Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which cycling club is this?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

ROK ON wrote: »

Christ what is it with music these days. I just dont get it anymore. I think I am stuck in the past.

What, don't like po po po pokerface?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kevvhayes

phew!!!
    was starting to think i was the only auld one on here! great memories of microdisney, fatima mansions and the wonderful wonderful a house. btw dave couse has a great new album out at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Sorry to drag this up but i got in contact with the secretary of Easterley Road Club about the Microdisney video and this is the reply I got back.

Yes, I remember that quite clearly; hard to believe it was almost a quarter of a century ago! The whole thing was done as part of the video, filmed on the old Silvertown Way flyover*, now long demolished. There's no back projection used here, just a flatbed lorry with a perspex sided studio/stage so that bit where the band are running and climb up was done for real and not faked. While we're on screen for less than a minute it took most of the morning to film that part! The main problem was timing; we had to ride quite slowly at first to let the lorry catch up with us and on the first few takes we ran out of road too soon, reaching the point where the road starts to drop down to normal street level so you wouldn't get the proper view at the back. I might even have the copy of the video they gave to us after it was edited, in the back of a cupboard somewhere! Thanks for the link, that's much easier to find.
    Either later that year or early the next some members were also involved in a advert for Pepsi or Coke on the back of this.
    Hope this info is helpful.
    All the best,
    Bernard Taylor, Easterley R.C.

* a little bit about this here: http://www.royaldockstrust.org.uk/popup.htm towards the bottom of the page

This is the video, the "action" starts around 2:12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Thank you Bijapos.
    I can't believe the conincidence as I was listenting to Cathal Coughlan as I did a turbo session last night.
    Class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement