Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceans 11 Werewolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Nigel WW (2): Frank WW, Abigail WW
    Mary WW (2): Nigel WW, Holly WW
    Clodagh WW (2): Orla WW, Barbara WW
    Steve WW (2): Oisin WW, Gabriel WW

I'm in the same process but it doesn't work really, I was thinking we run the 4 off and vote here, a red flip gives us two green villagers except Mary as Holly is dead but no way to narrow it down really, Nigel is the one who seems to be getting most heat. Personally I was on Clodagh and Steve made my wolfy list. Out of those I think Nigel gives us the best info in the event of a red flip but green and we are in trouble

I still prefer to get Henry off the board tbh but not sure what to do

hate to say it cos it involves me. nigel gives to most info.

if he's red, it clears frank, abigail and mary (i think).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Mary WW wrote: »

This is correct, but its also an if! If someone had a peek, that'd be great:D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

This is correct, but its also an if! If someone had a peek, that'd be great:D

very true that re the peek

anyone?

I have seen numerous people now (3 or 4) insinuate they had done a task for rewards yet there has been no outcomes of these rewards that I have seen? What gives, have ya not done your tasks yet? What rewards are on offer? FWIW I have no tasks so unsure where this line came from but seen a few mention it. Also no mention of it in the death notices of those who have died so far

No response to this despite Katie, Clodagh and someone else who I cant remember basically saying they had tasks. Odd

Rikand wrote: »
    Character Claiming

A separate post for this as its very important people dont break this rule. You are not allowed to claim your character in this game. Doing so will result in a modkill.

I like people to have to play werewolf to try and solve the game. Mass character claims are a big no-no in my book.

For example, if this game was based on the team manchester united. It would be okay to say :: I wonder if Roy Keane is in this game. That is such a Roy Keane type of thing to do. Isnt Roy Keane a total arsehole!

It would not be okay to say. I'm Roy Keane. I'm the guy who broke Alf inge Haalands leg. I'm the one who screwed Ireland in Saipan.

You get the picture ? ;) Dont claim your character name. Dont claim something that makes it obvious which character you are.

You can claim any role you want though. As its technically possible that anyone could have any kind of role. There's a good few different roles and abilities in this game. Everyone has a power of some sort. Some powers are better than others. Not all powers are created equally. :)

IT IS STILL NIGHT. DO NOT POST

Its within the rules to claim a power/role just no character claims

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Hate to say it? :pac:

You’ve been pushing it since I pointed out your posts where you slipped up yesterday

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Hate to say it? :pac:

You’ve been pushing it since I pointed out your posts where you slipped up yesterday

Any tasks Nidge?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

So here are my reads

Barbara WW - Was very involved D0 but it feels like shes gone to ground since. Liked her ISO of Nigel and Katie
    Clodagh WW - I actually like Clodaghs posts. She did vote twice right at the death last nite. Sure it was self-pres but was it more. Kinda has to be resolved at some stage
    Frank WW - middle of the road, vanilla, could easy be a wolf coasting by
    Gabriel WW - middle of the road, vanilla, could easy be a wolf coasting by
    Henry WW - ignore for now
    Mary WW - Has been very quick to jump on things. Like flash quick. Immediately accepted Henry saying that three people were clear, to the point where she had a coloured table up immediately. She also talks about always going to vote for Holly but actually votes Riona and claims to Henry that she saved him. She seems too eager. Village lean
    Nigel WW - completely OMGUS after I say people moved their votes to save him. Has eased back since, which is strange. Does talk about my voting as strange, ignores that Gabriels follows a similar pattern. Wolf lean
    Oisin WW - Watery enough FFA
    Orla WW - just comes across as over paranoid. Village lean here
    Phil WW - Definite wolf lean, just coasting by, nothing too controversial
    Katie WW - this post came across as wolfy. Not a lot else to go on, although she hears theres a bullet and then gets out of dodge. Wolf lean
    Steve WW - Hasn't been around all day so its hard to say but I liked the way he interacted when he was here
    Vernon WW - I like Vernons posts. I feel like I'm in his pocket
    Wendy WW - had a vig kill apparently, I;d like her to get on with it

So that would leave my FFA as
    Nigel
    Oisin
    Katie
    Phil
    Clodagh

Clodagh is only there by dint of her late change last nite, you can't move your vote that late to make someone the top wagon and not come under suspicion

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Finally finished my read back. I'm very tempted to vote for Henry. Currently have 4 on my suspect list with Henry included but I'm trying to narrow it to three.

