Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Fixtures 2014 announced when?

• 04-12-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Trying to book a match trip for the kids for Christmas but wary that times could be changed to suit Sky / BT.

Anyone have an idea when this is decided, only goes as far as Jan so far...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'd expect the games up to about the end of February to be named any day now but it wouldn't be any harm to send Sky an e-mail or open a chat on their website or call Sky Viewer Relations team on 0044 8442 410 265 and ask them. BT should announce theirs at the same time

There's obvious one's that will be televised - its never that obvious which ones won't be though

Another thing to consider is some games will be called off on the weekend of March 8th for FA Cup quarter finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just sent a tweet to BT & Sky, I will reply if they respond :).
    I have tickets for the Liverpool vs Arsenal game on Feb 8th, so I need to book flights as well :o

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Games for broadcast are announced month by month, generally about 5-6 weeks before the month begins, so not a hell of a lot of advance notice really which is a real pain for match going fans who have to arrange travel and maybe accommodation. It's a pity they don't do big chunks of the season like they do at the start and just split it up into 3 tranches perhaps which are announced 6 weeks before the start of that period (August-Nov, Dec-Feb and Mar-May or something).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5starpool wrote: »
    Games for broadcast are announced month by month, generally about 5-6 weeks before the month begins, so not a hell of a lot of advance notice really which is a real pain for match going fans who have to arrange travel and maybe accommodation. It's a pity they don't do big chunks of the season like they do at the start and just split it up into 3 tranches perhaps which are announced 6 weeks before the start of that period (August-Nov, Dec-Feb and Mar-May or something).

It probably gets more difficult as the season goes on for the TV company to decide in advance what games to show.
    Like Southampton v Everton in late April* may be a midtable clash that TV avoids, or it may be 4th v 5th and thus a high choice.
    But having to make a decision on it in mid-February would be a nightmare.

* fixture is for illustration purposes only, may not be an actual fixture!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It probably gets more difficult as the season goes on for the TV company to decide in advance what games to show.
    Like Southampton v Everton in late April* may be a midtable clash that TV avoids, or it may be 4th v 5th and thus a high choice.
    But having to make a decision on it in mid-February would be a nightmare.

* fixture is for illustration purposes only, may not be an actual fixture!

I know that's how they justify it, but it is still far from ideal for the travelling fans, whether that be the away fans in each fixture or else people travelling from overseas. Not their concern though obviously, and it is mine, which is why I'm bitching of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

5starpool wrote: »
    I know that's how they justify it, but it is still far from ideal for the travelling fans, whether that be the away fans in each fixture or else people travelling from overseas. Not their concern though obviously, and it is mine, which is why I'm bitching of course.

The likes of Sky and BT don't give a **** about fans going to the games and never will. Over the last few years I've lost count of the amount of our games they've re-scheduled on a whim about a week before the initial scheduled date, when fans already have everything booked and a holiday in at work etc.

BT announced their fixtures for Feb 2014. Still nothing from Sky though :(

BbHbQooCcAAQIJ_.jpg:large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

All Feb TV fixture changes are on the Premier league site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Just sent a tweet to BT & Sky, I will reply if they respond :).
    I have tickets for the Liverpool vs Arsenal game on Feb 8th, so I need to book flights as well :o

BT are showing this at 12.45 according to the club website.

Heading over myself.

Flights booked

Fly from Dublin - Liverpool with Ryanair @ 9.00am I think
    Fly back from Manchester - Dublin with Aerlingus @ 7.00 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭batistuta9

do anyone know if there's anywhere that keeps track of how many times a club has been shown at a particular time/TV package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

batistuta9 wrote: »
    do anyone know if there's anywhere that keeps track of how many times a club has been shown at a particular time/TV package?

Here is an update

TV picks to 23 February 2014:

(Sky + BT = Total)
    (Max 21 + 7 = 28)
    (Min 4 + 1 = 5)

Man Utd 13 + 5 = 18
    Liverpool 11 + 7 = 18
    Chelsea 12 + 5 = 17
    Arsenal 11 + 6 = 17
    Tottenham 12 + 4 = 16
    Man City 10 + 5 = 15
    Swansea 10 + 2 = 12
    Newcastle 8 + 4 = 12
    Everton 7 + 4 = 11
    Aston Villa 8 + 2 = 10
    Sunderland 7 + 1 = 8
    Crystal Palace 5 + 3 = 8
    West Ham 5 + 3 = 8
    Cardiff 5 + 2 = 7
    Hull 5 + 2 = 7
    West Brom 6 + 0 = 6
    Fulham 5 + 1 = 6
    Southampton 4 + 2 = 6
    Norwich 4 + 1 = 5
    Stoke 4 + 1 = 5

Games remaining:
    Sky 40, BT 8

11 rounds remaining:
    Sky: 8 @ 4, 2 @ 3, 1 @ 2 (assuming on 2 on last day)
    BT: 8 @ 1, 3 @ 0

Assuming only 2 games on the last day that means there are 46 games left in total over the other 10 weekends - implying 6 weekends with 5 TV games. Of course within that there will almost certainly be rescheduling to midweeks due to League Cup Final and FA Cup QF and SF.

Credit to Digital Spy forums

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1755756&page=99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭batistuta9

brilliant, thanks

Advertisement