Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Renaming

Options
  • 19-08-2018 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

I'm late to this party but have just found out that vaginas should be called ''front holes'' because this is more inclusive.

First thing that struck me is that this is technically incorrect - middle hole, surely, if ''hole'' it must be?

I hate to be behind the times, so if people could update my lexicon, that would be great. I think I might have figured out some of the newspeak all by myself, though.
    Henceforth..
    Ears are 'side of head holes'
    Mouths are 'eating holes' (or 'cake hole' if you're English.)
    Nostrils are 'sniffing holes'
    Eyes are 'seeing holes'
    Anuses are 'back holes'
    Urethras are 'prefrontal front holes'
    Penises are 'small holes on a stick'
    Pores are 'skin holes'
    Navels are 'filled in belly holes'

But this potential renaming seems somehow prosaic. Why should the presumptive female vagina have been renamed in such a reductionist manner? It's kind of sad :( Random holes in a meat suit. Especially since these are not holes at all, technically speaking, but rather passages. And also given that hole is sometimes used to refer to a dingy, grotty dive. And that ''front hole'' being quite vague as to exact location could be interpreted differently by different people. Madness, even danger, could ensue!

I have seen some nifty suggestions for renaming parts that seem a bit more appealing. After all it woud be nice to think our civilisation is not going backwards.
    In the spirit of progress...
    Knees are 'leg bumpers'
    Elbows are 'arm bumpers'
    Penises are 'dangle tubes' or 'crotch noses'
    Breasts are 'wobblers'

Any more suggestions to flesh out ;) the modern anatomical dictionary...I mean 'word book'?

(Funny enough, Vagina is still the correct term to use if a person has had bottom surgery, apparently.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Vaginas are 'Cock Pockets'.

Anuseseses are 'Fart Boxes'.

End lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Stop talking out your eating hole,, take your hand off that small hole on a stick.
    Are you taking this in....use your seeing holes(but not on a stick)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

zGHQb4O.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I thought the OP must have missed the irony in something they read. But no this is a thing.. 'vagina' is exclusionary and trans-phobic now apparently.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/opinion/sunday/what-makes-a-woman.html

Inane bollocks. I mean front dangly bits.

Weird movement that started as a way for a rich person to distract from their vehicular manslaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

What was ever wrong with gee?

Weird movement that started as a way for a rich person to distract from their vehicular manslaughter.

Allegedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-If this turns in to a trans bashing thread I will perma ban anyone doing it. I don't care who you are. This will be the only warning. I will be following and reading every post.

Sorry for bolding it all but I feel its needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Unless the Left start to call out insane BS like this it will retreat to being a debate society in drawing rooms in leafy suburbs.

Hard to see it avoiding that actually, this is just one of the more bizarre and out of touch manifestations of the unfathomable mindset that now dominates the Left.

I wonder do they subconsciously pick the most insane position on things like this so as to be able to ban, shout down and moan about others not agreeing with them.

Personally I have no problem with people becoming trans. Their business.

The Left going down the same route as creationists and binning Science is not welcome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Haha, crotch nose and arm bumpers. I'm gonna use those.
    Feet could be Lego magnets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

We could adopt german as our language and just have ridiculously long words. :)

I remember hearing once that the persian for giraffe is "a horse with really long legs and a really long neck"

Is it trans bashing for a man to declare that he would only be able to consider any person (deserving in their own right of a basic level of compassion as a fellow human being) to be a woman if she has a biologically formed vagina?

I’ll use whichever of two pronouns someone prefers, support their right to identify as the alternative gender to that indicated on their birth certificate, support the provision of a corrected cert etc.

In my opinion, only a vagina is really a vagina. If you used to have a penis and have surgery to construct an approximation of a vagina, good for you, but is it not really just a ‘front hole’ of sorts? If so, I suggest every trans-woman feel free to refer to their bits as a ‘front hole’ or as a vagina if they wish. There’s no harm in it.

But a womans biologically formed vagina is a vagina. It doesn’t need any new terminology to include those with medicaly reconstructed genitalia if they feel that the term ‘vagina’ doesn’t or shouldn’t apply to their own bits and pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

JayZeus wrote: »
    Is it trans bashing for a man to declare that he would only be able to consider any person (deserving in their own right of a basic level of compassion as a fellow human being) to be a woman if she has a biologically formed vagina?