Vote gone in for Nigel, I can see the logic in him being lynched, it would paint Frank and I in a very good light
    I also happen to think hes a wolf

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    So here are my reads

Barbara WW - Was very involved D0 but it feels like shes gone to ground since. Liked her ISO of Nigel and Katie
    Clodagh WW - I actually like Clodaghs posts. She did vote twice right at the death last nite. Sure it was self-pres but was it more. Kinda has to be resolved at some stage
    Frank WW - middle of the road, vanilla, could easy be a wolf coasting by
    Gabriel WW - middle of the road, vanilla, could easy be a wolf coasting by
    Henry WW - ignore for now
    Mary WW - Has been very quick to jump on things. Like flash quick. Immediately accepted Henry saying that three people were clear, to the point where she had a coloured table up immediately. She also talks about always going to vote for Holly but actually votes Riona and claims to Henry that she saved him. She seems too eager. Village lean
    Nigel WW - completely OMGUS after I say people moved their votes to save him. Has eased back since, which is strange. Does talk about my voting as strange, ignores that Gabriels follows a similar pattern. Wolf lean
    Oisin WW - Watery enough FFA
    Orla WW - just comes across as over paranoid. Village lean here
    Phil WW - Definite wolf lean, just coasting by, nothing too controversial
    Katie WW - this post came across as wolfy. Not a lot else to go on, although she hears theres a bullet and then gets out of dodge. Wolf lean
    Steve WW - Hasn't been around all day so its hard to say but I liked the way he interacted when he was here
    Vernon WW - I like Vernons posts. I feel like I'm in his pocket
    Wendy WW - had a vig kill apparently, I;d like her to get on with it

So that would leave my #FFA2 as
    Nigel
    Oisin
    Katie
    Phil
    Clodagh

Clodagh is only there by dint of her late change last nite, you can't move your vote that late to make someone the top wagon and not come under suspicion

#FFA2 added for search purposes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Right, here are my thoughts. Last night's lynch was the Pits-the usual Crapshoot, as predicted by a few.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #32

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW

First things first: I voted Fiona because she was posting fluff and I didn't like her jumping on Holly on the basis of very little. I said as much yesterday.

Initially, I suspected Steve, Nigel and Clodagh of being on a team based on last minute votes. But Steve's last min vote was actually a re-vote, because he misformatted his earlier one. Nigel didn't self-pres at all and ended up on two. Clodagh's was a self preservation vote, because he was on two.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    ATM, i have no reason to think that nigel is bad, so saying frank and abigail are good does not wash with me. Frank was my preferred vote, but due to not knowing what 'post sequence number method was, i self presed.
    Seems a fair explanation; but Nigel and Clodagh might be on a team, could be village or wolf.

Holly could move someone's vote. So if Holly wanted to move someone's vote, where would she move it to? I would say to the person she voted for: in this case, it was Mary, who would have been lynched. So the question I have is what happened that Holly couldn't move a vote to Mary? She already knew she was dead at 9.03pm:
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Well I’m a villager so post mortem starts now.

But I don't really know why.

Riona and Wendy didn't vote at all.  Wendy says she has a gun, but no one has been shot; a bit weird in itself. Riona only made five or so posts and now she is dead. Only one person voted for Riona yesterday: Mary, who later said it was because she wanted her to come out and play, flimsy, but not wolfy in itself. I wonder if the wolves peeked Riona?
    i was never on you, i was on riona hoping it would get her posting

Mary made a late switch to Holly, after she earlier had said Holly was the only one who she 'had as good'. When called out on it, she made a song and dance about Holly's nice list on day one, as though it was something unusual.

Henry then comes out with contradictory statements and he and Mary get chummy. He even said he and Holly were in 'cahoots' when Holly had actually voted for him. He says he knows who the wolf is, that he can clear a bunch of villagers  and Mary tries to hammer home the point as though that's all solved then and she's in the clear with this over eager post.
    day 1 voting:

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #32

Fiona WW (1): Katie WW
    Holly WW (3): Mary WW, Steve WW, Clodagh WW
    Katie WW (1): Phil WW
    Frank WW (1): Vernon WW
    Henry WW (1): Henry WW
    Barbara WW (1): Fiona WW
    Not voting (2): Riona WW, Wendy WW
    Henry WW wrote:
    I think Henry and Mary have solved at least two wolves.
    This is a statement that is backed up by nothing, Mary doesn't even respond to it. Is he saying in plain sight that he and Mary are the wolves? Too blatant surely, but then again, I don't want to be played here.

