Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything to do for an injured crow?

Options
2»

Comments

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nope. It'll peck at the food on the ground but the mouth stays open and it can't get it. It's stuck that way for whatever reason.

Danzy above could be right with gapeworm but if the beak isn't moving at all I'd be inclined to lean toward some sort of injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

J. Marston wrote: »
    I noticed a crow with a broken beak who can't close its mouth in my garden for the past two days.

Throwing food out to it and it can't pick anything up but keeps trying. It's heartbreaking watching the poor fúcker.

Anything that can be done for it?
    Vet or animal shelter.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Any update, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,113 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any update, OP?

Threw some food out this morning and this afternoon but no sign of it today.

It should be able to drink water fine by scooping it but it definitely can't eat. I'll try to be positive and hope it might've fixed itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It was just acting to win your affection so you'd throw shiny things at it.

Cunning bastards, those crows.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 doodledoo2

Charlie19 wrote: »

That is the sweetest video:) I'd happily take in all three of them:o

A number of years ago I had a week where injured animals turned up in my way wherever I went. A baby pigeon landed on his head at my feet, I came across a cat with a broken back on a road, and found an underweight stray dog.
    A wildlife rescue place came out for the pigeon (who I brought to work and put in a box, thankfully they came that same day), local vet took the cat while I knocked on doors to find owners, and the dog I kept for a few weeks and then found a loving home for.
    I was afraid to go out for a while! But thankfully it didn't keep happening.

Hope the crow in the OP is all better.

Advertisement