Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Best deal for a Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Best deal for a Switch?

The one you find yourself :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    The one you find yourself :D

Best I found was €350 for console and game, rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Best I found was €350 for console and game, rip off.

???

Console alone is €330 so €350 isn't bad

???

Console alone is €330 so €350 isn't bad

€330 for a Switch is bad. A PS4 or Xbox One is only €200-250.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Switch is only out 18 months at most. PS4 and Xbox are out nearly 4.5 years now.

In another 3 years you'll get a Switch for €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

All Nintendo games are only €20 as well, just how you wanted ;)

Anyway, bargains. Bayonetta 2 is reduced to €20 in Smyths. Only 1 in stock when I'm posting this but worth keeping an eye on.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/clearance/clearance/bayonetta-2-%2b-bayonetta-1-digital-code-nintendo-switch/p/164651

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Switch is only out 18 months at most. PS4 and Xbox are out nearly 4.5 years now.

In another 3 years you'll get a Switch for €250.

Nah 330 for a switch is defiantly bad. I got a second hand one for 270 and I'm pretty sure there's semi regular UK deals that work out at around 300 euro.

megaten wrote: »
    Nah 330 for a switch is defiantly bad. I got a second hand one for 270 and I'm pretty sure there's semi regular UK deals that work out at around 300 euro.

No €329 is the RRP. If you wait and look around you'll get it cheaper alright.

There was a 20% off code for the AO eBay store two weeks ago. You could have picked it up for £225 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Gave up on getting one cos I couldn't justify paying full price for one. Then my brain started to whir a bit and I thought, "second hand?". Gamestop: LOL yeah right. CEX: nope. So stuck again until the brain started to whir again and then I think... Ebay. Currently carefully watching some bidding wars at the moment, ready to swoop in and strike my prey......

I haven't used Ebay in 2 years at least I would say... I remember why I stopped now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

jaxxx wrote: »
    Gave up on getting one cos I couldn't justify paying full price for one. Then my brain started to whir a bit and I thought, "second hand?". Gamestop: LOL yeah right. CEX: nope. So stuck again until the brain started to whir again and then I think... Ebay. Currently carefully watching some bidding wars at the moment, ready to swoop in and strike my prey......

I haven't used Ebay in 2 years at least I would say... I remember why I stopped now :D

Pretty much the same as me, it's a cool concept and a niche console but it's a lot for it compared to the ps4 or xbone.

Don't care that there older they offer a lot more.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Pretty much the same as me, it's a cool concept and a niche console but it's a lot for it compared to the ps4 or xbone.

Can't play your PS4/Xbox on the can or in the car :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SeanHarty wrote: »

Not a niche console.
    Just not a PS4/XB1.

And a pretty successful console at that.

Most people who post in this forum are pretty pleased with their investment in the Switch and the games it hosts.

And the PS4/XB1 are an established internal design and savings could be made with successive iterations.
    You paid big bucks for the consoles in their early days and were treated to feck all worth playing.

By the time the Switch is four years old plus you'll see a cheaper system and a much larger AAA software library.

But, again, the system has yet to disappoint me in its first 16 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

See, Switch console will get price cut after like 2-3 years sure, but we all know by history that Mario and Zelda dont get price cut :D It is pretty much pointless in talking about expensive or cheap, it is more like about the price you are willing to pay for 'early access'.

The best online retail that i can find (bar ebay, i have no time to snipe a good deal nowadays) recently with the small discount from Prime day, I spent £350 ~ 390e (GBP is cheap lately as well) for the console+mario+zelda.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mario and Zelda titles appear to be bargain resistant but it's not really the case, as we see titles on the 3DS and WiiU get discounted.
    The rrp might remain stable but a watchful eye on Argos/Smyth's/not-Gamestop often throws up significant savings.
    Patience, and this thread, are everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Friend of mine just bought Mario Odyssey on the easons website for €14. That seems like a ridiculous price. Not sure if it's physical or digital. They're posting it so assuming it's physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Friend of mine just bought Mario Odyssey on the easons website for €14. That seems like a ridiculous price. Not sure if it's physical or digital. They're posting it so assuming it's physical.

Oppps. Some bad news for him, he's getting the walkthrough guide - https://www.easons.com/super-mario-odyssey-prima-games-9780744018882

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Edit: ^ what he said above

you sure its not just a game guide? its easons, i dont think they sell video games

I'm betting it's physical rather than digital. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

:D

2eoj7f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The book's always better than the film, so it should be the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Oppps. Some bad news for him, he's getting the walkthrough guide - https://www.easons.com/super-mario-odyssey-prima-games-9780744018882

I was just going to post that. Oh lord that's so funny :o:D

Best laugh all week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I'm betting it's physical rather than digital. :D
    includes a code to access the eGuide

Both! Bargain!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Well this is the best news ever. Gonna say nothing and record his reaction. Haha!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not a niche console.
    Just not a PS4/XB1.

And a pretty successful console at that.

Most people who post in this forum are pretty pleased with their investment in the Switch and the games it hosts.

And the PS4/XB1 are an established internal design and savings could be made with successive iterations.
    You paid big bucks for the consoles in their early days and were treated to feck all worth playing.

By the time the Switch is four years old plus you'll see a cheaper system and a much larger AAA software library.

But, again, the system has yet to disappoint me in its first 16 months.

It's a Nintendo console, in 2 years it still won't have a savage library unlike the other consoles at 2 years, I'd agree it is a nitche console too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,942 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's a Nintendo console, in 2 years it still won't have a savage library unlike the other consoles at 2 years, I'd agree it is a nitche console too.

Its more of a Nietzsche console.
    There are no facts, only interpretations

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
    And if you gaze for long into the Switch, the Switch gazes also into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This is the Pokémon game I've been waiting for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

All I need is Emma Watson and then I can cast off the shackles of the beast and tie her up with said shackles damn you all turning this bargain alerts page into a hipster philosophy hangout.

Give a man a bargain on Nintendo products he's happy for a day teach a man how and where to find these bargains and you lose a business opportunity. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back to the bargains lads, less chat please (as hilarious as it is). That poor guy.... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement