Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utopia (Amazon Prime)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Available here too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Like.....when I logged on tonight for a bit of boards TV chat, I never thought my subscription to Prime would be called into question. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magentur

Morathi wrote: »
    I literally just checked, available for me no problem.
    Working fine for me too, no VPN.

This is very strange. Not available for me on Amazon Prime Video... Irish account

And google gives me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfEH3i6NEmE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

So it's not "banned". Good lad.

/Close thread

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Available for me too.

Stop watching conspircy ****e on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Not to fuel the conspiracy but it's not listed on PrimeVideo which seems to filter geographically. You can see what shows are available in your country on JustWatch and it's available in the UK, France, and US but not Germany, Austria, Italy, and Japan. Maybe you're on to something OP...

This is it wrote: »
    So it's not "banned". Good lad.

/Close thread
    Available for me too.

Stop watching conspircy ****e on youtube.

Well. I watched the conspiracy ****e after I was unable to find the show.
    Are there two types of Amazon Prime accounts. Because it definitely isn't available on mine, Why? Still an issue here to be teased out

TheChizler wrote: »
    Not to fuel the conspiracy but it's not listed on PrimeVideo which seems to filter geographically. You can see what shows are available in your country on JustWatch and it's available in the UK, France, and US but not Germany, Austria, Italy, and Japan. Maybe you're on to something OP...

Strange that a major new show would not be available in select countries.
    And it was announced for release in Ireland last week. Just seems to have been pulled after a few days. And yet some here with irish accounts can get it.
    Puzzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Not only can I watch the new one, I can watch the original 2013 version too.

Go to bed lad.

• Advertisement

Not only can I watch the new one, I can watch the original 2013 version too.

Go to bed lad.
    Do you have your region set to the UK or something? All I have is the cr*p Irish selection.

Do you have your region set to the UK or something? All I have is the cr*p Irish selection.

Same here. If those that can get it are using regions for different countries that would explain it

I really want to watch this now :D Really curious what the difference in our setups is.

Screenshot-20201028-013518-Prime-Video.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,690 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

magentur wrote: »
    Semantics. Let me rephrase. Who decided that this show was not to be available in Ireland?
    It's not clear that anybody did, since other boardies say they can get it with no problem.

But if a TV show [book/film/performance of any kind] is not available in one particular territory, the reason in 999 cases out of 1,000 is that the distributor hasn't secured the rights to that territory. It could be, for example, that a broadcaster in territory A has secured the rights to broadcast the show in Territory A, and part of the deal is that the show won't be streamed in Territory A until after it has been broadcast. The result is that whoever has the the streaming rights to the show will be told "but you can't stream in Territory A before [date]".

I really want to watch this now :D

Maybe it's just those that have been selected for the vaccine that can't get it.

:)

So, I think I see the issue.

It's not showing up on my Prime App, but it is showing up on the amazon website itself.

• Advertisement

So, I think I see the issue.

It's not showing up on my Prime App, but it is showing up on the amazon website itself.

I'm using the website on a desktop.

Maybe it's just those that have been selected for the vaccine that can't get it.

:)
    Maybe the 5g transmitter injected when I was "swabbed" is causing interference.

I'm using the website on a desktop.

Amazon.co.uk?

Amazon.co.uk?

https://www.primevideo.com/

Set to Ireland as region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

It’s certainly not banned by anyone, but it does look like, as per usual, Amazon is giving us a ****e range of programming for the same price and seem to have done PR for the show as it’s been reviewed by a few Irish publications.

• Advertisement

Zhane wrote: »
    Available here too...

Ooh, it only got three stars. Clearly the work of Leo's henchmen.

Magentur admit it, you're here as part of the vital campaign to get us talking about it.

Coincidence.. HAH I think not :)

Elite puppet Leo Varadkar tells the Global Vaccine Summit 2020 that he is in full support to vaccinate ALL people of Ireland against their will under the guise of us all being kept "safe"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPM9C_9Hhs&fbclid=IwAR2fZjx_Yk9A4Ivl1zlonZHty7Z2WGdzCUy0MzI8v50ISMhk52U5XZxP0Ew

Janus is the top-secret project at the heart of the Network's machinations in Utopia. It is split into two parts to avoid detection: a protein called GCHN1 which is added to all industrially farmed corn, and an amino acid put into the vaccine for Russian flu.

https://utopiatv.fandom.com/wiki/Janus

Hate to spoil at good conspiracy theory but the government has absolutely no power to regulate or censor this.

It’s either an Amazon oversight or their usual cut down, but just as expensive Irish version of U.K. prime.

440Hertz wrote: »
    Hate to spoil at good conspiracy theory but the government has absolutely no power to regulate or censor this.

It’s either an Amazon oversight or their usual cut down, but just as expensive Irish version of U.K. prime.

