Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon repair

Options
  • 28-05-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Had a slipped chain over the weekend and it seems to have dug into the carbon around the bottom bracket. It's quite deep - can't attach pics. I had a repair there around 2 years ago due to a similar issue and I'm just wondering are there any recommendations on places/people to fix it. I'm in Clare, brought bike to Dublin last time but hoping to avoid that this time. Recommendations welcome!! On a similar note - if anyone knows of any XL di2 frames going cheap let me know 😬

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Not a repair recommendation but to avoid this problem why not fit a Chain Catcher such as https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/lifeline-chain-catcher-double-2017/rp-prod175576
    I have one on both of my carbon bikes and never had a dropped chain in the last 6 years and over 40,000km.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

Thanks for the advice. Someone suggested similar the first time it happened, can't remember what happened when I went to purchase but typically it never got purchased. I live and learn....twice.... hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

A family member has sent his Carbon bike to AOR Surfboards in kerry for some minor repairs. If your in no rush I can wait till the bike comes back and see what kinda quality the finish is. Plenty of shapers and board repair guys in clare so maybe one of them have started it too

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

That would be great. Thanks

Advertisement