Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Esker Hills GC May 18th 11.30am

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

For the worldwide handicap thing, I know that it is closer to the US model. In the US they will include casual golf for handicap purposes as far as I know.

Assume that this wont be the case here, only qualifying comps?

the thing is we are just not sure yet.
    AFAIK, I think we will be able to declare the round before going out, but nothing definite yet.

anyway that's just dragging the thread OT so lets discuss it another day when there is more news about how it will work

Sorry for delay guys in getting these posted, have had a lot on personally over the last week or so

481270.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Seve OB wrote: »
    481270.jpg

Hey Steve. I was playing off 22 that day. Due to my GUI being cut the day before. So my boards handicap is probably 19.5 now instead of 20.5.

OS_Head wrote: »
    Hey Steve. I was playing off 22 that day. Due to my GUI being cut the day before. So my boards handicap is probably 19.5 now instead of 20.5.
    what is your exact gui now?

Seve OB wrote: »
    what is your exact gui now?

Got another cut at the end of last week. So my exact GUI is currently 19.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

Would that be a bit fool hardy with no css and from very forward tees at a society outing ?

What would sec do ?

All scores from society outings are supposed to be sent back to clubs for HC Sec to review.

https://www.golfnet.ie/SiteAssets/Lists/News%20Listing/AllItems/KEY%20POINTS%20FOR%20HANDICAP%20COMMITTEE%20%20Revised%202019%20C.pdf

8 (b)Non Qualifying Scores.-4 Balls/ Scrambles/Classics/Societies–Relevant clauses are at (4.5(b), page23),(8.10 + 8.12, page28),(23.7 IrelandNote-page55).Direction from Union to report NQ Scores for immediate consideration/action for General Play Adjustment(Except Category 1 players).NB: In Ireland Players and Clubsmustreport Non-Qualifying scores to Home Clubs-see 8.12page28.GPA adjustment based on Nett Diff, with Clause 19 adjustment if necessaary and SSS. This is a GPA and cannot take effect until the player is notified personally-agreed method, 23.5page53). Players who fail to comply with their obligations or responsibilities may be dealt with under Clause 24.1 page59.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

That's a bit crazy

Societies play from daft tees . Don't have a relevant quorum of golfers for calculation purposes.
    One society I'm in has handicaps of 36, guys that don't play golf and a drop rule not even in R&A rules , but R&A kind of using it now :D

You can give a card from a society if you can get it. But not sure what a secretary could do with it without more data from the competition.

You'd be a right plonker going around asking what your net differential was to a society captain . As he drinks his fifth pint and regales about his 9 on the short par 3 and his night out in vilamoura the night before.

So anyway . Nobody does it, or if they do, they need to forget about it for the sanity of all involved including themselves.

I asked the Pro in Elmgreen and he could not see any way an exceptional score in Society play, could be used to calculate a GUI handicap. Without a CSS, calculations cannot be made. But he did refer me on to the guy who looks after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

OS_Head wrote: »
    I asked the Pro in Elmgreen and he could not see any way an exceptional score in Society play, could be used to calculate a GUI handicap. Without a CSS, calculations cannot be made. But he did refer me on to the guy who looks after it.

Good stuff and congrats on fast drops.

Did you ever have a GUI handicap before .

Savage front 9 ?

Just round of life ?

Good stuff and congrats on fast drops.

Did you ever have a GUI handicap before .

Savage front 9 ?

Just round of life ?

Fast drops??? Don't know what that means... No just got my handicap around a day before Portmarnock. Thanks, don't remember much about first 9. Except mostly the tee shots and nothing seemed too difficult or out of range. First time I ever felt like that on a course. Scratched the 10th though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have gotten cuts from societies before.

Outside our pro shop as a sheet where players can enter their scores ( its an official GUI sheet ) - You enter your name, gui number, handicap, score you had, SSS (standard scratch score), CSS[If known]

Obviously there would be no CSS as its not an official competition, but on every card for every course that is setup by the club, there should be an SSS and that SSS should be printed on the card. The SSS might be 39 points or something off the greens, but that should still be enough information for a handicap secretary to apply a cut and I'm fairly sure[not certain] that anytime I have filled out the sheet, I have gotten the cut.

Advertisement