Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Boards GS 1st Outing - Portmarnock Links - 22nd February 2020 - 11am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,600 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

considering the transient nature of the society, online payment would be more complex and needing more management than existing system . Unless supported by teamer .

People fairly clear now that no messing, so communication on issue probably gets you there .

people could offer to take turns to be first at club to collect money and get people away rather than falling to one person all the time.

If I can help at any outing let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

benny79 wrote: »
    People know that rules so if they mess up its on them. If they pay the green fee at next outing its no biggie. Its just they say they will and dont.. Not only does this eat into the kitty but could deny someone from playing in reserve on the big courses. Some of the lesser courses are ok with it.

Membership fees up front before Portmarnock would be ideal so you don't get lads taking advantage like they will join, get cheap green fee on premium course then not to be seen again till next biggie comes up .Just my rant out of the way..BTW can I pay on the drip..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Membership fees up front before Portmarnock would be ideal so you don't get lads taking advantage like they will join, get cheap green fee on premium course then not to be seen again till next biggie comes up .Just my rant out of the way..BTW can I pay on the drip..lol

Someone else, maybe, you, definitely not! Was going to ask for your green fees for every event up front in Portmarnock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

As far as I know Teamer can set up payment methods for us.
    Anyway, if everyone gets there early enough and pays Space for the event straight away it will take a lot of pressure off him. There’s a nice bit of organising to each event between taking payments, membership, doing cards etc.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    As far as I know Teamer can set up payment methods for us.
    Anyway, if everyone gets there early enough and pays Space for the event straight away it will take a lot of pressure off him. There’s a nice bit of organising to each event between taking payments, membership, doing cards etc.

Maybe teamer is a good idea so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭paulos53

I suspect that Teamer's fees are greater than the money lost due to no shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

paulos53 wrote: »
    I suspect that Teamer's fees are greater than the money lost due to no shows

It’s actually not too bad. 2.9% and 25 cents per transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭paulos53

Roughly that would work out as 30 Teamer transactions equals 1 green fee.

So it would depend on how often we have to pay out for extra green fees

It is beginning to sound like stick to the old paper and pen.

Up to captain at the end of the day , I think it was god to put things out in open.

Just seen a good bit of stress last year for a few people and it wasn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Can I request an early time please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jarrieta

Early time for me too space, my OH is away so I will need to go back home as soon as I finish, so no food for me either :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You need to make time for Model 3 viewings:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jarrieta

slave1 wrote: »
    You need to make time for Model 3 viewings:pac:

lol, sure, let's try to make it work, I'd say Cathal is also interested, maybe try to play together? Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Snackbox20

May I be added for food as well please?
    Thank you.

Just a quick update for all golfers.

Thanks to our inside man, GolfGraffix, we've managed to secure 2 extra tee slots, which brings our quota up to 44 slots available for the society. So, the tee times now run from 11-12.40.

As things stand, we currently have 45 accepted golfers on Teamer, so only one golfer sitting in the reserve queue. That person is, at the moment, TimGolfer.

As has been mentioned previously, if there are any users with a change in circumstances, can they please update as urgently as possible.

Thanks again to GolfGraffix, and looking forward to seeing all of the extra members out there on the day

**EDIT - UPDATE** Due to a slight circumstance change, Kiith has moved onto the reserve list & TimGolfer now has a slot on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Break80

I could take an early slot if possible
    Captain.
    Long drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Macker1

Thanks to our inside man, GolfGraffix, we've managed to secure 2 extra tee slots, which brings our quota up to 44 slots available for the society. So, the tee times now run from 11-12.40.

As things stand, we currently have 45 accepted golfers on Teamer, so only one golfer sitting in the reserve queue. That person is, at the moment, TimGolfer.

As has been mentioned previously, if there are any users with a change in circumstances, can they please update as urgently as possible.

