Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 zone thermostat...

Options
  • 25-02-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭

I've been focuses on the Nest thermostat using 2 devices covering the three zones... But just read up on Honeywell and thought it might be a better option. There is a three zone controller in the house, a condenser gas boiler, solar hot water and photo voltaic feeding to the electric... There's two heating zones and one hot water.

What is the best option to manage the lot without going overboard, ripping the place apart... I don't want to spend a fortune, but budget isn't the driver... I'm more concerned with quality of control, integration with my home system, quality of interface and Android device.

474044.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Take a look at Drayton Wiser . Can do two zones plus water and has integration with Alexa and IFTTT
    They seem to be adding functionality to their app regularly

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You can have as many zones as you like by installing a Sonoff device per zone. The number of zone valves installed is the only limiting factor. Each Sonoff can measure temperature & humidity and have its own 7 day timer as well as a manual override. Expect to pay €15 to €20 per unit. In comparison to other options it is far more cost effective, there is no limit to the number of zones and integrates fully with Google Home / Alexa.

I have done this for 2 zones as I only have 2 zone valves, but it is working very well. My Sonoffs are installed in the hotpress allowing me to measure the temperature of the hot water cylinder. I could have installed them elsewhere, but this suited me.

46896135271_9cda896849_b.jpg

46171206494_f12147df6a.jpg

Advertisement