Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld LOI 2019 pt 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

13 minutes in, next goal key... Bohs have goals in them just not needing to concede next.

Now 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Jesus christ why do we have this clown reffing us. Any other country and Harvey would at least be demoted to assistant for the foreseeable future

What’s happening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads we don't need live commentary of the game, there's a million applications that'll do that for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Anyone got a running river for the Dundalk game???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

14 minute hat trick wow

And half time beckons and 4-0 down, mighty

Anyone got a running river for the Dundalk game???

Running river or waterfall of misery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Commentary is on extratime.

Bohs scored 8 in the 2nd half last Friday so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Connor Ellis has signed for local Limerick junior team Ballananty Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some goals by Jack Byrne this evening.

He's far too good for that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Ye McCabe has come on since becoming No.1, still not 100% on him but he is proving himself. Some turnabout since he had a bad shoulder injury at the start of the year which could have seen him not signing for us.

LOL at all the Longford BS rumours.... between being ejected from Valetine's, to smashing up a pool table, to causing nearly €4k worth of damage to a petrol station.... Granted all the rumours seem to stem from one lad on Twitter - bitter chap. Can also safely say, I didn't see anyone smash a seat purposely and I was right in the middle of the crowd - after the goals there was chaos - no malice in it.

Yeah he was good alright the other night, at times shels just seemed to bully us, we are missing an absolute bastard in the team, and it shows in games like these...

To be honest it annoys the rest of us when the few go on about that sh*té as well, ye only have to hear them for the 3/4 games ye play us all season, we have to listen to them all year round, it's embarrassing!

I couldn't give a ****e what happened away from the ground, pay no attention to it whats so ever, one of the pubs that a rumour about being smashed up wouldn't be the friendliest pub in the world, if it was roughed up a bit id wish the people doing it all the best, there would be a few slash hooks and lots of shouts of "boss" ringing around in the ensuing melee...

The seats in the ground were obviously young lads excited/pissed on an away day, it happens and its gona happen again and we have all been there, I was merely saying that the fai and guards had asked the photographer to take photos and especially of the broken seat thrown onto the pitch after the first goal, that's the one might get ye a big fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

some response from Dundalk after the european ties.

• Advertisement

5 good fûck, supporting Bohs has just always been such a roller coasters of disappointment..something brilliant happening is usually followed by a clusterfûck of shîtness , no change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Trust Bohs to score 10 and 3 days later concede 5 with more goals looking likely glad I’ve boycotted that place!!

D14Rugby wrote: »

Probably getting paid more than he would with some first division team. Daly Group that were meant to be backing Limerick until POS pulled a POS are involved with Ballananty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

No updates or reporting of scores for our domestic games tonight on the rte app. They are happily updating united\wolves though....idiots.

Forza app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Collie O'Neill sacked by UCD it seems, sad that the 10-1 will be his last game in charge for them. Big fan of him and hopefully will be back in the league soon

There was obviously friction between him and the board when the board went over his head and gave Kearns their own one game suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Alaric Great Steak

wadacrack wrote: »
    Collie O'Neill sacked by UCD it seems, sad that the 10-1 will be his last game in charge for them. Big fan of him and hopefully will be back in the league soon

Cork maybe...but would he give up his day job though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Cork maybe...but would he give up his day job though

For me, he was starting to show signs of cracking under the pressure at UCD, and of you can't deal with pressure at that club then where can you?

For me, he was starting to show signs of cracking under the pressure at UCD, and of you can't deal with pressure at that club then where can you?

I think you're alone in thinking that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There was obviously friction between him and the board when the board went over his head and gave Kearns their own one game suspension.

This actually happened? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wtf???!

Zebra3 wrote: »
    This actually happened? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wtf???!

Yeah. Kearns was banned by the FAI for the Rovers game but the additional games didn't start until after the Waterford game but the board at UCD decided to ban him for it themselves despite Collies wishes and they lost 1-2 and you have to think that their first choice keeper that's a mile ahead of their backups could have won them that game. When I found out about it I said to my mate if I were Collie I'd have walked at that and I hope that's what's happened now and not that he got sacked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent weekend for Rovers, two away wins up and down the country. Players rested tonight, goals for Greene, more minutes for Burke and two great goals from Byrne.

Finn was especially good considering he wasn't rested.

Bradley not pulling any punches regarding Dan Carr:

https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/1163566767802896385?s=19
    "He just didn’t fit where we were going as a club," the Rovers manager said. "When representatives tell you that maybe his heart is not in playing for Shamrock Rovers, he’s not the right fit for you.

"People maybe think we needed to sell but we didn’t like what we heard, this club and this team and what we’re doing and what we’re building is bigger than any individual.

"If people don’t want to be part of it, no problem, we’ll shake their hand and let them walk away. That was the case with Dan.

"You don’t want people who are in the mindset of not being with the team and not being in the group.

"This club is a special club and it’s bigger than any one individual and unfortunately, that individual just felt he was a little bit bigger than us."

• Advertisement

Probably getting paid more than he would with some first division team. Daly Group that were meant to be backing Limerick until POS pulled a POS are involved with Ballananty.
    I doubt it's a long term thing. Would imagine he'd either be back with Limerick next season or elsewhere and this is just a stop-gap.

