Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The super-awesome MTB specific video thread

• 18-08-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

I think a dedicated thread for MTB segments/videos would be worthwhile.

What a better way to start it than with probably the best single take MTB segment ever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

great idea, only reason i go to pinkbike is for the videos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYgAX6D43Q

Danny Hart's 2011 winning run an Champery. He is on fire. Sensational riding and the commentary is great.

Aaron Gwin winning UCI Downhill at Leogang with no chain! Chain broke almost immediately out of the gate. Superb riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOxWShUjBmM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Aaron Gwin's chainless winning run in Leogang

Troy Bronson at the end "You mother****er!" :pac:

EDIT: Seen you posted it already steamsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

That Hart run was bonkers to watch; but what adds to it is Rob Warner almost losing his sh1t in the commentary. My fav. Gwin run though, isn't the "I only ride park" chain-less run at Leogang but his insanity +1 run at MSA in 2017; the man made peace with his gods and just went for it like a demon.

Speaking of only riding park: check out pretty much anything by IFHT on youtube or pinkbike, they're a hoot. I'm also enjoying watching the privateer diary videos on pinkbike. My favourite video though has to be Dan Atherton's Red Bull Hardline run, followed a close second by Fabio Wibmers Fabious Escape 2 for both pure cheese amusement and what is thought to be the longest jump on an MTB.

For something a bit longer than youtube 10 min thrills, check out:
    • Wont Back Down: The Steve Peat Story - which, due to his career, is basically a documentary on the history of Downhill racing.
    • Where the Trail Ends - some awesome free ride stuff going on with a lot of familiar faces from the red bull rampage.
    • Gamble
    • (MBUK) Dirt - you may be able to find this on youtube in bits, or else find a VCR
    • (MBUK) Totally Wild - again, bits on youtube or else VCR

Edit: let me rephrase this bit: The thing about 1990s riding videos (such as Dirt or Totally Wild) is that as much as we might laugh and/or cringe at them, they are a lot more honest and relatable for most riders; there's no "sick edits", and multi-speed slo-mo camera angle sh1t going on that shows you the same three seconds from umpteen angles over the space of five minutes. Not that I'm dismissing modern videos/films, just that sometimes it looks like you're watching someone for whom the laws of physics do not apply, or you get fed up of watching the same three seconds stretched out over 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Won't Back Down.

Only the best MTB film ever made.*

*Maybe I'm biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

The 50to01 videos are great.

Skateboard style.

The latest one is brilliant.

https://youtu.be/tMn1YJCkBK8

Great comparison the lines the pros use at a race compared to the weekend warriors.

Taken at the EWS in Whistler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Not a video, but a podcast on Singletracks with Gary Fisher on he got into cycling, how mountain biking got started on Mt. Tam, partying in the woods and building bikes.

For a bit of condensed history on Mt. Tam, the Repack downhill race series, and the significance of it all, have a read

• Advertisement

Listen to that freehub....

Seeing as we mightn't be able to get out and experience it for ourselves, I think it's time for more videos.

Pinkbike 2019 Video of the Year

Tough crowd

How about one of the maddest bike races around?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 running_away

MTB videos = perfect antidote to the current situation (for a few minutes at least)

Been catching up on Sam Pilgrim's youtube channel

Advertisement