Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Look, he's standing on his own two legs and not a scratch on him. Definitely lucky, in my book. The chap driving, on the other hand, either took a turn or something malfunctioned in the minivan, it was still accelerating after it crashed.

New Home wrote: »
    Look, he's standing on his own two legs and not a scratch on him. Definitely lucky, in my book. The chap driving, on the other hand, either took a turn or something malfunctioned in the minivan, it was still accelerating after it crashed.
    There has been a worrying increase in these types of crashes where the "drive by wire" accelerator goes to state "1" full power and the driver having no control at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Look up "cruise control faults"... you'll never, ever, ever use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Esp dodgy in an automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Used it once about 15 years ago on a wet motorway. Lost control of the car and ended up spinning 90 degrees spread across the two lanes. At a busy time of day somehow there were no cars coming towards me. Never used it since and never will. I subsequently found out it is not advisable to use cruise control on wet roads. Car was aquaplaning and wheels looking for traction with the cruise control going into overdrive. My fault but surely there are so many warnings features in cars there be something standard in all cars about wet condition caution.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

comment_15890314151tR5hi7tluVcJlG4HTC4mh.jpg

Used it once about 15 years ago on a wet motorway. Lost control of the car and ended up spinning 90 degrees spread across the two lanes. At a busy time of day somehow there were no cars coming towards me. Never used it since and never will. I subsequently found out it is not advisable to use cruise control on wet roads. Car was aquaplaning and wheels looking for traction with the cruise control going into overdrive. My fault but surely there are so many warnings features in cars there be something standard in all cars about wet condition caution.

Then there's the part when they get stuck, you can't switch them off and you can't brake... there have been lots of cases (especially in the Middle East), but one of those that struck me the most was the story of a poor man in the UK who died when his car wouldn't stop and ended up under a lorry - he was decapitated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

"That's a twenty-footer!"

"Twenty-five. Three tons of him."

I'm not even going to guess at the size of the bird.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278859871471808512

Yeah, I don't think so. While very impressive, I doubt that shark is bigger than 5ft. Unless they were talking about the eagle's wingspan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Yeah, I don't think so. While very impressive, I doubt that shark is bigger than 5ft. Unless they were talkjng about the eagle's wingspan.

It ain’t even a shark..... it’s a mackerel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It ain’t even a shark..... it’s a mackerel

And the bird is an osprey. Which grow to 6ft wingspan.
    No idea where there the 25ft cam from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Mellor wrote: »
    And the bird is an osprey. Which grow to 6ft wingspan.
    No idea where there the 25ft cam from

It's a quote from Jaws.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Whatever about the video, the music is sh1te.

It's a quote from Jaws.

Thank you, Gaoth Laidir.

There are people in the world who haven't seen Jaws yet? 😲

I watched it back in the late '70s/ early '80s, what would make you think I'd remember all the lines?

I watched it back in the late '70s/ early '80s, what would make you think I'd remember all the lines?
    Well apart from "we're gonna need a bigger boat!" I can't remember any of the dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This was no boating accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That's some bad hat, Harry.

ThvtcQM_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

9971_619b.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

1624_ba06_500.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a quote from Jaws.

Funnily enough it reminded me of the shark size in jaws. I just didn’t recognise it as a direct quote.

The NY Times might want to put some ice on that burn.

kbBqXxNl.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

^^^^^
    I wouldnt hold my breath

Only last week they came with this one

EbhnqPjWkAcPD6C.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbhnqPjWkAcPD6C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

igP7IZ3.jpeg

That'd be a good one for the maps thread in AH.

Very sobering.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,267 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That'd be a good one for the maps thread in AH.

Very sobering.

That must be the opioid crisis then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It's done by U.S county. If you look at the worst counties on the 1999 map in the mid-west, they are almost all exclusively counties with large native american reservations. Sad to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There's another possibility, they only started to be documented as overdose from 2014 and onwards likely being documented as accidental suicide.

Advertisement