Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paedophile on FB

• 30-12-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Just saw this news article on Dailymail :o...but its quite disturbing. Apparently some dude has created multiple facebook profiles in an attempt to lure students in secondary schools in Cambridgeshire. He represents himself as a new student and tries to add them as friends.

Source below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342756/Facebook-paedophile-grooms-schoolchildren-posing-new-classmate.html

It is quite a pathetic situation and really scary world we live in and it really shows the extent these deranged people will go to satisfy their messed up desires.

I dont own a facebook account and honestly I dont intend to have one simply because I find it very contrived and a business solution to take advantage of the lonely , secretly depressed and attention seeking folks...ignore my biases but funny enough my OP has an account and I see lots of parents loading pictures of Xmas presents that Santi got their kids...I saw a lot giving under 12s laptops and this was not an isolated observation.

While I dont think it is my place and or anyone elses' for that matter to dictate to parents what they get their wards ...I just feel it is quite dangerous to expose kids to such independence at a very young age and it helps facilitate their exposure to these mad folks out there who will do anything to satisfy their nasty desires...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Conor108 likes this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Apparently some dude has created multiple facebook profiles in an attempt to lure students in secondary schools in Cambridgeshire. He represents himself as a new student and tries to add them as friends.

Was it this guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

There's peados in the world and this one has an internet connection, so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

People complain about Facebook asking for too much private information but then they turn around and think that we should have to submit our criminal records to them so we can keep paedos off? pfft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hardly shocking news, its been going on for years and without proper moderation of social networking sites, will continue to for years to come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

take advantage of the lonely , secretly depressed and attention seeking folks... but funny enough my OP has an account

Which one is she..... lonely, secretly depressed or attention seeking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

The real world is far more dangerous than the internet can ever be, IMHO.
    Parents just have to teach their kids how to keep safe on the internet like they teach them how to be safe in the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Rumour has it, this is one of his profiles

I dont own a facebook account
    my OP has an account and I see lots of parents loading pictures of Xmas presents that Santi got their kids...I saw a lot giving under 12s laptops and this was not an isolated observation.

What were you doing looking at pictures of children through your OP(?)'s Facebook profile so much anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

mikom wrote: »
    Which one is she..... lonely, secretly depressed or attention seeking?

I really cant tell yet...trying to figure it out...which one are u??

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    :facepalm:

fell for it damn you!

What were you doing looking at pictures of children through your OP(?)'s Facebook profile so much anyway?

It's called a Paedo-proxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Does he just want to poke them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

OisinT wrote: »
    :facepalm:

fell for it damn you!

i thought i was rumbled.

I really cant tell yet...trying to figure it out...which one are u??

I'm the one that was blown away by that great come-back.........
    which one are u??

U??
    Ah I see the textspeak is strong with you.
    Handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Christ, for a second there I was like "how did he find my facebook!? :eek::eek:"

mikom wrote: »
    I'm the one that was blown away by that great come-back.........

U??
    Ah I see the textspeak is strong with you.
    Handy to have.

lol..i didnt try to be funny. U win... you tried to get the thanks but obviously didnt work...how about trying reading the post and having an intelligent responce..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's not difficult to keep your info private, and you'd have to be pretty foolish to meet up with a complete stranger from Facebook.

Valid question..not!...obviously you didnt read my post properly....i said the parents had xmas pics up on their pages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Just saw this news article on Dailymail :o...but its quite disturbing. Apparently some dude has created multiple facebook profiles in an attempt to lure students in secondary schools in Cambridgeshire. He represents himself as a new student and tries to add them as friends.

Source below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342756/Facebook-paedophile-grooms-schoolchildren-posing-new-classmate.html

It is quite a pathetic situation and really scary world we live in and it really shows the extent these deranged people will go to satisfy their messed up desires.

I dont own a facebook account and honestly I dont intend to have one simply because I find it very contrived and a business solution to take advantage of the lonely , secretly depressed and attention seeking folks...ignore my biases but funny enough my OP has an account and I see lots of parents loading pictures of Xmas presents that Santi got their kids...I saw a lot giving under 12s laptops and this was not an isolated observation.

While I dont think it is my place and or anyone elses' for that matter to dictate to parents what they get their wards ...I just feel it is quite dangerous to expose kids to such independence at a very young age and it helps facilitate their exposure to these mad folks out there who will do anything to satisfy their nasty desires...

