Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon: Buy £30 giftcard, get £6

Options
  • 08-10-2017 4:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Logged into my account and the promo was there. Targeted promo I assume.
    You must have received an invitation directly on Amazon.co.uk,
    Click the button 'Click to register for the promotion' below to see if you're eligible for the offer,
    Purchase £30 or more of Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in a single order on Amazon.co.uk between 1 October 2017 and 30 November 2017.
    We'll automatically apply the £6 promotional code to your account and confirm by e-mail within 48 hours after your gift card order has been dispatched.
    The £6 promotional code can be spent on eligible products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until 14 January 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Where's the bargain?? It only applies to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not sure what the criteria for eligibility is, but it's showing up for me. Cheers, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same, thanks OP.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There for me too. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

God dam, no promo offer for me and I buy a good deal of stuff on Amazon. Never bought a gift card mind. Those of you who received the promo did you buy gift cards previously?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Do I buy an email gift card is it and use my own email and it's added to my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Lenny wrote: »
    Do I buy an email gift card is it and use my own email and it's added to my account?

Buy an email one and send it to yourself. Then add it to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone open a new account to get this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Does that end date (1 November) mean it'll probably be available until then?

I assume it's also single use only?

xckjoo wrote: »
    Does that end date (1 November) mean it'll probably be available until then?

I assume it's also single use only?

not single use.

• Advertisement

probably not available if you're used a similar offer before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I know it says within 48 hours, but has anyone got the £6 added to their account yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

glasso wrote: »
    probably not available if you're used a similar offer before.
    I bought a giftcard last year and got promo credit. Thanks for pointing out that Amazon are wrong in offering it to me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I know it says within 48 hours, but has anyone got the £6 added to their account yet?

I go an email to saying:
    Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.co.uk.

Your recent order ****-******-****** entitles you to a promotional reward which we have added to your account. This reward can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Thank you for purchasing an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card. You have qualified for a £6 promotional code, which has been automatically applied to your account and can be used on eligible products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk.

The promotional reward must be used by 15 January 2018. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

I can't find it though! The 30 from the gift card is there, but if the 6 pounds is in my account, I can't find it!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

not single use.

So if I bought multiple vouchers I'd get multiple £6 bonus credit?

Edit: Bought one and don't seem to have gotten the £6 credit. Not sure if I did something wrong or just wasn't eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

It takes about 24 hours for the credit to show up.
    I can't find it though! The 30 from the gift card is there, but if the 6 pounds is in my account, I can't find it!

It is deducted when you make an order. If you have anything preordered you can update your payment method and the £6 comes off.

xckjoo wrote: »
    So if I bought multiple vouchers I'd get multiple £6 bonus credit?

Edit: Bought one and don't seem to have gotten the £6 credit. Not sure if I did something wrong or just wasn't eligible.

no. thought you meant you have to use it in one go.

etselbbuns wrote: »
    I bought a giftcard last year and got promo credit. Thanks for pointing out that Amazon are wrong in offering it to me again.

well I didn't get it. assumed 'cos I bought one last year on a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I spend a lot of amazon and didn't get this.

As usual regs are screwed. They already have us in their snare I guess.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I spend a lot of amazon and didn't get this.

As usual regs are screwed. They already have us in their snare I guess.

maybe that's it - regular spender - don't need to tempt these guys. I've spent a lot recently also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it pays to have a few amazon accounts ;)

Two days passed and still no sign of the £6 credit. So I contacted Amazon who refunded £6 to my card from one of my previous orders, which seemed like a really strange way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thanks op. Ordered the gift card & spent it 3 mins later :pac:

Hopefully my credit will arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

maybe that's it - regular spender - don't need to tempt these guys. I've spent a lot recently also.

According to hot uk deals you only get the offer if you haven't bought a gift card in the last two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

I got approved for the offer a couple of weeks back,but didn't do anything since

Is it now simply a matter of emailing the gift card to myself and i will get the bonus credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mikeysmith wrote: »
    I got approved for the offer a couple of weeks back,but didn't do anything since

Is it now simply a matter of emailing the gift card to myself and i will get the bonus credit?

Yes.
    It will tell you that you've already been approved/availed of the offer if you click the link again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks OP. Just got this deal, well i hope i did anyway. i think I have to wait till I check out for the free £6 to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Cool!

Im eligible, so all I need to do now is email the gift card to myself, and the additional £6 will be applied within 48hrs and usable when at checkout?

THANKS OP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Cool!

Im eligible, so all I need to do now is email the gift card to myself, and the additional £6 will be applied within 48hrs and usable when at checkout?

THANKS OP

thats what i did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just got notification of the £6 being available, cheers!

Advertisement