Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degiro: How to exercise share rights (e.g. Tullow Oil Rights issue)

Options
  • 17-04-2017 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I've contacted Degiro to no avail, and can't figure it out myself (various google searches and searches of boards.ie yield no useful info on this topic) - How can I exercise my rights under the Tullow oil Rights Issue through the Degiro website? Is it even possible.

Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Isn't everything you buy from Degiro a synthetic version of the security?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mazzy maz

I don't believe so e.g. Degiro users receive dividends on shares owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I am surprised that Deigro have not been able to help you. This is a common enough corporate action and they should be set up to allow you to take it up.

Maybe try ringing them and specifically saying you wish to speak to their corporate actions team about taking up a rights issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mazzy maz

So I've learnt that participation in the rights issue cannot be done through Degiro's website.

Rather I do indeed have to contact their corporate actions department via email.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I had the Nil Paid rights added to my account and also had an email from them asking if I wanted to take part. They appeared in the account just above the shares with the Buy and Sell buttons greyed out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement