Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rikand Walrus V2.0 Reveal Thread!

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In 1st place, scoring 15 points.

Federkleid by Faun :: Submitted by
    Also Starring Levar Burton

I am going to shamelessly steal the quote that was sent to me in describing this from the submitter ::

"For me this would fit right in to Lord Of The Rings or Game Of Thrones or Xena: Warrior Princess or anything else in that realm of a Fantasy Universe, has that kind of folky medieval feel to it that could be sung at village fairs, but also has a bit of an Elvish vibe about it that you could picture Legolas or Arwen out dancing to after a few scoops on a night out in Rivendell"

A few scoops had in Rivendell or Lorien is exactly the image I had in my head listening to this. Vocal is beautiful. Music is beautiful. its the perfect category fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Ah great choice LeVar, Faun are a great band!! Used to listen to that type of folk in the past, then and Schandmaul were in my radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Delighted you liked that one Rikand. It's actually a song I had only stumbled upon myself a month or so before you threw your sign-ups up. Had been listening to a fair bit of similar music around the time, so was a bit spoilt for choice for this category.

So to recap

I actually enjoyed the music a lot more doing the reveal than when I was listening to it during the last 2 weeks. New job at work and not really knowing what I'm at is maybe getting me down a bit so trying to listen to new music is probably not ideal during this period and perhaps some songs are misplaced as a result of that.... its something I'll reflect on in the weeks ahead.

For now. I'm going to crack on with the next category and I'm really looking forward to it to see what kind of stuff has been submitted to me and all the movie quotes that have come through. I might considering doing the top 3/bottom 3 at the end reveal for this one. We'll see how I feel when I come to it.

I'm going to try to aim for a midweek reveal this time. So hopefully like a Wednesday night or something - so in around 11-12 days from now for the next one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand wrote: »
    In 8th place, scoring 8 points

Requiem for a tower by Clint Mansell : Submitted by EN

Sorry, this entry is just too much of a copout to score any higher than this. its a masterpiece, but, like, oversaturation and you know it too. I've probably scored it a little high tbh
    You monster!

Like you said I did know it! But this is possibly my favourite piece of music ever, so I had no choice but to enter it. I always prefer the new, unheard, gems in a walrus though, so I wholeheartedly accept and respect my low score :D

As well as just adoring this tune, I always love knowing it was written by the ex-singer of Pop Will Eat Itself too, such a career shift!

Really enjoying some of the songs from this latest category. Every song has gotten 1 listen each so far.

Here are 4 songs that havent been given. 2 of them are possibly 2 of the most famous songs featuring quotes from movies and then 2 are from my own personal electronic music collection :D

Misirlou - Pulp Fiction :: Warning - NSFW Quote at the start!!!

Fun Loving Criminals - Scooby Snacks :: Warning - NSFW Quotes throughout

Adam White & Anthony Dean - Out Of Nowhere (Michael Parsberg & Michael Splint Remix) :: Movie quote from The Last Temptation of Christ at 3:00 with other samples throughout - Real uplifting trance tune :D

Michael Splint - Remember Remember :: Quote from V for Vendetta in there, ties in real nice with the melody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Struggled to find a song for this. Scooby Snacks was the only one I knew off the top of my head.

Still only one listen given. I got caught up listening to music from ShaneU's tournaments so no reveal this week. Probably next week :)

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cea0e7c93ae0088d1b2697b06501420de354cf52&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

So yeah, I've been busy. I havent even played any golf for the last 6 weeks, thats how busy I have been :)

I'm hoping to get this back on the road from this coming week sometime. I'm also going to rescore Category 5 as tbh, I'm not at all happy with it. I think I scored it too quickly and I didnt give some of the songs the listen that they deserved. I also shouldnt have totally discounted songs just because they didnt meet what I thought was fantasy. Fantasy to me doesnt mean it wasnt fantasy to someone else and I was wrong to just discount songs for that reason.

Especially when I said in the signup ::

" Just something that makes you think fantasy when you hear it.... whatever that fantasy song is for you . "

Work was just starting to ramp up at the time and I wasnt at all prepared properly to do that reveal. So I'll redo that category first and then get back to category 6 afterwards. I'll be back in touch when I know more

• Advertisement

I do plan to finish this at some point. Work is starting to go into its quiet phase, so hopefully in the coming weeks, but I dont want to say much incase i'm still quiet at christmas lol. I've been less inclined to log into boards since the changeover. I just dont like the look and feel of the forum (as a whole, not forum games, you guys are awesome) and some of the functionality that is no longer present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Time to unplug and join us all in the other place ;)

Advertisement