Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like cake!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

emzolita wrote: »
    two cakes i made recently

lol, 5 years later, and I still don't know how to embed... :s

The main thing is you can make cake, knowing how to embed just doesn't compare.

Nice cakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

I made this cake for my niece's christening.
    Top 2 layers are red velvet and the bottom one is frangipane.
    24e2li0.jpg

295ybdj.jpg

ivzjeq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Those little shoes are so cute! Sounds yum as well, frangipan *drools

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

First ever wedding cake

catdavid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭phormium

Very pretty, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Had my first go at fondant recently, it's by no means perfect and my writing needs an awful lot of work, but I was happy enough with it for my first go

419032_3564777127924_1915047447_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Tilly Girl,
    Thats stunning, do you mind me asking what dowels did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Wow TillyGirl that's really good. Where did you learn how to do that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Bramley apple cake with crunchy cinnamon topping. Nothing fancy but it tastes amazing :)

[URL="[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/n1rl1k.jpg[/IMG]"]n1rl1k.jpg[/URL]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Made a load of cupcakes for my birthday. There's pink & white vanilla and chocolate cream cheese frosting.

0722F790-5AF4-41C1-B0B4-C13D82BCE42D-3263-00000258A8CE492F.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Bramley apple cake with crunchy cinnamon topping. Nothing fancy but it tastes amazing :)

That looks like it's tastes gorgeous!! :p Will you share the recipe please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

datk wrote: »

That looks like it's tastes gorgeous!! :p Will you share the recipe please?

Sure - I posted it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80942036&postcount=4
    It really does taste good, and it's very easy to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

Cake is deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

227594.jpg
    Bottom layer was chocolate cake covered in dark choc butter cream filled with salted caramel buttercream. Top layer vanilla bean cake with coffee buttercream filling.
    Made the roses following a youtube tutorial and painted with gold, the imperfections with the fondant/decoration annoyed me but omg it tasted delicious! biggest cake I've made, t'was stressful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

That's beautiful kerash! What a lovely occasion to make such a great cake for, love the flavour choices too.

It sure is stressful doing the stacked cakes isn't it!? I don't know how the professionals here do it day in day out, I'd be a nervous wreck!

My first swiss roll :)

[IMG][/img]20qxb3l.jpg

My an attempt at Key Lime Pie

dvakx.jpg

Made this for my sisters 18th

Chocolate biscuit cookie monster

399175_4726484195663_2053501077_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

That is really brilliant SB! Is that coloured coconut for the blue fur? I bet it was a tricky cake to make, im sure your sister loved it.

Yeh coloured coconut. The colouring of that actually the hardest part.

526205_4728263480144_997285190_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Eyes are awsome. Just a circle of white choc with milk choc for pupils?

Yeh I melted white chocolate and poured it into cookie cutters and dropped a giant chocolate button in.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

Pastry apple sponge tray bake for school lunches, and keeps really well :)

86AFBE2D568042189655CD7C737A90ED-0000360696-0003093077-00160L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

sdp wrote: »
    Pastry apple sponge try bake for school lunches, and keeps really well :)

Can I have a recipe for that? I made something similar when I was a kid and loved it, and never found the recipe again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Pastry apple sponge try bake for school lunches, and keeps really well :)

86AFBE2D568042189655CD7C737A90ED-0000360696-0003093077-00160L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Me too would love the recipe.

That swiss roll looks yum, so much nicer than those boxed shop bought ones.

Faith wrote: »
    Can I have a recipe for that? I made something similar when I was a kid and loved it, and never found the recipe again.

thanks, its a long recipe but easy to make, and its well liked in our house :)
    I use a Swiss roll tin, lightly buttered,base and sizes
    Pastry is best made the day before, its my great grandmothers recipe, and lovely for apple tarts/ mince pies etc

Pastry,
    155g cold butter (salted) if using unsalted add quarter tsp salt)
    60g cold lard
    425g plain flour
    2 tbsp sugar ( optional)
    125 ml ice water, ( sometimes a bit more depands in the flour for some reason )

if you have a food processor big enough ( i don't) put flour, sugar in pulse couple times, add fats and pulse 8-10 times, your looking for large coarse crumbs size of peas, add water bit at a time, till dough comes together as a mass , rather then a ball, test it, just squeeze a bit of the dough and it should hold together
    it will look strange and dry, and you should be able to see the bits of fat, but it will be the nicest flaky pastry,
    If by hand, everything into bowl and use pastry blender or 2 knives,and follow above,
    turn out and press and shape together with your hands till forms a dough, lay it on clingfilm and fold clingfilm over dough, and press it as flat as you can with heel of you hand, put into fridge.
    then take out and roll to fit tin, ( I start it in the clingfilm as it can be hard to get it started, as its a dry dough, but will soon become pliable )
    or if your in a hurry buy ready made shortcrust pastry :)

apples,
    6 cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into smallish chunks
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp melted butter,
    60g caster sugar,
    all into bowl and mix well, add to pastry base

sponge,~( all in one mix)
    3 eggs
    200g self raising flour
    170g margarine
    170g caster sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    pinch of salt
    everything into mixer or bowl and mix well
    starting at sides of tin put batter unto apple and spread to cover
    preheat oven to 200c, put tin in lower rack in oven, reduce heat to 180c and bake for 30-40 mins,
    cool in tin then cut into squires, dust with icing sugar if you fancy,
    It will hold really well for at least a week

good luck with it, if you have any problems with anything let me know, won't we able to respond for a week as going in to hosp for operation on Monday, hope to be out by Friday, :)

good luck with it, if you have any problems with anything let me know, won't we able to respond for a week as going in to hosp for operation on Monday, hope to be out by Friday, :)

Thanks for the recipe, I used to make something similar but yours looks way nicer. Best of luck with the op :)

Thanks for the recipe, I used to make something similar but yours looks way nicer. Best of luck with the op :)

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JustDi

hello everybody. I love making cakes, just not much ocassions for it. Want show few to you as well. Never put picture on this forum, not sure how to, but gonna try
    [IMG][/img]59719fa646f3.jpg

20f3a3a070c0.jpg

Made these from chocolate;)

ec13795b578a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JustDi

hello again:) nobody baking any more? made this cake to welcome new baby girl
    fa92ccf4a223.jpg

Advertisement