Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    29 minutes for the first set from nadal.

He spent 25 minutes of that serving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nadal needs to take some drugs for hair, and have a hair transplant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

The amount of absolute chumps the Big 3 are facing is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Nadal needs to take some drugs for hair, and have a hair transplant.

He's already had one. The hair transplant, I mean ;)
    Chivito550 wrote: »

Welcome to the ATP World Tour.

Serena's gotten quite lucky, got to avoid Kerber in the 4th round and now avoids Barty in the QF's.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s been poor at times. I mean the big3 can only play who the other side of the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sousa has no business in a second week of a slam, but WTF was Suarez doing there?:D

Small bet on Riske pre as she is a grass beast,...before someone says after timing,,lets just say I won't exactly be retiring on the winnings. :p

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Sousa has no business in a second week of a slam, but WTF was Suarez doing there?:D

Small bet on Riske pre as she is a grass beast,...before someone says after timing,,lets just say I won't exactly be retiring on the winnings. :p

I like Carla, but she turns into a meek little mouse every time she plays Serena. Like Gasquet against one of the big three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Just give it to Nadal, seriously.
    Can see him winning 6/8 next slams.
    His dominance in the game is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I like Carla, but she turns into a meek little mouse every time she plays Serena. Like Gasquet against one of the big three.

She just does not have the weapons to hurt her,,,maybe clay but even then Serena would need to be off.

Small bets on Muchova and Gauff now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

How would you not crack up playing against Nadal? Painfully slow on the serve, with his OCD routine.

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    How would you not crack up playing against Nadal? Painfully slow on the serve, with his OCD routine.

a disgrace to the game, and will be around for at least another decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He hasnt won wimbledon since what....2010?
    I wouldnt count Djokovic or Federer out at all

Well that was a nice stroll for nadal. He probably had a harder test in practice this morning.

a disgrace to the game, and will be around for at least another decade.
    His time wasting is horrible.
    But I really doubt he will be around that long...he is 33 now. Plus his game is generally so based around power and intensity he will do well to be at top when he gets to 37/38 IMO.

gmisk wrote: »
    His time wasting is horrible.
    But I really doubt he will be around that long...he is 33 now. Plus his game is generally so based around power and intensity he will do well to be at top when he gets to 37/38 IMO.

:D:D

This has been said about Nadal since he was 24 .... "His body is way older then his age cos of his physical game, he won't be around for long "

Glad I got money on him at 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,020 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Unfortunate call/overrule in the Gauff match, leading to her dropping serve.

Hope it hasn't rattled her too much. She did well to come straight back from a break in the first game with a break back, not sure she'll do that again this time.....

This has been said about Nadal since he was 24 .... "His body is way older then his age cos of his physical game, he won't be around for long "

Glad I got money on him at 7/1
    I didnt say that I just said I cant see him being quite on top of the world at 37/38, certainly not as competitive at wimbledon as Federer is now.
    7/1 was an excellent bet.

gmisk wrote: »
    I didnt say that I just said I cant see him being quite on top of the world at 37/38, certainly not as competitive at wimbledon as Federer is now.
    7/1 was an excellent bet.

I got him each way at 7/1.

He won’t beat Djokovic though. And he has to get past Federer too. 7/1 are nice odds though in a 3 horse race.

Free advertising for the dads bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Who's the lady commentating the coco match on bbc2?

• Advertisement

Who's the lady commentating the coco match on bbc2?
    Tracey Austin it sounds like.

Way out. With one left and you use it there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭sxt

There are a number people who say this every year this thread opens.that you may as well give him the title now, or that he got a a lucky draw or other nonsense

Even though Tha facts are he hasn't won here this since 2010, he doesn't get lucky draws here.

I'm convinced it just people that don't want federers record beaten

Djkovic is going to win 25 slams, so you should be more concerned with him.

I got him each way at 7/1.

He won’t beat Djokovic though. And he has to get past Federer too. 7/1 are nice odds though in a 3 horse race.

I agree that Djokovic would be favourite to beat him - but someone is gonna do Nadal a solid favour and beat him for him.

Then he will be destroyed 3-0 by Nadal.
    Like said before , Nadal needs to worry about Djokovic - but Djokovic needs to worry about everyone else.

I agree that Djokovic would be favourite to beat him - but someone is gonna do Nadal a solid favour and beat him for him.

Like said before , Nadal needs to worry about Djokovic - but Djokovic needs to worry about everyone else.

Nobody on Djokovic’s half of the draw will take a set off Djokovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,350 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

sxt wrote: »

There are a number people who say this every year this thread opens.that you may as well give him the title now, or that he got a a lucky draw or other nonsense

Even though Tha facts are he hasn't won here this since 2010, he doesn't get lucky draws here.

I'm convinced it just people that don't want federers record beaten

Djkovic is going to win 25 slams, so you should be more concerned with him.

At least djoko does it across a good spread of surfaces ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭sxt

Djkovic has won 3 of the last 5 wimbeldons, 8 of the last 10 grand slams? He has the easier draw, whilst Nadal and Federer will pull lumps out of each other in the other semi final. Who will be worrying him?

Nobody on Djokovic’s half of the draw will take a set off Djokovic.

He's already dropped a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭PressRun

Sad to see Gauff gone but she probably went as far as she can go at this age. Absolutely buckets of potential there if she is managed correctly and kept grounded.

Have to say, I don't love Halep's style. Great defensive play, but more concerned about not losing than actually winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Guaff out without a real fight. In a losing position and playing '' poor me'' rather than actually fighting to win. Black players play with a chip on their shoulder, if nothing is going their way it's everyone else's fault. The Serena Syndrome

Advertisement