Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Early #FFA1

Isla(/Doris) - My instinct is that if Doris is good, it's horrific gameplay to zero in so harshly on a player (because it could potentially lead to a landslide from which we can't do any wagonomics tonight). There's 100% something going on here, and I'm not really sure what. My best case scenario right now though is we hang Isla and use that info to further examine Doris' behavior. If Isla flips good, there'd have to be questions asked about why there was a railroading. If Isla flips bad, it really benefits Doris massively.

Brendan - "Whats a munch" is nearly overly simplistic naïve, and then starts talking about "previous surprises". There's being caught telling a lie, and then there's nearly deliberately attempting to be caught though.

Derry - I'm a tad worried that we spent all morning talking about something that didn't need a fraction of the scrutiny it got, and I think Derry drove that. But that is the most easily explainable of the three I'm putting here.

In order of preference, it's really Isla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brendan >>>> Derry, and I'd not be at all surprised if Derry's was just overly focusing on something. High chance Derry falls off this by lynch time in favour of someone else.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Being online or not online is not the issue, it's the quality of the postings for when you are online are not helping your cause. You're 3rd in line for the noose now. Plenty of time to convince me otherwise.

Fair enough.

I revert to my first post this morning though. We have nothing to go on except random finger pointing at the minute. And whilst that might help to rattle a few cages it does actually give us anything concrete

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Yeh, maybe, unless the wolf had a set amount of kills like a Vig ? Meh, maybe your right, its just funny wording cause it literally repeats itself twice . .

Even if they had just 3 kills, that’s a quarter of the game killed by the wolves!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Fair enough.

I revert to my first post this morning though. We have nothing to go on except random finger pointing at the minute. And whilst that might help to rattle a few cages it does actually give us anything concrete

It's D1 - its always just random finger pointing!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Even if they had just 3 kills, that’s a quarter of the game killed by the wolves!

Maybe but it makes our bomb squad role more important. .

My concern would be if our bomb expert is reading this and they think they only need find the SK. If they by chance found them they might come out on thread (if they think their power is effectively worthless once they find SK). Although they would have a potential protection with our Jailbreaker. Doesn't say he cant protect the same person more then one night . .

• Advertisement

Derry - I'm a tad worried that we spent all morning talking about something that didn't need a fraction of the scrutiny it got, and I think Derry drove that. But that is the most easily explainable of the three I'm putting here.

That's fair. .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I was certain I'd be the first to get caught out haha

This post was brought to you courtesy of Orla WW. Posted by the mods who would like to remind players of Rule 6

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Fair enough.

What was your first post about? I forget, maybe you could remind me.

There is plenty to go on, there is over 300 posts to go on.

Can you elaborate on the finger pointing that you have observed, I haven't noticed any finger pointing, so since that seems to be your skill, maybe you could write out who is fingering who and what that means.

Who is in the cages that are being rattled, and who is doing the rattling, please show your notes on these incidents.

If you wait around until after the auto-priest posts, there will be lots of concrete stuff, but we need to act before concrete has time to set.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Maybe but it makes our bomb squad role more important. .

My concern would be if our bomb expert is reading this and they think they only need find the SK. If they by chance found them they might come out on thread (if they think their power is effectively worthless once they find SK). Although they would have a potential protection with our Jailbreaker. Doesn't say he cant protect the same person more then one night . .

Have you forgotten post #66 already?

Riona WW wrote: »
    Have you forgotten post #66 already?

Oh yeh, I need a break . . And probably a nap . .

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Won't be on for a couple of hours, and when I get back it will likely be pre-lynch madness. I'll try and do some work later on higher posters if I get time.

#FFA1

1. Phil. I know he only has 5 posts but the 180 on Doris is under my skin.
    2. Holly. She seems to be following a lot but only posting a little. Sorry Holls, 'cos I like the posts you've made, but I'd like to see more given that you seem to be reading along.
    3. Isla/Doris. I don't see these on the same team. But then if Phil flips red, I can't see Doris being red as they've been Phil's practically only interaction. I'd like if Doris could set out something about why she's so convinced on Isla. I'm leaving this here but hope to get a chance to look at other people this evening and this might change.

I hate day 1 lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Early #FFA1

Isla(/Doris) - My instinct is that if Doris is good, it's horrific gameplay to zero in so harshly on a player (because it could potentially lead to a landslide from which we can't do any wagonomics tonight). There's 100% something going on here, and I'm not really sure what. My best case scenario right now though is we hang Isla and use that info to further examine Doris' behavior. If Isla flips good, there'd have to be questions asked about why there was a railroading. If Isla flips bad, it really benefits Doris massively

Yep I'm happy with this and happy to fall on my sword if I'm wrong too (but I'm not) :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Dammit!