But why would they pull a major new series after only a few days?
    The pharma industry is very influential in ireland. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they would have a word with Amazon about a series that might put doubts into peoples minds about the advisability of taking trial vaccines.

It’s fairly far beyond the realms of possibility. Why would Amazon even respond to such a request? They run plenty of controversial content and aren’t subject to any licensing regime here and the government neither has any formal powers to do such a thing nor would they be going out of their way to annoy a multinational that supported thousands of IT jobs here.

It’s fairly far beyond the realms of possibility. Why would Amazon even respond to such a request? They run plenty of controversial content and aren’t subject to any licensing regime here and the government neither has any formal powers to do such a thing nor would they be going out of their way to annoy a multinational that supported thousands of IT jobs here.

Still seems a bit dubious. Amazon releases a major new series worldwide. Including Ireland. It does publicity for the show in Ireland and advertises it here.
    A few days after it is launched it is pulled. No explanation.
    Ireland is a centre for the powerful multinational pharma industry. They are very influential here.
    The central point of the series is the danger of taking a vaccine.
    I'm assuming that those that can get it are using Amazons UK service. This may not be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Magentur admit it, you're here as part of the vital campaign to get us talking about it.

GABBO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Are you sure about that?
    What if they wanted to show something that the censors have banned in Ireland, Wrestlemania 16 for instance?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_censorship_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

Some interesting reading there, Simpsons season 2 has a 12 rating, X Files season 6 is 18's, The Vicar of Dibley, Season 2 disc 3 is 15s, Angel, season 1 disc 2 is 18's ...

The Ciderhouse Rules is 12 in the UK, 18 in Ireland:
    themes of abortion, incest and drugs
    [267]

Head video censor Audrey Conlon advocated a 15 certificate on the basis it was an important subject for that age group to discuss, but Smith felt the matter-of-fact" treatment was inappropriate given the then-current context of the subject in the country.[268]

Fair enough you can't police that on streaming services, but if somethings banned, its banned, no?

It’s more likely some less exciting issue like failure to clear rights on some aspect of the soundtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ladystardust

This thread has been really entertaining. My only concern is that we might run out of tinfoil for our hats. Then what shall we do!?? I'd implore all who can, to go to bed..... but im also up at 3am with crippling anxiety about the state of the world. Does the tinfoil work? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,690 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Fair enough you can't police that on streaming services, but if somethings banned, its banned, no?
    Not at all, no. If a film is banned under the censorship legislation, that prevents the film being shown in public in Ireland. If a DVD of the film is banned (which is a separate decision; it doesn't follow automatically from the ban on the film) then the DVD can't be sold or distributed. But neither ban affects broadcasters, who remain free to broadcast the work, or online providers, who remain free to stream it or offer it for download.

Plus, there are limited grounds on which a film or DVD can be banned. It certainly can't be banned just because big pharma doesn't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Simi

So you've noticed that prime video has a more limited selection than prime section on the Amazon website and come to the shocking realisation that there's some sort of conspiracy to sterilise the Irish population?! Is that correct?

I hate to break this to you OP but the only conspiracy here is the ****ty way Amazon treat their Irish customers.

There are in fact several tiers of programmes available to Irish viewers.

Tier 1 - Amazon.co.uk prime subscribers who lied at Christmas so they could watch the premiership and now get the full UK programme selection on a firestick, Android app or through the website.

Tier 2 - Amazon.co.uk prime subscribers who didn't lie to get the premiership and get a cut down selection of programmes.

Tier 3 - Primevideo subscribers who primarily use the prime video website and get a severely cut down version.
    Try going through amazon.co.uk prime or the android app or a firestick to see more stuff if this is you.

Tier 4 - People who get primevideo free from Eir who might be missing stuff even the people in Tier 3 get.

TL;DR don't use the primevideo website.
    Irish customers get less because Amazon couldn't be arsed paying or negotiating rights for stuff in Ireland.
    That banned programme will probably turn up on RTE at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

This thread is a prime example of how conspiracy theories start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Leo Varadkar recently announced that he was hopeful that we would be the first country to be given a widely distributed vaccine for covid.

He absolutely didn't say that. And if he did he'd be a complete buffoon as both Russia and Chine have been vaccinating for months already. We will be getting our vaccines through European purchasing agreements and all EU countries will be getting a share of those vaccines in proportion to our populations. At the earliest we'll have started vaccinating priority groups in December/January, along with the rest of Europe, the UK, Canada, the US, etc, 5/6 months after China started doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah, its not coming up on my Prime either.
    Must not have the rights for Ireland or something I guess.

Prime Video took years to reach Ireland though, I remember it was all over Europe except Ireland a few years back. I couldn't justify paying for Prime back then without the Video part, seemed pointless as I didn't order much from Amazon.

Ireland must be a difficult country for video 'rights' or something.