I’ll use whichever of two pronouns someone prefers, support their right to identify as the alternative gender to that indicated on their birth certificate, support the provision of a corrected cert etc.

In my opinion, only a vagina is really a vagina. If you used to have a penis and have surgery to construct an approximation of a vagina, good for you, but is it not really just a ‘front hole’ of sorts? If so, I suggest every trans-woman feel free to refer to their bits as a ‘front hole’ or as a vagina if they wish. There’s no harm in it.

But a womans biologically formed vagina is a vagina. It doesn’t need any new terminology to include those with medicaly reconstructed genitalia if they feel that the term ‘vagina’ doesn’t or shouldn’t apply to their own bits and pieces.

You are going down the Science route, that certainly is enough to have you called transphobic. Thankfully not scientifically in depth enough to have you banned though.

Agree with the sentiment of your post.

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Why do transexuals hate women so much?

No evidence that they do.

Though some can be believers in intersectionality so they can hate everyone a bit and some more than others. Though that is to do with the nature of Intersectionality.

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Careful lads, that might be 'trans bashing' can't offend the mod now.

2+2=5

Isn't it fu89ed up that I had to reread my post lest my account go on to the book fire.

Even stuff that is scientifically true, beyond a shadow of doubt is now challenged.

Talking to many on the left today is like talking to climate change deniers, flat earthers, creationists, tea party.

They have built their sense of self around their ideology and to challenge that is to challenge their very core, so obviously one must be evil to do so.

The post is not about the Mod, who I have never heard or seen post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My vagina has always been and will always be a vagina, regardless of what anyone else has to say about it. I won't apologise for calling it what it is either.

I'll decide what to call my own body parts.

If I want to call my china a china then that's exactly what I'll do. Next you'll be telling me a botty isn't a botty anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

'mary' was another one....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Malayalam wrote: »
    I'm late to this party but have just found out that vaginas should be called ''front holes'' because this is more inclusive.

First thing that struck me is that this is technically incorrect - middle hole, surely, if ''hole'' it must be?

I hate to be behind the times, so if people could update my lexicon, that would be great. I think I might have figured out some of the newspeak all by myself, though.
    Henceforth..
    Ears are 'side of head holes'
    Mouths are 'eating holes' (or 'cake hole' if you're English.)
    Nostrils are 'sniffing holes'
    Eyes are 'seeing holes'
    Anuses are 'back holes'
    Urethras are 'prefrontal front holes'
    Penises are 'small holes on a stick'
    Pores are 'skin holes'
    Navels are 'filled in belly holes'

But this potential renaming seems somehow prosaic. Why should the presumptive female vagina have been renamed in such a reductionist manner? It's kind of sad :( Random holes in a meat suit. Especially since these are not holes at all, technically speaking, but rather passages. And also given that hole is sometimes used to refer to a dingy, grotty dive. And that ''front hole'' being quite vague as to exact location could be interpreted differently by different people. Madness, even danger, could ensue!

I have seen some nifty suggestions for renaming parts that seem a bit more appealing. After all it woud be nice to think our civilisation is not going backwards.
    In the spirit of progress...
    Knees are 'leg bumpers'
    Elbows are 'arm bumpers'
    Penises are 'dangle tubes' or 'crotch noses'
    Breasts are 'wobblers'

Any more suggestions to flesh out ;) the modern anatomical dictionary...I mean 'word book'?

(Funny enough, Vagina is still the correct term to use if a person has had bottom surgery, apparently.)
    We seem to have a lot of holes. No wonder I keep leaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My vagina has always been and will always be a vagina, regardless of what anyone else has to say about it. I won't apologise for calling it what it is either.

Sorry, went to the seaside and forgot all about this. That is the point though - i am not a menstruator or an owner of a uterus, my children didn't emerge from my front hole and I didn't chest feed them. And I am not going to ever apologise for saying I am a woman (no prefix) with a vagina etc. . It's not just about language - it's about re-conceptualisation.

Lips are eating hole kerbs.
    Lashes are seeing hole fronds.
    Arms are trunk cranes.
    Brains are head spaghetti.

Hmmmm maybe I could get into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It’s like standing at the top of a room, telling everyone to be quiet then announcing that you’re a trans but don’t want anyone to make a big deal about it.

I thought being trans meant that you were born with the wrong sexual organs, not that you have to redefine non-trans people so you can fit in.

Advertisement