Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 2 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

claw wrote: »
    In 17th place, 8 points clear of the bottom 3 with 1 match to go. Hope that means I'm safe!

I think only 3 can possibly go down and if there are drop outs from higher leagues then even that probably won’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sitting in 4th, and can end up anywhere between 2nd and 9th. Don't mind if I don't go up as I've just trodded along all year.

Thepoet85 wrote:
    Sitting in 4th, and can end up anywhere between 2nd and 9th. Don't mind if I don't go up as I've just trodded along all year.

8th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mother of God 2nd-6th all on 66pts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Mother of God 2nd-6th all on 66pts

Yeah. Just looked at that. I’m last of the 6th placers because my OR is so poor.

Wonder will that stop me being promoted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'm 2nd last of the 66ers. End of season collapse in a really brutal season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah. Just looked at that. I’m last of the 6th placers because my OR is so poor.

Wonder will that stop me being promoted.

Say you will be safe enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I am 4th, also on 66 points. I reckon we will all go up.

Any chance 8th will go up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Any chance 8th will go up :pac:

Think 9 or 10 went up last year

Finished 14th so won't matter to me !!

• Advertisement

Think 9 or 10 went up last year

Oh wow, I was joking but I don't mind if I go up or not, it's all a bit of fun :)

Division 2 Final table for future reference...

Rank Team Wins Draws Losses Score Pts
    1    DEENgiveMeeMooyMouni 25 1 12 2287 76

2    Rashford Rejects 22 0 16 2329 66

3    Ger's Ginger Army 22 0 16 2326 66

4    A Kun A Morata 22 0 16 2241 66

5    Partizan Aughris 22 0 16 2196 66

6    On me head son 22 0 16 2184 66

7    NKisBK 21 2 15 2127 65

8    NMT FC 21 1 16 2253 64

9    Club 121 21 0 17 2252 63

10    Mongolia Wanderers 20 1 17 2033 61

11    Juan Luk at my Mkhi 19 1 18 2205 58

12    RobbieBrady'sLeftPeg 18 1 19 2107 55

13    D'Indomitable Loins 18 1 19 2106 55

14    Cushla Tigers 18 1 19 2076 55

15    smugdrugglers 18 0 20 2165 54

16    FC Unatlético 16 2 20 2168 50

17    Hooded Claws 16 0 22 2092 48

18    Gylfi Pleasures 13 0 25 2225 39

19    Guns N' Moses 12 1 25 2009 37

20    Nothing Toulouse 8 0 30 1704 24

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I believe "DEENgiveMeeMooyMouni" is Tony_Montana which is odd as his team ID is not matching what he posted in the sign-up thread?

Is there any reason why Tony_Montana's team ID didn't match when sign ups happened at the start of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I believe "DEENgiveMeeMooyMouni" is Tony_Montana which is odd as his team ID is not matching what he posted in the sign-up thread?

Is there any reason why Tony_Montana's team ID didn't match when sign ups happened at the start of the season?
    Not sure at all, will look into it. It’s not gonna be tonight as I have a Villa playoff extravaganza to worry about, but if anyone gets a chance to investigate what has gone wrong in the meantime, it would be appreciated.

CSF wrote: »
    Not sure at all, will look into it. It’s not gonna be tonight as I have a Villa playoff extravaganza to worry about, but if anyone gets a chance to investigate what has gone wrong in the meantime, it would be appreciated.

His team ID is 232944 but he posted 118910 in the signup thread. The post was edited though so maybe a mod could tell us what it was originally.

After further digging it seems he put down the league ID as his Team ID.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

His team ID is 232944 but he posted 118910 in the signup thread. The post was edited though so maybe a mod could tell us what it was originally.

Team ID was not edited.

So most likely I clicked into the team, saw that same ID in the URL and thought it was fine.

Given that this is my mistake also, I will leave it upto the floor (rather than myself) to decide how to deal with it.

So most likely I clicked into the team, saw that same ID in the URL and thought it was fine.

Given that this is my mistake also, I will leave it upto the floor (rather than myself) to decide how to deal with it.

Yeah he mistakenly put the league ID as his team ID. Since I'm not in this league I might as well leave it to League 2 members to decide if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That's a tricky one! How did the team end up in the league on fpl though? Surely they would have needed the code that was only sent to people actually in league 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Well the right team entered in the end I don't see much issue, only error was giving the wrong id on the signup thread

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Well the right team entered in the end I don't see much issue, only error was giving the wrong id on the signup thread

Ah I see that makes more sense. I was thinking it's some mess if the wrong team had been in there all year!

I think it’s clearly Tony_Montana but if he doesn’t show up he is going to be axed anyway? He’ll have to sign up to the next league anyway no?

I think it’s clearly Tony_Montana but if he doesn’t show up he is going to be axed anyway? He’ll have to sign up to the next league anyway no?

Only two posts after the sign up thread so doesn't look like they're around here much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I got a code to join League 2 so Tony_Montana must have got one too. He just entered the wrong id. I don't have a problem with it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

claw wrote: »
    I got a code to join League 2 so Tony_Montana must have got one too. He just entered the wrong id. I don't have a problem with it either.

Agreed - it’s not like someone else missed out

Seems like enough of a consensus for me, unless we see serious objections to it.

No problems with it here anyway.

Congrats to Tony_Montana on winning this year, and stephenl15 and Ginger Ninja on following up to League 1 in 2nd and 3rd.

2 points of note for next year
    1) If anyone doesn't have an interest in carrying on in this next year, let me know now as it is easier for me to pass the spots down now rather than having tonnes of spot to fill after the deadline.
    2) If anyone knows of any potential to bring sponsorship prize money in, that would be great, as I definitely felt that the league was at it's most exciting when people had a cash prize to go with the status symbol. The only restriction I would have on this is that any prize breakdown would have to go from the top down, regardless of who brings in the sponsorship. It clearly doesn't make sense to have 100 euro prize for League 2, and nothing for the Premier League.

The 20 teams who've qualified for the League 2 next year are below:
    deadlineday
    Mr. Prodston
    finnharpsboy
    ScummyMan
    jay0109
    klopparama
    richieffff
    ThePoet85
    unkymo
    Karma25
    wrestlemaniac
    yozico
    GetWithIt
    Gaillimh1976
    normanoffside
    tailgunner
    claw
    Morzadec
    Rodgeb
    FastFullBack

Congrats to the 3 who've been promoted up. The next in line to go up if spaces arise are: Belt, greedygoblin, Jaggo, COH, Missing Links, 2nd Row Donkey, Johny Cage, Mike3549, MarkSRFC21, Cartman78, mectavba, SteelyDanJalapeno, Just_Magic, grohlisagod, What.Now, Sands81, dr.kenneth noisewater, Colking, Paddy_Irishman, sheroman01, cdev, First Explorer, siblers, A Brad Maddox Guy, Father Hernandez, Rikand

• Advertisement

Just checking. If league 1 doesn't get the required numbers by end of July, so people from this league go up automatically?

Advertisement