Oh well, I'll watch it somewhere else...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

OP, is there a 5g tower nearby? Could be interfering with your signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah, its not coming up on my Prime either.
    Must not have the rights for Ireland or something I guess.

Prime Video took years to reach Ireland though, I remember it was all over Europe except Ireland a few years back. I couldn't justify paying for Prime back then without the Video part, seemed pointless as I didn't order much from Amazon.

Ireland must be a difficult country for video 'rights' or something.

Oh well, I'll watch it somewhere else...
    Or ask amazon to switch you to the uk...like most people.

The show is crap anyway, just watch the UK version instead

gmisk wrote: »
    Or ask amazon to switch you to the uk...like most people.

The show is crap anyway, just watch the UK version instead

Coo, I'll do that.
    I feel like I watched the UK version back then, was it around the same time as 'Humans' on Channel 4 was going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Coo, I'll do that.
    I feel like I watched the UK version back then, was it around the same time as 'Humans' on Channel 4 was going?
    It was out a few years before humans I think.
    It is very good, the US version is very poor in comparison.

gmisk wrote: »
    It was out a few years before humans I think.
    It is very good, the US version is very poor in comparison.

Ah cool. Watching Twin Peaks ATM as I was only 10yo when it was out, so I'll watch UK Utopia next, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I love how the elites tell us all about the sinister things they are going to do by making movies and TV series about their top secret plans so as thicks on YouTube and Facebook have a chance to save humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

I may have the answer to why some people can see it and some can't. A couple of months ago I saw that Alias had been added to Prime, so I went to watch it but there was just one random episode available (season 1, episode 8 or something), so I contacted Amazon support. The person on the other end literally just switched my region from Ireland to UK so suddenly my entire library had expanded by a huge amount. The catch is I now have to watch anything on Prime on my computer from amazon.co.uk. If I try to use primevideo.com it prompts me to switch my region to Ireland and won't let me into the actual Prime Video website if I don't. The app on my iPad, phone and TV work fine though, no hoops to jump through there.

tl;dr Some of the people in here have their account flagged as being in Ireland and some have it flagged as being in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Jafin wrote: »
    I may have the answer to why some people can see it and some can't. A couple of months ago I saw that Alias had been added to Prime, so I went to watch it but there was just one random episode available (season 1, episode 8 or something), so I contacted Amazon support. The person on the other end literally just switched my region from Ireland to UK so suddenly my entire library had expanded by a huge amount. The catch is I now have to watch anything on Prime on my computer from amazon.co.uk. If I try to use primevideo.com it prompts me to switch my region to Ireland and won't let me into the actual Prime Video website if I don't. The app on my iPad, phone and TV work fine though, no hoops to jump through there.

tl;dr Some of the people in here have their account flagged as being in Ireland and some have it flagged as being in the UK.

I have an Irish account and can get it

Like.....when I logged on tonight for a bit of boards TV chat, I never thought my subscription to Prime would be called into question. :pac:

Bill Gates planted shill

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

NATLOR wrote: »
    I have an Irish account and can't get it.

Are you signed directly up to Primevideo (as I am) or are you an Amazon Prime member (I'm not)?

ixoy wrote: »
    I have an Irish account and can't get it.

Are you signed directly up to Primevideo (as I am) or are you an Amazon Prime member (I'm not)?

Prime member
    There is a thread on the series ,people also mentioning they cant get it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058045786

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

NATLOR wrote: »

It's possible your region is set to UK, as my account is Irish too. Not saying it is but it's possible. Easy way to check: If you go into Amazon.co.uk, hover over Accounts & Lists, go down and click on Manage Your Content and Devices, next click on Preferences and finally click the down facing arrow on the right side of where it says Country/Region Settings. That will tell you if you're accessing the Irish or UK Prime Video library.

Edit: Just saw what ixoy said regarding having a Prime Video sub vs an actual Prime sub. Didn't think of that as a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I love how the elites tell us all about the sinister things they are going to do by making movies and TV series about their top secret plans so as thicks on YouTube and Facebook have a chance to save humanity.

Everybody knows it was Greta Thunburg that made Covid to reduce the global population thus reducing greenhouse emissions. It’s her and Alex Jones, the real head of the illuminati.

Jafin wrote: »
    It's possible your region is set to UK, as my account is Irish too. Not saying it is but it's possible. Easy way to check: If you go into Amazon.co.uk, hover over Accounts & Lists, go down and click on Manage Your Content and Devices, next click on Preferences and finally click the down facing arrow on the right side of where it says Country/Region Settings. That will tell you if you're accessing the Irish or UK Prime Video library.

Edit: Just saw what ixoy said regarding having a Prime Video sub vs an actual Prime sub. Didn't think of that as a possibility.

Its Irish region set

• Advertisement
Advertisement