Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Car Park, Marlborough Street

Options
  • 09-02-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I am heading up to Dublin tonight and am planning on parking at the Q Car Park on Marlborough Street (mainly because it's 24 hour). The map on their homepage has it down by Marlborough Place, I thought it was at the junction of Cathal Brugha street. Can somebody please let me know for sure where it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The actual entrance is on Cathal Brugha Street alright, looks like they have it wrong on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Thanks, I thought I was going mad for a minute there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Thanks, I thought I was going mad for a minute there.

Well,you still could be;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Either you were hallucinating or they've fixed it since. :)

It's been fixed ! At the time I did have a look at it myself and they had the car park down past North Earl Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

That'll learn me not to do a screen grab at the time. They must read boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cathal Brugha St. lol
    That'll be the posh name for what has been known as Seam McDermot street for decades.

That carpark is a hotspot for the local Scaldy's though so be sure not to leave anything valuable on show in your car. :)

Masada wrote: »
    That carpark is a hotspot for the local Scaldy's though so be sure not to leave anything valuable on show in your car. :)

It's actually been revamped by QPark and they done a good job on it. I get the impression it's secure enough, there's security and plenty of cameras so a lot better now than what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Masada wrote: »
    Cathal Brugha St. lol
    That'll be the posh name for what has been known as Seam McDermot street for decades.
    Google is wrong.

Cathal Brugha Street is the new (since the 1920s) street from Marlborough Street to O'Connell Street. Sean McDermott Street (formerly Gloucester Street) Upper and Lower are from Marlborough Street to Buckingham Street

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=53.35230131070054~-6.259340763400871&lvl=17&sty=r

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx#V1,715916,735012,8 - look at historical maps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The bit of old Upper Sean McDermott Street from Cumberland street on one side and Champions Avenue on the other towards O'Connell Street was renamed Cathal Brugha Street so that people would buy the privately built apartments on the Cumberland Street side (Gresham House).

The bit from Cumberland Street and Champions Avenue to Gardiner Street (the bit with DCC apartments) is still Upper Sean McDermott Street.

They could not have been more obvious about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement