Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Maingau

Options

Comments

maingau costs 34.11 c/Kwh + 9.74 c/min ? whats that all about ?

The other tariff is for Maingau customers I take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

maingau costs 34.11 c/Kwh + 9.74 c/min ? whats that all about ?

The other tariff is for Maingau customers I take it ?

It costs 34.11 c / kWh and 4.87 c / kWh = 38.98 c / kWh

The 9.74 c / minute is a standing fee you start to pay after 240 minutes on AC or 60 minutes on DC.

Other Tariff is indeed for Maingau customers who use them for their home energy

So If I were to pull 26 kwh , that would be around 11-93% in my i3 then that would work out around 8.86. Not much cheaper to be honest and after 26 Kwh you'd be better off paying the 8 Euro per charge or did Ionity rise the prices I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭JohnC.

€8 is long gone. It’s 79c/kWh now. Basically double the Maingau price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So If I were to pull 26 kwh , that would be around 11-93% in my i3 then that would work out around 8.86. Not much cheaper to be honest and after 26 Kwh you'd be better off paying the 8 Euro per charge or did Ionity rise the prices I can't remember.
    There is no more 8 per charge.
    Chargepoint were the last holdout on this and its now gone too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, can't get it to accept my eircode even using the format xxx xxxx

Country is Irland.

Any tips?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Are you using the website or the app? It worked for me on the website but only when Google translate was off. I also entered all the characters in caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Lads, can't get it to accept my eircode even using the format xxx xxxx

Country is Irland.

Any tips?
    Use uppercase letters. I had to switch to uppercase, before it would accept mine (in the format XXX XXXX).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Got my Maingau card last week and looked in envelope today, what looks like free 20km or 20kW but can’t make head nor tails of how to claim it even after translating from German to English

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Got my Maingau card last week and looked in envelope today, what looks like free 20km or 20kW but can’t make head nor tails of how to claim it even after translating from German to English

Maybe post a picture of it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I speak German and did not get anything free with the card :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I got the same card

Use uppercase letters. I had to switch to uppercase, before it would accept mine (in the format XXX XXXX).

Thanks, tried upper and lower case - still won't accept.

Country is listed as Irland - that's right isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

Just got this myself today. It's a rewards card where you earn "Kilometres" by shopping through "&Charge" with their various partners.

Site says: One "Kilometer" is our currency for your mobility budget and has a value of 0,08€. Link your &Charge account with the account of your E-Mobility provider to redeem your Kilometers for your next charging session"

So it looks like you get €1.60 free charging credit (€0.08*20km) if you sign up to "&Charge" and link it to your Maingau account.

https://and-charge.com/#/howto

Redlim wrote: »
    Just got this myself today. It's a rewards card where you earn "Kilometres" by shopping through "&Charge" with their various partners.

Site says: One "Kilometer" is our currency for your mobility budget and has a value of 0,08€. Link your &Charge account with the account of your E-Mobility provider to redeem your Kilometers for your next charging session"

So it looks like you get €1.60 free charging credit (€0.08*20km) if you sign up to "&Charge" and link it to your Maingau account.

https://and-charge.com/#/howto

Weird redemption program but ill take it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

I set up an account today through the app. Added all my details and my card details. Is it as easy as that? I’m heading from Waterford to Carraroe Galway next Monday in a Hyundai Ioniq for a staycation. Will be handy to have the Ionity chargers as a back to the ecars network

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    I set up an account today through the app. Added all my details and my card details. Is it as easy as that? I’m heading from Waterford to Carraroe Galway next Monday in a Hyundai Ioniq for a staycation. Will be handy to have the Ionity chargers as a back to the ecars network

Worked for me at the weekend. Only difference was using sepa instead of card. Could start Ionity City North using the app, no rfid or QR scan.

Worked for me at the weekend. Only difference was using sepa instead of card. Could start Ionity City North using the app, no rfid or QR scan.

Was your eircode accepted ok, won't take mine in D18...

Was your eircode accepted ok, won't take mine in D18...

Yep. Did the whole thing through the app. No hassle or errors. Used caps and XXX XXXX format for Eircode. Are there any blank spaces elsewhere in your address?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Neleven

Also signed up today, using the website to upload details (and a dictionary for the trickier questions on the form) and checked it out using the app at Ionity Gorey to make sure all was in order: it was😀. Thanks for all the info - good to have an alternative to Ecars.
    Does it work with any providers other than Ionity?

• Advertisement

Yep. Did the whole thing through the app. No hassle or errors. Used caps and XXX XXXX format for Eircode. Are there any blank spaces elsewhere in your address?

Yep that's the only box with red error text coming up, will try on desktop just to create account.

Yep that's the only box with red error text coming up, will try on desktop just to create account.

That's odd. Good luck with it anyway. Very handy to have now that other providers have increased price.

Finally got the website to accept my postcode so a card os on the way, will probably give it a try in Cashel the week after next.

Trying to add a payment card in the app but but it isn't working, is there a trick to that?

Finally got the website to accept my postcode so a card os on the way, will probably give it a try in Cashel the week after next.

Trying to add a payment card in the app but but it isn't working, is there a trick to that?

Only a sepa here but it was straight forward and in the app too. Little bump so maybe somebody who used a card can share their experience.

523572.png

Bad News Lads .. Maingau has fallen.

From 1st September, Ionity goes up to 73,11 cent / kWh.

Looks like my Model 3 came just in time :pac:

Cheaper to use the Rex......

IF say the i3 averaged 16 Kwh/100 km that would = around 8 litres of Petrol to travel 100-130 Kms on the Rex costing 10.40 in Petrol vs 12.60 in electricity @ ionity.

Still, if I had a 60+ Kwh my trips to the chargers would be less than now and it's not that often I need them as it is so what's the big deal ?

Cheaper to use the Rex......

IF say the i3 averaged 16 Kwh/100 km that would = around 8 litres of Petrol to travel 100-130 Kms on the Rex costing 10.40 in Petrol vs 12.60 in electricity @ ionity.

Still, if I had a 60+ Kwh my trips to the chargers would be less than now and it's not that often I need them as it is so what's the big deal ?

No big deal for the odd summer use. It's been a pain in the hole signing up to many providers and one by one they whack up their price.

Would have cost me an extra €10 each way on a recent trip so not the end of the world, just a pain having no Ionity subscription available before the other providers increased prices.

No big deal for the odd summer use. It's been a pain in the hole signing up to many providers and one by one they whack up their price.

Would have cost me an extra €10 each way on a recent trip so not the end of the world, just a pain having no Ionity subscription available before the other providers increased prices.

Well that's a huge flaw anyway having to have multiple ways to pay for charging. Should be able to use one single app or card and that's it.

I didn't bother signing up for anything except Ionity. I used it a few times and it was handy so I don't mind paying 78 cent when I have 4 chargers to choose and no queues.

Well that's a huge flaw anyway having to have multiple ways to pay for charging. Should be able to use one single app or card and that's it.

I didn't bother signing up for anything except Ionity. I used it a few times and it was handy so I don't mind paying 9 cent when I have 4 chargers to choose and no queues.

It was great on the way back from the West 20 to 70% in no time, compared to ESB 50kW units. For people that need to use it regularly, on the continent for example, are somewhat let down by Ionity pulling back from being customer facing before the Ionity group cars are more widely available with subscription.

• Advertisement

It was great on the way back from the West 20 to 70% in no time, compared to ESB 50kW units. For people that need to use it regularly, on the continent for example, are somewhat let down by Ionity pulling back from being customer facing before the Ionity group cars are more widely available with subscription.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other as the i3 is limited to 50Kw I just go where I know there is more than 1 charger but I'm less inclined to use them these days anyway due to the cost + having the Rex is much more convenient Than having to wait 30-40 mins unless I have to stop anyway.

If I do stop I have the option to fill up in 8 seconds vs 30-40 min wait, not much thinking needed, it was different when the chargers were free, now I have to pay to wait 30 odd mins so there is much less of an advantage, in fact when away from home AC is much more of an advantage though a lot less these days with so many PHEV's around with tiny batteries constantly addicted to the network.

Advertisement