Today Henry contradicts himself and says all he knows is Mary is good. I've pretty much given up trying to make sense of Henry; I can't believe his contradictory claims. I didn't trust him yesterday and I still can't trust him. But he could be wolf or village. He obviously needs people to vote for him for some reason so for now he might not be a safe vote. I think Mary and he might be a wolf team; but I'm more inclined to think Mary is taking advantage of the chaos of Henry to make herself look good.

Her first posts off the bat today seem to want everyone to ignore her because she's 'cleared' by Henry.
    henry, can you clarify this please:

are the 3 who voted holly good?
    because lets face it, that will dramatically affect how we play today

Her reasoning for voting for Steve earlier today is as flimsy as her vote for Riona.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Mary, you voted Steve (and I can see why), but it doesn't fit into your thoughts last night. Clarify please
    got mixed up. now i dont know what to do.

thought abigail was onto something good there, jumped the gun.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Mary, what changed from last night here, when you said we should take Henry's word for it that yourself, myself and Clodagh were all village, to this morning putting a vote on me?

Have you decided against trusting Henry?
    i got excited by abigail's reasoning this morning, stuck a vote in for you. it all made sense.

forgot that you were cleared (well are we really cleared? waiting for henry to clarify that).

She's basically been clearing herself and the others from the night before. How could she forget? She asks Henry to come along and clarify and he comes along promptly to do so.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    One who voted Holly is good.
    She tries to hammer it home again.
    that helps the theory that both steve and nigel are bad.
    This is a theory that Mary has concocted mostly herself.

Then she comes out with this contradictory, distraction tactic.
    re the votes, we're all focusing on the late switches.

could be the complete opposite. the wolves got in early, were happy none of them were for the chop, and just sailed on thru
    This is after she voted for Steve because of some late posting.

Here she leaps to the defense of Henry.
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    Is it Henry who wants to be lynched? Should we shoot him instead?
    no
    do you have anything to indicate he is a wolf?

Below is Abigail, Gabriel and Clodagh wondering why Frank wasn't included in her list of wolves. I don't see much indication she's in cahoots with Frank, other than Frank saying something along the lines that we should lynch/kill Clodagh and Steve and leave Mary because Henry 'cleared' her. Only Henry, Mary and Frank seem to have suggested that Henry has really cleared, or is capable of clearing, anyone. We won't really know until Henry is dead?
    to answer your questions abigail.

5 people had 2 or 3 votes. 4 of them are good (so far), leaving nigel.

if he was bad, in a close vote, a team mate would not have voted for him. so if he is bad, then chances are yourself and frank are good.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »

You have not included frank in your 5 people, which was on two until i moved off to self pres.
    Frank could have had as much been included here as Nigel, no?

Clodagh pointed this out this morning.

Recently we have this..
    i've not identified any wolves unfortunately.

Hardly a surprise when it's all contradictory statements, chumminess with Henry and votes based on nothing. And what happened to the two wolves that Henry and Mary had solved last night?

Some other minor thoughts:

Clodagh: Aggressive, in a good way, mostly. I didn't understand his obsession with Barbara's 'piles' yesterday. :pac: I don't really know why he's going after Frank so strongly unless I've missed something? I'm still wondering if he's in a team with Nigel; good or bad.

Nigel: He voted on 'gut' yesterday. I don't like 'gut' votes generally; although on day one it's common. The lack of self-pres maybe works in his favour but I'm not entirely convinced.

Barbara: Holly and Barbara were the two I saw as village yesterday, although admittedly I didn't say so. I didn't like Barbara's hatchet job ISO on me naturally, saying I should be shot the minute I got in the thread today :pac:, so I'm not as fond of Babs as I once was.:p

Oisin: I didn't agree with him yesterday jumping on Steve for calling out the dodgy poetry and I don't really agree with his FFA other than Mary/Henry. Other than that, not much to go on.

Steve: Like his posts from late last night onward. Leaning good for the moment.

Frank: Overly fond of Mary for my liking maybe, but not much to go on.

Abigail: Nothing wolfy at all that I can see. Might be a wolf playing a good game!

Vernon: Nothing wolfy at all. Same as above.

Gabriel: There was just one thing really: why vote Oisin as a 'placeholder' in the lynch thread? As I understand it, isn't that backroom idiom? Could it be a mistake? I didn't like it.

Henry: I think he might be on a team with Mary, or he could be a wolf waiting to be activated in some way; which is something I proposed yesterday. The other possibility is he's just a mad NRV who is going to leave everyone scratching their heads after he's dead. I haven't enjoyed Henry's play but he's obviously under instructions of some sort and it might not be his fault.

Orla, Phil and Wendy: Not much posting from these three at all. I said earlier that there could be a low-lying wolf in the low posters and I might come back to it if they don't put a shift in, although if Wendy kills a wolf, we can probably put her down as village obviously. But where has Wendy's bullet gone?

Right folks, no one can accuse me of not doing any work.

Going to vote Mary based on reasoning above.

Any tasks Nidge?

Nope, no tasks here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Right now I'm leaving my vote on Henry because the way I see it is...

Henry now appears to be implying he's unlynchable. It's unlikely (I think) that a player would have the power to be both unlynchable AND know alignments of people. Lynching Henry will give us information - either he's lynched and we find out his alignment and use that to judge his previous postings, or he isn't lynched and maybe he starts contributing more things that make sense.

Either way, having read back I am leaning towards him being a wolf and even if I'm wrong, I don't think he's any loss to the town because he's massively unhelpful and confusing everyone. He's first on my FFA and my vote for tonight.

Second is Mary. While I liked Mary yesterday after a reread I am thinking that Mary and Henry are both wolves. As others have pointed out Mary has been inconsistent with her views on Henry's postings, and to me it reads like Henry is being blatantly out there, thinking nobody would suspect them being a pair, whereas Mary is now trying to distance herself from Henry. She's my other FFA.

#FFA2

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Vote gone in for Nigel, I can see the logic in him being lynched, it would paint Frank and I in a very good light

Why would it paint Frank in a bad light and you in a good.

Do you know something we dont?

God it’s convenient how you and Mary have come up with this logic

After I flip village you should swing, followed by your mate

I'm about 2 pages behind in my catch-up but for what it's worth, if the bullet is still available I would advocate using that on Henry before lynch and lynching Mary

Dinner is here and I'm starving so going to eat.

#FFA2
    Henry: I think he's playing TWTBAW tactically. Seems eager for people to vote. Possible jester role but at this point, I'm not sure I care! Maybe Denny Shields?

Gabriel: I don't like the sudden move off Oisin, particularly to vote for the same person as Oisin.

Phil: Too coasty by far. Would like to hear more from him.

I'm about 2 pages behind in my catch-up but for what it's worth, if the bullet is still available I would advocate using that on Henry before lynch and lynching Mary

I would absolutely endorse a bullet for Henry.

I'm very confused also by the whole saving Nigel thing and how lynching him clears people?? Don't see any logic to that at all

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Dinner is here and I'm starving so going to eat.

#FFA2
    Henry: I think he's playing TWTBAW tactically. Seems eager for people to vote. Possible jester role but at this point, I'm not sure I care! Maybe Denny Shields?

Gabriel: I don't like the sudden move off Oisin, particularly to vote for the same person as Oisin.

Phil: Too coasty by far. Would like to hear more from him.

I wasnt ON Oisin, i voted him as a placeholder until I caught up.

Silly boy Vern. If that's whats got ya worried well then you clearly are not playing well.

I'm very confused also by the whole saving Nigel thing and how lynching him clears people?? Don't see any logic to that at all

None? In a one team game and heavy spread of votes?

Why would it paint Frank in a bad light and you in a good.

Do you know something we dont?

Think you need to reread my post

I say it would paint frank and I in a very good light

Fiona if you do get a chance to get back on before lynch, I do think it should be used today so we can prevent any opportunities for the power to be stolen (if such a power exists, I don't know that it does).

Fiona if you do get a chance to get back on before lynch, I do think it should be used today so we can prevent any opportunities for the power to be stolen (if such a power exists, I don't know that it does).

Fiona is dead

None? In a one team game and heavy spread of votes?

Nope. I'm wary of anyone is voting for someone in order to paint themselves in a 'good light' like Abigail seems to be suggesting. We're trying to catch wolves, not appear to be the top villager

Fiona is dead

Woops, sorry Wendy

Nope. I'm wary of anyone is voting for someone in order to paint themselves in a 'good light' like Abigail seems to be suggesting. We're trying to catch wolves, not appear to be the top villager

This is your second attempt to help out Nigel, im moving my vote there as a result. He's bad, your bad IMO

Nigel is top of my FFA, I voted for him last nite.

It’s handy that my vote can also fit into a plan someone else came up with.

But for clarity my vote has been on Nigel long before that was mentioned

• Advertisement

Think you need to reread my post

I say it would paint frank and I in a very good light

I did misread

Advertisement