Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Crime Podcasts

Options
  • 27-04-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

As discussed on Casefile thread . A thread to discuss the best true crime podcasts . What's your favourite? , what do you recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Aside from Casefile I really like Last Podcast on the Left. Think the lads are a good laugh and they seem to know their ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

love casefile, crime junkie & court junkie - very much looking forward to the trial of the EAR/ONS/GSK - should make for some excellent episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Generation Why
    Already Gone
    The Trail Went Cold
    They Walk Among Us
    True Crime Garage
    True Crime Brewery
    True Crime All The Time
    In Sight
    Unresolved
    Trace Evidence
    True Crime and Mysteries
    True Crime Enthusiast

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Are we allowed discuss true crime in here as opposed to just podcasts? Or cases covered on podcasts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

pc7 wrote: »
    Are we allowed discuss true crime in here as opposed to just podcasts? Or cases covered on podcasts maybe?

Cases covered on podcasts... That would make sense to me or the thread will run out of steam pretty quickly!

Just my two cents though.

Spoiler tags would probably be needed though hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

discuss any True crime Podcast you really enjoyed make suggestions and discuss but no spoilers . does that sound fair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

In The Dark season 2 has just started for anyone that's interested. Season 1 was great. Very well researched and presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Irish one mens rea isn't bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think Small Town Dicks is fairly good. Two presenters talk to two detectives about cases they've worked on. There's an emphasis on the police work and procedure, which is usually fascinating.

I'm enjoying Death Ice Valley .

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying Death Ice Valley .

Listening to this aswell - a bit slow in comparison to others and no great sense that they are going to discover what happened but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Without doubt my favourite true crime podcast is Sword and Scale. It’s excellent.

jarvis wrote: »
    Without doubt my favourite true crime podcast is Sword and Scale. It’s excellent.

never heard of it . will give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Let’s know what you think if you do listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This isnt True Crime per se, but close enough. https://www.earhustlesq.com

Its a podcast made by inmates in San Quentin. It's very good.

Start off with the earlier episodes and work your way up.

jarvis wrote: »

If you like S&S you should check out The Minds of Madness. Similar style and similar quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Listened to the spoof True Crime podcast A Very Fatal Murder. Absolutely hilarious IMO and I regard most - if not all - "comedy" podcasts to be painful failures in actually enticing a laugh out of me.

Well worth a listen: it captures the tics and tropes of the genre and heaps on the absurdity.

Arghus wrote: »
    Listened to the spoof True Crime podcast A Very Fatal Murder. Absolutely hilarious IMO and I regard most - if not all - "comedy" podcasts to be painful failures in actually enticing a laugh out of me.

Well worth a listen: it captures the tics and tropes of the genre and heaps on the absurdity.

Done Disappeared is a similar one, same kind of spoof on the genre

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

The latest Sword and Scale episode is horrific :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Mens rea
    They walk among us
    Australia true crime (hit & miss)
    Enjoyed my favourite murderers podcasts about catching the golden state killer.

Obviously casefile is The Wire of podcasts

Another plug for In The Dark. Great stuff for anyone that enjoyed Serial season 1.

Just started The Teacher's Pet - Australian cold case. Really well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

The accent of the host of Mens Rea, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

eviltwin wrote: »
    If you like S&S you should check out The Minds of Madness. Similar style and similar quality.

Thanks for recommending this. Very good. The "Greyhound Bus" one...jaysus :eek::eek:. Probably, the most horrific case I have ever heard of.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The accent of the host of Mens Rea, what is it?

She's definitely Irish but it is an odd accent alright. My wife thought that the host wasn't Irish at the start.

Some info about the host:
    https://mensreapod.com/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Canadian True Crime podcast is pretty good if you like casefile. Not quite as polished but I find it enjoyable.

Its surprisingly difficult to find some good podcasts as there are countless lists lf ****e online. So... thanks to you guys here for providing a number!

Enjoying Sword and Scale at the moment, and there's over a 100 episodes! :o

Lets see if we can get the True Crime Forum:
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057866728/2/#post107265662

Could have threads for each show and more.

Just listened to the episode of Sword and Scale about Luka Magnotta. ****ing hell. There is disgusting audio there of a brutal murder that is just grotesque. It goes on far too long as well, just a guy suffering as he dies. Absolutely horrified after it an feel sick. Disgraceful how they gratuitously covered this, I wont be listening to the show again.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Just listened to the episode of Sword and Scale about Luka Magnotta. ****ing hell. There is disgusting audio there of a brutal murder that is just grotesque. It goes on far too long as well, just a guy suffering as he dies. Absolutely horrified after it an feel sick. Disgraceful how they gratuitously covered this, I wont be listening to the show again.

That was the best S&S podcast that I listened to, absolutely horrific but really well done. Not a huge fan of that podcast these days but that episode is unreal. Magnotta is an absolute psycho.

Advertisement