Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPTV picture quality

• 23-07-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Strange problem. All channels work fine. If you look at a film channel the definition is perfect. But if you look at live TV, example RTE2 watching the Sunday game, you get this judder effect. Its rather annoying. Anyone have any suggestions how to improve this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Complain to your provider ..... that is what you pay them for. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

I am far too knowledgeable to do that. I ask a question. Why does IPTV suffer with judder on live events and yet films and normal (non live) programming is grand? Its a simple question

I am far too knowledgeable to do that. I ask a question. Why does IPTV suffer with judder on live events and yet films and normal (non live) programming is grand? Its a simple question

There is an assumption in your question that this is true for all Live TV from all providers.

There is an assumption in your question that this is true for all Live TV from all providers.

There is a lack of answer to the original question from you which suggests you are clueless and just trying to make a stupid point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Who is your provider?

• Advertisement

Who is your provider?
    what a daft question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Strange problem. All channels work fine. If you look at a film channel the definition is perfect. But if you look at live TV, example RTE2 watching the Sunday game, you get this judder effect. Its rather annoying. Anyone have any suggestions how to improve this?

With IPTV, when a lot of users are watching the same stream it can run into problems such as the one you mentioned. Hence the movie channels would be working properly at that time. If you were using an official iptv provider such as Eir, this shouldn't happen.

what a daft question

If you're not going to name an official IPTV provider like Eir or Vodafone then we can only assume you're talking about piracy which is banned from discussion on here. Good luck

There is a lack of answer to the original question from you which suggests you are clueless and just trying to make a stupid point

IPTV streams of Live TV do not suffer from the problems you describe if the provider is doing their job properly.

So your assumption that IPTV of live streams suffer as you describe is a false one.

It does seem as posted above that you are referring to illegal streams, in which case - tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

If you're not going to name an official IPTV provider like Eir or Vodafone then we can only assume you're talking about piracy which is banned from discussion on here. Good luck

Of course, he's talking about illegal IPTV.

Unfortunately as you're not paying for it, you can't complain. Most of the live TV streams are **** unless you're paying for a service.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »

Unfortunately as you're not paying for it, you can't complain. Most of the live TV streams are **** unless you're paying for a service.

Thing is he most likely is paying for it, just not paying the official provider

tedpan wrote: »

Yes I am paying for IPTV. I just asked a question

Yes I am paying for IPTV. I just asked a question

Then complain, you're not getting your money's worth. Real IPTV doesn't glitch like yours

Then complain, you're not getting your money's worth. Real IPTV doesn't glitch like yours
    I was trying to to get to grips if it was an internet speed issue. Just a question

I was trying to to get to grips if it was an internet speed issue. Just a question

It is, just not at your end

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Thread closed. The OP is unwilling to provide information necessary for people to assist. That being the case I see no reason for the discussion to continue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement