Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chicken/Lazy Play?

• 20-12-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭

Howyis, long time reader, 1st time poster.....

Basically the jist is, I'm on a roll....
    everyday for the last 2 weeks, I've played on me lunch and ended up at least a tenner...not great but I started with a €20 bankroll....
    After some serious pain taken playing the STT's I started winning a few...then I won the 60c MTT (wow!!, I know)
    A few more STT's and then 2 weeks ago, I started playing cash and lost me bollox. Annoyed, I returned to it and am hitting the .5/.10 tables and I go up every time...its too bloody easy....the thing is I go to the table with the max (20) and bully the ****e outta everyone....its lazy, its immoral and I'm afraid it might make my game suffer....
    Any suggestions?
    btw, this isnt a brag....I'm worried I may become a weaker player

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

DeadParrot wrote:
    Howyis, long time reader, 1st time poster.....

Basically the jist is, I'm on a roll....
    everyday for the last 2 weeks, I've played on me lunch and ended up at least a tenner...not great but I started with a €20 bankroll....
    After some serious pain taken playing the STT's I started winning a few...then I won the 60c MTT (wow!!, I know)
    A few more STT's and then 2 weeks ago, I started playing cash and lost me bollox. Annoyed, I returned to it and am hitting the .5/.10 tables and I go up every time...its too bloody easy....the thing is I go to the table with the max (20) and bully the ****e outta everyone....its lazy, its immoral and I'm afraid it might make my game suffer....
    Any suggestions?
    btw, this isnt a brag....I'm worried I may become a weaker player

If bullying the players at the level you play at is profitable then it is the right thing to do.

Unfortunately, if you want to move up a level or two you'll find you get caught out a little more often so take your time and build your bank roll before you decide you're going to try anything fancy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

you will not always be able to bully,you don't want to rely to much on one style.Try to master shortstack play,and other styles/systems.

ps:welcome to the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

what they said...

if your trying to improve your game, rather than make the most possible at any one moment I would advise doing what Dub13 suggested. At higher levels it will be important to be able to change your style. But bullying is a good style to master - again it is much easier to master at the lower levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

nothing immoral about rolling over 0.05/0.1 tables with blind agression, indeed it can be a fun way of letting off steam.
    however, it's not going to work at higher stakes tables unless you know what you're doing. if you want to improve your game i would suggest reading some books (see sticky at top of the page "So you Want to Play Poker")

Regarding bankroll, there's been numerous threads, try a search and you should find plenty to mull over. You need to determine how serious you want to take your game and how much are you willing to spend on it say per week, month etc

Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Dub13 wrote:

ps:welcome to the forum OF DEATH.

thats more like it...

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

roryc wrote:
    thats more like it...

:D:D:D

be gentle with them at first Rory.;)