Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Amazon Prime Offer

Options
  • 27-11-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi.
    I've signed up for the Eir 12 month offer on Amazon Prime Video through the myeir app using my existing Amazon login details and I've downloaded the android app. All is working well.
    My question is, am I restricted to using the mobile app or can I simply log in on my Firestick or smart TV.
    I know I can cast the app on to the TV but I'd prefer to just login.i haven't tried it in case Amazon charge me for operating outside the app.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hi.
    I've signed up for the Eir 12 month offer on Amazon Prime Video through the myeir app using my existing Amazon login details and I've downloaded the android app. All is working well.
    My question is, am I restricted to using the mobile app or can I simply log in on my Firestick or smart TV.
    I know I can cast the app on to the TV but I'd prefer to just login.i haven't tried it in case Amazon charge me for operating outside the app.
    Thanks.

From here https://www.eir.ie/primevideo/#how_to_prime it says that you can use it on the web, mobile, Apple TV or smart TV

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Superspurs50

From here https://www.eir.ie/primevideo/#how_to_prime it says that you can use it on the web, mobile, Apple TV or smart TV

Grand job. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

So it can't be used on a non smart TV or on the firestick, pity.

dinneenp wrote: »
    So it can't be used on a non smart TV or on the firestick, pity.

I can't see why it couldn't be. I would say its more about that eir isn't aware of these devices

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Had a friend buy a firestick and no the Amazon prime tv won't work on it here in Ireland. Another colleague even rang Amazon help and it's not available here, only in the UK. You can cast away from phone but firestick will only work for netflix.

Only certain smart tv's can have prime video app. My Sony one doesn't for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Quick question on this?
    I have eir broadband at home and got a tx from eir saying I can avail of 12 months amazon prime video. Will I be able to watch the premier league matches next week with this ?
    And am il locked into contract with amazon or eir for 12 months?
    Oh, is it on my phone only or is it on a channel on sky tv like eir sports ?
    Thanks
    PM

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Is anybody else unable to activate this. Have been trying every now and again the past two months and I just can't find a direct link to sign up to Amazon. Have attempted to contact Eir about it multiple occasions and have never got anywhere..

Is anybody else unable to activate this. Have been trying every now and again the past two months and I just can't find a direct link to sign up to Amazon. Have attempted to contact Eir about it multiple occasions and have never got anywhere..

Try the steps listed under "How to avail of Amazon Prime Video" at https://www.eir.ie/support/eirtv/Amazon-Prime-Video-Service/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Can you see more than I can see here as an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Have this since December, rarely check my bills as its DD , just looked today and there is a charge for Amazon Prime in add ons? Anyone else been charged, to be honest the bill isn't that easy to read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Have this since December, rarely check my bills as its DD , just looked today and there is a charge for Amazon Prime in add ons? Anyone else been charged, to be honest the bill isn't that easy to read

Yeah I have been looking through my bills and "Other charges" "Plans and add ons" of €5.99 are shown for Amazon Prime Video :confused:
    Supposed to be Free for 12 months, cancelling prime immediately and looking at my switching options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Yeah I have been looking through my bills and "Other charges" "Plans and add ons" of €5.99 are shown for Amazon Prime Video :confused:
    Supposed to be Free for 12 months, cancelling prime immediately and looking at my switching options.

I've had issues like this in the past. Contact them & make a stink about it & they'll refund partially.
    Tell them you didn't receive any email that you were going to get charged (presume you didn't)
    Tell them you don't use the service, weren't even aware of it etc.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I've had issues like this in the past. Contact them & make a stink about it & they'll refund partially.
    Tell them you didn't receive any email that you were going to get charged (presume you didn't)
    Tell them you don't use the service, weren't even aware of it etc.

But they advertised it as free for 12 months? Unless I am missing something why should I be charged for something they say is going to be free? Don't we have Comreg and others to police the truthfulness of deals that are advertised. I intend querying it with Comreg

Managed to get onto them there, they've been charging me from the start since December, said they will credited it back

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

i confirm my amazon prime video offer is working on my LG smart TV, and also web browser, I only got connection to fibre last month with EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

Hi all .I have already an Amazon account .I de-registered as instructed on the Eir site .How ever when I try to register through Eir they tell me I already have an Amazon account though my email address and will not let me proceed .Tried this a few times and now I have neither .Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

All i did was have the same email for amazon and eir. Then in the prime video i log in there and presto all sorted.
    I have it working on my phone, firecube and smart tv.
    Pm me if you need help setting this up on firecube or firestick!

So just an update on the bill, they refunded me 23.96 even though they said they have been charging for amazon prime since December? And for the latest bill there still charging me 🙄

But they advertised it as free for 12 months? Unless I am missing something why should I be charged for something they say is going to be free? Don't we have Comreg and others to police the truthfulness of deals that are advertised. I intend querying it with Comreg

Just got a notification that I will finally be credited the €36.79 overcharge, I had to contact Comreg to get it resolved.

I ended up speaking to someone again in eir about and said I shouldn't have been refunded, that the charge shows there on the bill but it's taking from the bundle, so my bundle price was reduced last December when I started this trial, very very confusing haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

When I try avail of the offer, I'm already an existing Prime member so I get Prime Video and it tells me I cannot avail of this if I try log in with my existing account details.

Eir's FAQs have the following, is there anyway around it other than creating a new account? I didn't think you could just cancel the Prime Video part of your Prime membership account, and if I sign up via Eir, I assume that doesn't give me Prime membership?
    I already have Amazon Prime Video
    If you would like to get Prime Video for 12 months for free, all you need to do is cancel your existing subscription directly with Amazon Prime Video in order to sign up via eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Same here! I'm fuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Our free trial period is almost up now. A week ago I requested cancellation via my.eir.ie and am yet to receive any confirmation. I see the message "Your request was submitted and Amazon Prime Video membership will be cancelled shortly.". Has anyone else done this and how long did you have to wait for confirmation that it was cancelled? I don't want it to run beyond the trial period and end up arguing for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but been trying to cancel Prime Video through my eir and can't figure out how to... Anybody in the same boat but got it sorted?

Advertisement