Was trying to come up with a day1 FFA as I always intend to put them in every day if I can but the two slips have made me unsure of 2 of the names on my list. 1 is infamous for going down rabbit holes and could have been there for kind of doing just that and distracting the village earlier with reasons that someone wasn't killed meanwhile the other (Orla) I thought may have been tasking but now see it's a poster that tends to post in code style posts anyway. Kind of back to square one now

Brendan referencing previous games they played in but not knowing what amunch is does stand out still though.

Riona WW wrote: »
    so since that seems to be your skill, maybe you could write out who is fingering who and what that means.

Disgusted-Reaction.gif

Early #FFA1

Isla(/Doris) - My instinct is that if Doris is good, it's horrific gameplay to zero in so harshly on a player (because it could potentially lead to a landslide from which we can't do any wagonomics tonight). There's 100% something going on here, and I'm not really sure what. My best case scenario right now though is we hang Isla and use that info to further examine Doris' behavior. If Isla flips good, there'd have to be questions asked about why there was a railroading. If Isla flips bad, it really benefits Doris massively.

I don't mind people like Doris poking others and looking for a response but if you are worried about a landslide why are you placing Isla no.1 on an FFA? Is there anything actually wolfy about her in your opinion?

I worry we could easily kill a villager and then another villager who was just rustling jimmies (is that actually a phrase or did I imagine that) by following this logic and don't really like people putting people on FFAs if they don't personally think they are more likely to be wolves than others.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Won't be on for a couple of hours, and when I get back it will likely be pre-lynch madness. I'll try and do some work later on higher posters if I get time.

#FFA1

1. Phil. I know he only has 5 posts but the 180 on Doris is under my skin.
    2. Holly. She seems to be following a lot but only posting a little. Sorry Holls, 'cos I like the posts you've made, but I'd like to see more given that you seem to be reading along.
    3. Isla/Doris. I don't see these on the same team. But then if Phil flips red, I can't see Doris being red as they've been Phil's practically only interaction. I'd like if Doris could set out something about why she's so convinced on Isla. I'm leaving this here but hope to get a chance to look at other people this evening and this might change.

I hate day 1 lynch.

Me too, day 1 Lynch is horrible cause in many cases its a very flimsy lynch on an innocent party . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yep I'm happy with this and happy to fall on my sword if I'm wrong too (but I'm not) :)

But you are wrong, Doris. I don’t know why you are so sure that I’m a wolf but your “information” is wrong.

Listen, I’ll return as good which means tomorrow is going to be focused on you. If you’re good, I’m good, the morning munch is good and SK target is good then we’re in the sh1t. Doesn’t matter that there was no kill this morning. You’re prepared to reduce the chances of winning for the village based off **** all.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Modulator Announcement:

Someone has survived an attack.

Semper Fight.

What does Semper fight mean?
    Semper is Latin for always, always fight doesn’t make a lot of sense?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I don't mind people like Doris poking others and looking for a response but if you are worried about a landslide why are you placing Isla no.1 on an FFA? Is there anything actually wolfy about her in your opinion?

I worry we could easily kill a villager and then another villager who was just rustling jimmies (is that actually a phrase or did I imagine that) by following this logic and don't really like people putting people on FFAs if they don't personally think they are more likely to be wolves than others.

I'd worry about it, sure. Which is why I made sure to put two other names on my FFA as well, and would be thrilled to see everyone do similar. At least if everyone has three names FFA'd, we'd have info. Isla hasn't done much to defend themselves today, despite being pushed out as an early front runner. No one has done much I'd massively consider overtly wolfy though. But Doris is providing the possibility of a data point for tomorrow. A random lynch possibly leaves us with no further information after it.

If Isla flipped villager though, I'd be seriously wondering why Doris went in so hard on Isla. Like, on Day One, I'd usually not have huge reads on people, and by evening, maybe have suspicions. Doris was 100% set from the off.

Doris, if you are rustling jimmies, fair enough but my take is you aren't?

(I'm also noting down that if Isla flips good, then it was Vernon that possibly started the backtracking on Doris' behalf.)

Isla WW wrote: »
    But you are wrong, Doris. I don’t know why you are so sure that I’m a wolf but your “information” is wrong.

Listen, I’ll return as good which means tomorrow is going to be focused on you. If you’re good, I’m good, the morning munch is good and SK target is good then we’re in the sh1t. Doesn’t matter that there was no kill this morning. You’re prepared to reduce the chances of winning for the village based off **** all.