My hopes are the Daly Group are planning on going around POS, won't be hard anyway given how the club is currently being run and apply for their own licence. Other than that I can't see why Ellis would hang around in Limerick, must be nearly two months since he left the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Omackeral wrote: »
    Going up there tonight. Can't wait for the away end. A real throwback to the Yugoslavian 3rd Tier circa 1980.

Hope it doesn't rain!
    Don’t you need rain for the full Oriel Park away experience?

dfx- wrote: »
    Oriel was modelled on the aftermath of the Red Star v Dinamo Zagreb riot in 1990.
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Thought it was Chernobyl.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Easy win for Dundalk tonight.

Is the treble on for them this year?

I know we can play a part in stopping them, but honestly can't see us beating them in either cup tie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Absolute joke of a decision to sack him. This is the guy who, against all odds, got us through the first round of the Europa League (only two Irish teams won their first tie in Europe that year) and got us promoted as champions with a ridiculously young team last season.
    This season was difficult but we were generally competitive only for all our best players to be let go. Then we get 7 points from a possible 9 and they go and ban Kearns themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

joeysoap wrote: »
    People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. :pac:

On the bright side, they could leave after 14 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Anybody know the attendance of Bohs vs UCD on Friday night?

If it interests anyone, myself and another guy keep tabs on every facet and stat of Bohs season. There's another fella that does it for Pats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Bohemian_F.C._season#League_of_Ireland

Only seeing this now. Keep us the good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wexford listed as Wexford Youths on Soccer Republic....

We've told them a million times, they don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Plot doesn't really thicken. Bradley has sounded bitter in every interview about it. Carr isn't even from Ireland. He has no ties here. Bradley seems to resent that he would want to leave for a bigger club offering him better wages and a great lifestyle. It's odd. He'd have jumped at the chance himself 10 years ago if it was on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

How Bradley spoofed his way to the Rovers job I’ll never know. His performances as manager have been mediocre. Doing well to still be in the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

PhilipsR wrote: »
    How Bradley spoofed his way to the Rovers job I’ll never know. His performances as manager have been mediocre. Doing well to still be in the job.

Second in the league to a very good Dundalk side. Got through one round of Europe. Won 3 of the 4 games. I'd say it's going alright. I'm glad we stuck with a manager for a period of time instead of being reactionary and sacking, perhaps prematurely, another manager as we had done prior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

PhilipsR wrote: »

I've never been a big fan, but I have to give him credit this season. He has done fairly well domestically and they were our best side in Europe this season as well.

The way he's acting now isn't all that surprising. He loves listening to himself talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Bradley putting his foot in his mouth again, why he thinks nobody will come back and correct him I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Anybody know the attendance of Bohs vs UCD on Friday night?

If it interests anyone, myself and another guy keep tabs on every facet and stat of Bohs season. There's another fella that does it for Pats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Bohemian_F.C._season#League_of_Ireland

Don’t know if you are interested in away match attendances. Extratime have an estimate of 1500 for last nights attendance. It appeared much larger to me. The stand was fairly full. Away end well packed, and there’s the shed and home end. I’d guess closer to 2500.

Going up there tonight. Can't wait for the away end. A real throwback to the Yugoslavian 3rd Tier circa 1980.

Leaving the result aside I hope it wasn’t all bad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bradley putting his foot in his mouth again, why he thinks nobody will come back and correct him I don't know.

Both can be right. Bradley can be commenting on the agent's comments and Carr can rightly refute it.

The speed with which the move happened indicates something was said and he was playing and scoring well recently, it's not as if it's a culmination of a long term wish to go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Home draw for Derry in the league cup. Think we'll need every advantage we can get against Dundalk. Match kicks off at 8pm on Saturday 14th Sep. Institute have their match against Larne at 3pm, think it will be the first time there'll be two matches in a row at the Brandywell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

irish_goat wrote: »
    Home draw for Derry in the league cup. Think we'll need every advantage we can get against Dundalk. Match kicks off at 8pm on Saturday 14th Sep. Institute have their match against Larne at 3pm, think it will be the first time there'll be two matches in a row at the Brandywell.

Pity the game is at 8pm on the Sat. evening and not on the Sunday at 3. But then again we dont have to understand the decisions of the FAI. One can only assume Institute are paying more for the use of the ground!!! :D:D

Whats the story with security around the ground??? Any mention of your local police force coming out in force to protect away fans. Can only imagine the young lads on the drink all day will have a field day if Derry dont win. Bus companies from around Louth refusing to drive to it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Pity the game is at 8pm on the Sat. evening and not on the Sunday at 3. But then again we dont have to understand the decisions of the FAI. One can only assume Institute are paying more for the use of the ground!!! :D:D

We had the game against Cobh last year on the Sunday so not sure why it wasn't done the same this time. Could end up being a very late night if it goes on to penalties.
    Whats the story with security around the ground??? Any mention of your local police force coming out in force to protect away fans. Can only imagine the young lads on the drink all day will have a field day if Derry dont win. Bus companies from around Louth refusing to drive to it.

No cops around the Brandywell, usually no need for them. There's been a bit of bother with Rovers fans in recent years but these are the ones who arrange to fight some local hoods. Buses stoned before was down on the Foyle Road, I believe the cops now keep an eye on the hotspots down there.

Dundalk fans complaining about the scheduling of the League Cup Final, a lot of clubs would love to be in their position.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement