Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEEHS - Music Acts Picture Peehs (PART 2)

Options
  • 14-12-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Welcome to Music Acts Picture Peehs Part 2 with your host Reberetta.

Part 1 reveal is coming soon but in the meantime, sign up for this- it will be open for a couple of weeks or more.

Read the rules carefully and send your answers (numbered is fine) via PRIVATE MESSAGE to me once you have viewed the attachments at the end of this post and in post two.

What is PEEHS?

The goal of PEEHS is to give the least popular answer for each round - the one you think nobody else will submit. You get one point for each (correct) answer you submit, plus an additional point for every other player that submits the same answer. An incorrect answer scores 1.5 times the highest score.

The winner will be the person with the lowest score at the end of the game; if you've ever watched Pointless with Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman, then you'll know the drill.

Here's a quick example for any newbies who still may not be sure:
    e.g. 10 players are playing and are asked to name a colour.
    5 players say red - they each score five points
    3 players say yellow - they each score three points
    1 player says black - they score one point and should be very happy
    1 player says fish - they get 7.5 points and should probably read the question more carefully in future

The usual PEEHS rules apply:

NO GOOGLING: This is an honour-based game. You shall not use Google or any other illicit source for information. If you cheat, I will force you at gunpoint to dance Gangnam Style for the rest of your life.

SPELLINGS AREN'T IMPORTANT ...Once there's been a reasonable attempt made; however, any answer along the line of "yer man from that thing" will not be accepted! 

NO POSTING ANSWERS/CLUES ON THREAD.Please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with your answers.

ONE EXTRA SPECIAL RULE FOR MY PICTURE PEEHS: There is one, only one, music act amongst the 80 images who, if chosen by a player or players, will result in a bonus of minus 5 points (which is a good thing, newbies!). But who could it be? Take a risk and find out? Ooooooooh mystery! :cool:

This is part 2 of a trilogy; a winner will be crowned in part 2, but ultimately what you really want is to be the overall winner; part 3 image clues will be posted after the results of part 2 sign-ups are closed and results are revealed. If you entered Part 1 get your entries in for Part 2 to have a chance to win a music prize when all is said and done. Newbies are welcome too.

The order of the images in each round is completely random, so don't go looking for any patterns (alphabetical, chronological, etc) because you won't find any! 

Some images were slightly cropped by google and some are a bit small so you may have to utilise your zoom feature on your browser if you're having difficulty with recognition.

The ten rounds are below in attachments. I kindly request that no one post the images in the thread. If you can't view them let me know and perhaps I'll send you a private message with the images.

Note: If a solo artist who has been in a band is pictured but their band is not in the picture then I want their name (the name of the solo artist, not the band) and vice versa (the name of the band if the solo artist isn't alone).

Remember PRIVATE MESSAGE ME with your answers and may the jammiest bastard most skilled savante of musical wisdom win!

Question 11.jpg

Question 12.jpg

Question 13.jpg

Question 14.jpg

Question 15.jpg

Questions 16-20 below in post two...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

In

Good auld quiz to highlight my lack of musical knowledge, my inability to remember faces and my complete unawareness of what's hot and what's not.

This will be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I didn't do part one. I'm still ok to do part 2?

• Advertisement

Yeah, fire away.

Already nine have played their card.

Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Sawduck
    Necro
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Declan A Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

What's the prize again? :)

The prize is a picnic in the Wicklow mountains with Margo & Daniel O'Donnell. You have to bring your own sandwiches and plan your own transport as they won't allow you in their limo.

Reberetta wrote: »
    The prize is a picnic in the Wicklow mountains with Margo & Daniel O'Donnell. You have to bring your own sandwiches and plan your own transport as they won't allow you in their limo.

I have my hiking boots and my flask and lunch ready!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Collie D wrote: »
    In

Good auld quiz to highlight my lack of musical knowledge, my inability to remember faces and my complete unawareness of what's hot and what's not.

This will be bad.

I am finding these ones a lot harder than the first one!

For newbies who want to play Part 2 who didn't play Part 1 - I will give them the same score as the player in last place in Part 1 for parity (in the overall standings).

Everyone can still win the tournament with bonus points on offer, although some are better positioned than others. Reveal of Part 1 coming soon, don't forget!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cee_jay wrote: »
    I am finding these ones a lot harder than the first one!

Yeah, this round is definitely a lot tougher

On paper, this round is probably easier. I intentionally included more famous acts and less obscurities. But it depends on everyone's music taste and personal level of familiarity at the end of the day. :)

Up to 12, welcome to newbie Green&Red.

Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Sawduck
    Necro
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Declan A Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Green & Red
    Kolido

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I will try and get in my answers later

Up to 14

Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Sawduck
    Necro
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Declan A Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Green & Red
    Kolido
    JP Liz V1
    ShaneU

Speckle joins the party again, says they have dodgy eyesight which might be a good excuse. I hope the rest of you are thinking up your excuses. :pac:

Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Sawduck
    Necro
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Declan A Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Green & Red
    Kolido
    JP Liz V1
    ShaneU
    speckle

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Speckle joins the party again, says they have dodgy eyesight which might be a good excuse. I hope the rest of you are thinking up your excuses. :pac:

My excuse is that I haven't a breeze who loads of them are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My excuse is that I'm confident the answers I've gone for are correct, but my PEEHS-o-meter is broken, so not confident they won't all SHEEP

• Advertisement

These are the posters yet to submit for part 2. Remember if you don't enter all three parts, you'll miss your chance to win a prize and be declared the ultimate warrior of PEEHS. :cool:

Mustang Shelly
    Zaph
    Sheridan81
    Rikand
    EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    cee_jay
    Electric Nitwit
    RasTa
    bubblypop
    yozico
    Sephiroth Dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Well I ended up choosing some of them by body parts a nose here... a pair of lips there or even a hairstyle .... I also found the more I stared at the images, some started morphing into many different people....I even asked one of my venerably aged furry friends for their input..But I think their eyesight or memory is just as poor as mine....now if only they had of had their instruments present in the photos... I might just have recongnised some of them more easily :D

Roll on the fun of the reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

When was the first of these?

I feel like I must have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Green&Red wrote: »
    When was the first of these?

I feel like I must have missed it

Hasn't happened yet

Up to 18.

Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Sawduck
    Necro
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Declan A Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Green & Red
    Kolido
    JP Liz V1
    ShaneU
    speckle
    mustang shelly
    EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    RasTa

Note: no changing answers once submitted.

The reveal for part 1 is getting underway soon in Other Forum Games.

The reveal for part 1 is getting underway soon in Other Forum Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I sent my entry in and then asked my wife what did she think...

She knew about 80% of all the pictures

I'm not telling her about games like this anymore

Rikand wrote: »
    I sent my entry in and then asked my wife what did she think...

She knew about 80% of all the pictures

Get her to sign up to forum games.:)

• Advertisement

RULE CHANGE: Because the bonus points weren't distributed in Part 1, they are carried over to Part 2 and thus, the bonus points are now doubled to -10 for Part 2.

Can this earth shattering announcement mean a stirring comeback and eventual overall triumph for Strawberry Milkshake? Hell no, let's not get carried away Tune in and find out!:cool:

21 players have entered and still there are many images begging to be picked.

Collie D
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Sawduck
    Necro
    the purple tin
    Irish Aris
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Declan A Walsh
    Homer J. Fong
    Green & Red
    Kolido