Ooooh triggered... Swearing... the last stage of acceptance by an outted wolf.

Isla right now.
    th?id=OIP.9SAqOUeSx6YfeS4cxT9SQgHaEK&pid=Api&rs=1

• Advertisement

What does Semper fight mean?
    Semper is Latin for always, always fight doesn’t make a lot of sense?

Typed it into google, a few results down is an expendables link. They have it on their merch.

One of their slogans and tbh Always fight / fight forever suits the older guys who just keep getting involved in crazy fights like them.

Cheers

What you mean not defending myself. I have interacted with my accuser all day.

Funny how some of you have just gone along with Doris’ hunch without any thoughts of your own.

I'd worry about it, sure. Which is why I made sure to put two other names on my FFA as well, and would be thrilled to see everyone do similar. At least if everyone has three names FFA'd, we'd have info. Isla hasn't done much to defend themselves today, despite being pushed out as an early front runner. No one has done much I'd massively consider overtly wolfy though. But Doris is providing the possibility of a data point for tomorrow. A random lynch possibly leaves us with no further information after it.

If Isla flipped villager though, I'd be seriously wondering why Doris went in so hard on Isla. Like, on Day One, I'd usually not have huge reads on people, and by evening, maybe have suspicions. Doris was 100% set from the off.

Doris, if you are rustling jimmies, fair enough but my take is you aren't?

(I'm also noting down that if Isla flips good, then it was Vernon that possibly started the backtracking on Doris' behalf.)

I honestly feel like you are pushing the her as front runner narrative more than anyone else.

Doris has been poking that bear hard but I haven't seen loads of others jumping in and agreeing with the logic and putting pressure on Isla.

I'm not doing anything on Doris's behalf - I'm questioning you and your narrative of why we could kill someone you have not even said you think is wolfy for any particular reason beyond Doris going after them.

Have fun noting stuff down though.

----

#FFA1

1.Brendan: is the new player... actually no.. talk of previous games despite not knowing what a munch is? weird (good catch Derry)

2.Gertrude: Isla top of her FFA simply because Doris is after her strong. Then suggests that if she flips good we could go after Doris. A wolf trying to tie up the village maybe instead of putting forward a name of someone wolfy

3. Orla - tbh this is the one that will probably change im just not a fan of Orla's style of posting in code. Do that and I'l think your tasking

Isla WW wrote: »
    What you mean not defending myself. I have interacted with my accuser all day.

Funny how some of you have just gone along with Doris’ hunch without any thoughts of your own.

Happy to engage Isla.

IF you hang tonight, and you flip good (as you'll obviously claim you will), what happens next, do you reckon?

Whats the benefit from Doris' point of view for going in so hard all day on you? Short term would presumably be clear, but long term?

Happy to engage Isla.

IF you hang tonight, and you flip good (as you'll obviously claim you will), what happens next, do you reckon?

Whats the benefit from Doris' point of view for going in so hard all day on you? Short term would presumably be clear, but long term?

I have no idea.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Can someone enlighten me on why Isla is suspicious, nothing jumping out on my reread so far (only up to this morning so far) Doris first to accuse her and a few more have dived in the last few hours. Enlighten me people

From my notes so far Phil, Jake and Liam are down for ISOs although feeling they aren't gonna be particularly long

FWIW I don’t think either Isla or Doris are wolves, I don’t think Doris has info on Isla like she is alluding to. In fact if Doris is who I think she is they have previous of being CERTAIN! I don’t think that makes Doris a wolf either though
    Isla has been here all day standing her ground, I respect that and it would lead me to believe they’re village

Brendan’s munch question stinks in light of his later comment

FWIW I don’t think either Isla or Doris are wolves, I don’t think Doris has info on Isla like she is alluding to. In fact if Doris is who I think she is they have previous of being CERTAIN! I don’t think that makes Doris a wolf either though
    Isla has been here all day standing her ground, I respect that and it would lead me to believe they’re village

Brendan’s munch question stinks in light of his later comment

Standing her ground? Her defence is weaker than Arsenal's. She started her defence initially with WHATEVA. Come on, she was caught no the hop and she is showing it, she needs to hang.

• Advertisement

The wolves know they targeted me for death and I survived.

I have been rolling around reasons not to say something and reasons to let the village know.

The jail keeper put me in protective custody last night.

I am in no risk of being lynched, so that is not a motive for me coming out now.

I am not the jail keeper, and the jail keeper does not need to verify this. Thanks for the protect.

The next person who is jailed can verify that i'd know what I know.

Hopefully this info may help somebody.

Advertisement