Thanks again to GolfGraffix, and looking forward to seeing all of the extra members out there on the day

**EDIT - UPDATE** Due to a slight circumstance change, Kiith has moved onto the reserve list & TimGolfer now has a slot on the day

The prospective of 44 golfers playing on the day......That's a fantastic turnout and its great for the society to kick off the year in such fashion. Some amount of membership monies being paid in on the day I hope. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭willabur

An early slot would suit me perfect also if possible

Latest update
    • OffalyMedic has dropped out
    • Kiith comes back in as no 44
    • Gmur1894 now in as 1st Reserve
    • Benny79 - Start your Weather Dances early this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rossyd2005

Going to bite the bullet and join. Really looking forward to it after hearing good things from a couple of members. I am sending details to Seve OB now for Teamer add.
    I am happy to go on the wait list for Portmarknock as i would obviously love to play it. See you all out there!

• Advertisement

rossyd2005 wrote: »
    Going to bite the bullet and join. Really looking forward to it after hearing good things from a couple of members. I am sending details to Seve OB now for Teamer add.
    I am happy to go on the wait list for Portmarknock as i would obviously love to play it. See you all out there!

Cheers Rossyd, and welcome to the society. Once I see you up there on & accepted on Teamer, I'll add you in to the reserve list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I need a late time on the timesheet please captain.

Another update
    • SEORG has dropped out
    • Gmur1894 comes in as no 44

Will post the timesheet at the weekend/Monday morning at the latest, so if anyone else has a preference get it in ASAP.

And just to re-iterate, if you've had a change in circumstances, please let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭SEORG

Unfortunately too many dates go against me this year....Enjoy your year ahead space...It's a great society playing excellent courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

SORRY SPACE, I have to pull out something has come up

I know that you tubers are a love hate thing for golfers. But here is a you tube vlog . Lads very hungover and were blessed with the weather , but maybe worth a watch.

Imagine Golf Ireland paid them to do this. You tube is nuts.

Can people please arrive as early as they can possibly manage? Will be a bit more admin to cover off as its the first event of the year & numbers are high. A small reminder.

Membership €30
    Green Fee €55
    There will be a 2s competition on the day, with, strangely enough a buy in of €2

On the day there'll be the usual Stableford competition, as well as a Longest Drive & Nearest The Pin competition

Tee Time|Player 1|Player 2|Player 3|Player 4
    11:00|golfnut203|WGC|Break80|Iang87
    11:10|Scubapro|FixDePitchMark|Alanm|BigChap1759
    11:20|Kilth|jarrieta|Brian Rossiter|willabur
    11:30|Tigerwood1|Snackbox20|OS_Head|Golfhead65
    11:40|Kieran.|KevH1984|Rainbow Warrior|gypsy79
    11:50|A Post Punk|Benny79|Kingswood Rover|doublecross
    12:00|Ballyk|Slave1|Athlone99|Panic Stations
    12:10|Princess Poppy|Gmur1894|Ballyman|MorrisOriginal
    12:20|Seve OB|CharlieIRL|GolfGraffix|roadrunner
    12:30|The Big Easy|Paulos53|TimGolfer|woodyg
    12:40|spacecoyote|pakman|Lord Derpington|thelostboys23
    Reserve List|rossyd2005

Where people have requested specific times, I've looked to accommodate. Otherwise, I've tried my best to balance a mix of Old & New members & handicap ranges.
    Any major issues with a time, please let me know asap, and again, please let us know about any changes of circumstances.

For those looking to hit some full length shots before their round, Kinsealy Driving Range (http://kinsealy-grange.com/) is about a 6-7 minute drive from the course

• Registered Users Posts: 15,774 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

well done and thank you Space, I know it ain't easy trying to juggle and cater for everyone's demands to organise the time sheets

i'll get the cards together at the end and do up the scores, so if someone ahead of me can gather them till i get in it would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭a post punk

Thanks Space,you will have a busy morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

time to start praying to all the weather gods

Advertisement