I think you'd be considerably less perturbed by paedophiles on facebook, eastern europeans taking our jobs and the BBC poisoning young British minds with filth if you stopped paying attention to a rag like the Daily Mail.

• Advertisement

Was it this guy?

Damn. My cover has been blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

facebook is dangerous I thank God none of my family are on
    that stalker book

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Daily fucking mail.

I got "Is channel 4 turning your pension gay?"

Valid question..not!...obviously you didnt read my post properly....i said the parents had xmas pics up on their pages...

Yeah, but, why were you looking at them?

Daily fucking mail.

It is... my pension is gayer than Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,513 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You do realise that it's actually legal for some secondary school students to do the bold thing?

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OisinT wrote: »
    It is... my pension is gayer than Christmas!

Batman begins is on TG4. Something about grown men prancing about in costumes really makes me want to have consensual sex with a woman of noble blood. That or ride a horse in a non Limerick city based environment. God bless you daily mail personal ads. You can find my dating profile because I'm the one with the M&S plastic bag over my head.

Batman begins is on TG4. Something about grown men prancing about in costumes really makes me want to have consensual sex with a woman of noble blood. That or ride a horse in a non Limerick city based environment. God bless you daily mail personal ads. You can find my dating profile because I'm the one with the M&S plastic bag over my head.
    Batman & Robin was gayer... I think it was something to do with the nipples on the batsuit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Daily fucking mail.

Man, that is endless fun

"HAS FEMINISM GIVEN HOUSE PRICES CANCER?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Was it this guy?

So confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Better delete all those extra Boards accounts I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Daily fucking mail.

COULD CANCER MOLEST THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Shock horror! pedophiles stalk Facebook. What's the next shocking headline from the Mail - "Drunken people lurk in pubs."..possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I dont own a facebook account

the name suggests a photo album. i'm amish like that :/

would he not fare better on a dating site, like Basefook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

None of us own a facebook acount.

• Advertisement

lol..i didnt try to be funny. U win... you tried to get the thanks but obviously didnt work...how about trying reading the post and having an intelligent responce..

hmmm...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As they have done on Yahoo Groups... Bolt... Bebo... Mypace...
    I find it very contrived and a business solution to take advantage of the...

Actually all it is, is a marketing tool tailored to user prefrences...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Let them at it. The interent is a great tool for catching paedophiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Daily fucking mail.

'IS TWITTER RUINING THE CHURCH?'

This thread should just be about that link above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Daily fucking mail.

ARE THE UNIONS RIPPING OFF YOUR HOUSE?

Noooooooooooooooooo!

The internet is full of paedophiles. Christ, we even had one here on boards.
    No, I will not answer PMs asking for the name of that person.

Parents (if they are not paedophiles themselves) have a responsibility to monitor their childrens usage of the internet.

If the parents are not internet savvy and their children want to use Facebook (or whatever), then get someone in the know to monitor their children's interactions on the net.

A simple example would be my cousin's 12 year old son.
    He has a Facebook account, but I have the password to it.
    I log into it every so often to check his messages and stuff. I've also warned him of the dangers of the internet.

He will become more savvy as he gets older, but I'll stay one step ahead and make sure that he's safe.

Finally, the Daily Mail is a rag.
    I'd wipe my arse with Bertie's SW column before allowing the DM near me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Daily fucking mail.

IS FILTH ON TELEVISION HAVING SEX WITH BRITISH JUSTICE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Daily fucking mail.

"WILL HEALTH AND SAFETY GIVE YOUR MORTGAGE CANCER ?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    "WILL HEALTH AND SAFETY GIVE YOUR MORTGAGE CANCER ?"

Ah, the old ones are the best.

Could the Unions tax the country side?

Anyway, funny that the poor guy who got attacked, because he shared a name with a convicted Paedophile and he was on Facebook, never got a mention.

Don't go on Facebook. Your name might be the same as a paedophile.

PM me for some cake.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Conor108 wrote: »
    Conor108 likes this

Someone got brapped haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

When I saw this thread I thought FB was Frankie Boyle.
    Feck, there is a funny Frankie Boyle joke about Paedos that would suit this thread but I can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

lets all head over on over to farmville to waste spend more of our sad lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

To orim. Why is my profile up there. Wtf is your problem.

Shokashi wrote: »

You've been rimmed......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've heard the latest trend amongst paedos is to disguise themselves as schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Shokashi wrote: »

Sign out of facebook and click the link again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement