of bad that cannot be adequately put into words.

they spent months building heat. week after week. invoking Jerry's parents in it. Cole being just monumentally insufferable. it was the best built programme on the whole show. it was set up for Lawler to walk in, beat the ever living fúck out of this absolute fúcking dipshít and walk out with his Wrestlemania moment.

and WWE proceeded, as they have done consistently over the last decade, to fúck the entire thing up.

at no point during that match should Cole have even hit Lawler, and if he had to hit him, Lawler should've no sold every punch. WWE had already succeeded in getting the heat over the last number of months. the match just needed to be a comeback and a win for Lawler. but no, Cole mounts the worst offence in the history of wrestling, Lawler has to sell, and the entire match goes over half an hour.

fúck off you bunch of useless fúckwits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That Rollins/Wyatt Cell match was so so so bad, it's up there for me with Taker/Oldberg from Saudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawlor, hands down. Was in the crowd for that too with a couple of very casual fan friends and it was cringe city. Plus it would just never fúckíng end...

• Advertisement

i must have banished lawler/cole from my mind as i have no memory of it at all except i think the anonymous gm overturning the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Bret vs Vince. What a horrible, horrible, horrible excuse for a match. No one came out looking good, and you could just tell how uncomfortable Bret was the entire time. It went on far too long, and honestly it should have just been an angle instead of a match.

Close second is Jenna Morasca vs Sharmell.......the less said about that disaster the better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That Rollins/Wyatt Cell match was so so so bad, it's up there for me with Taker/Oldberg from Saudi.

That match was this year and I'd already forgotten about it.

A no contest in a Hell in a Cell. And Rollins actions to force the no contest weren't even that heinous. Deary me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

CastorTroy wrote: »

Bella Twins & Natalya Vs Riott Sqaud were Liv Morgan suffered a concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DX Vs Bros of Destruction in Saudi.

Braun Vs Tyson Fury was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't think we fully appreciate how bad Cole v Lawler was. it was levels of bad that cannot be adequately put into words.

they spent months building heat. week after week. invoking Jerry's parents in it. Cole being just monumentally insufferable. it was the best built programme on the whole show. it was set up for Lawler to walk in, beat the ever living fúck out of this absolute fúcking dipshít and walk out with his Wrestlemania moment.

and WWE proceeded, as they have done consistently over the last decade, to fúck the entire thing up..

It was the best built match on the card too - easiest to book and they f*cked it up!

Also it involved Stone Cold Steve Austin - and got "boring" chants!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

It must've be TURR-I-BLE then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Any of the shark cage matches, especially the one with Enzo. Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I forgot about Sin Cara vs Sin Cara @ Hell in a Cell 2011. It was this decade Real Taker Vs Fake Taker match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Brock vs Dean in a supposed hardcore match. There was a good enough build up beforehand with hardcore legends like Mick Foley and others handing Dean baseball bats wrapped in barbed wire and other things but the match itself was a glorified showcase of suplex city after suplex city. No hardcore element to it which was a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't Goldberg suffer a concussion near the beginning of the Taker match which didn't help?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

AJ vs Nakamura at WrestleMania isn't a bad match, but relative to expectations it's one of the biggest disappointments in modern times. It was slowly paced with few big spots and it only really got going in the last few minutes before the pinfall.

It's doubly disappointing as I think their match at Wrestle Kingdom from a few years before is in the top 10 best matches of the decade. Still don't know what happened at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Clegg wrote: »
    AJ vs Nakamura at WrestleMania isn't a bad match, but relative to expectations it's one of the biggest disappointments in modern times. It was slowly paced with few big spots and it only really got going in the last few minutes before the pinfall.

It's doubly disappointing as I think their match at Wrestle Kingdom from a few years before is in the top 10 best matches of the decade. Still don't know what happened at Mania.

They didn't want to have a wwe match, they weren't allowed have a new japan match, rather than the best of both worlds, they had the worst...... Shame cause AJ was on a streak of solid wrestlemania matches.

Advertisement