Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart X9 89.99 vs. mi a2 lite for older user?

Options
  • 20-03-2019 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

I see on the Bargain Alerts forum that the Vodafone Smart X9 is available for 89.99.
    How would it compare to the mi a2 lite for a basic older user, for simple stuff like WhatsApp, facebook - in terms of battery life, simplicity, durability?

Do both come with a lot of bloatware? - would prefer simple stock android.
    Ads/popups would confuse the person I have in mind for this phone.

Anything else to consider in this price range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

From the reviews that I have seen, it is a nice little phone. Decent battery life, not as good as the mi a2 lite but very respectable.
    I wouldn't worry about the bloatware, it won't be popping up things on the screen or anything. A lot of the vodafone bloatware from experience can be uninstalled easily.

It would be perfect for what you require I reckon. I am getting one for the youngfella for his birthday.
    Can't go wrong for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Stock Android One is great especially for anyone that doesn't want bloatware.

Xiaomi is very reliable, great build quality, 3 of them in the family and never had a problem.

I managed to drop mine from a height and it survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'd go for the mi a2 lite. (I'm a mi a2 lite owner). But if money is tight the Vodafone phone looks very similar. Especially for an older user they wouldn't notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

There is very little bloatware on the Smart X9.
    I picked up 2 this week ,very impressed with it so far ,I prefer the design to the A2 lite which has that horrible notch at the top.

X9 seems like a reasonable phone. can get a cheap unlock code on ebay

a2 lite has better cpu, battery life, updates and metal build but the X9 is decent for something that you can get in a B&M shop

• Advertisement
Advertisement