Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycullen Green - New Builds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Idbatterim wrote: »
    That sounds horrendous. Would you not put pressure on your local tds?!
    Realistically there's not a lot that can be done to improve traffic flow.

The junction at St. Colmcille's Way was originally a roundabout, which was upgraded to a signal-controlled junction and that improved traffic flow immensely.

But ultimately unless you wrangle a completely free-flow junction into these things, there is only so much capacity any junction can take.

Converting the roundabout at Woodstown to signal-controlled is the next obvious step. This will make life better for those higher up the Ballycullen Road, but will make traffic worse coming out of Woodstown. The RA in Woodstown are very active and will resist this at all costs.

Realistically the only way to solve this are major infrastructure projects:
    - Add a junction with the M50 at Stocking lane
    - Add a walking/cycling option over the M50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Maisie789

What's an EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

....... wrote: »

I'm surprised to hear this. Is this coming Northbound?
    I come off Southbound varying times between 6 -6:30 and even though there can be a backlog sometimes, it moves quick enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,554 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

HiGlo wrote: »
    I come off Southbound varying times between 6 -6:30 and even though there can be a backlog sometimes, it moves quick enough...

The Northbound off-ramp has fared very badly since they changed the left-turning light at the top of the ramp from a flashing amber to a red-green cycle.

What drives me demented about coming off from the southbound side is the amount of people who leave gaps of 2-3 car lengths between themselves and the car in front once they get up onto the bridge. Far more cars would get through on each green light if people just bloody moved a bit closer.

• Advertisement

HiGlo wrote: »
    Yeah, once you get to Junction 12, there's nearly always a queue the entire length of the sliproad trying to go towards Firhouse.
    It's a combination of load of factors, but mainly because traffic coming from the M50 Southbound and from Knocklyon has priority over traffic coming from the M50 Northbound. So that traffic only gets to go when all the other traffic has been stopped by lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

seamus wrote: »
    Realistically there's not a lot that can be done to improve traffic flow.

The junction at St. Colmcille's Way was originally a roundabout, which was upgraded to a signal-controlled junction and that improved traffic flow immensely.

But ultimately unless you wrangle a completely free-flow junction into these things, there is only so much capacity any junction can take.

Converting the roundabout at Woodstown to signal-controlled is the next obvious step. This will make life better for those higher up the Ballycullen Road, but will make traffic worse coming out of Woodstown. The RA in Woodstown are very active and will resist this at all costs.

Realistically the only way to solve this are major infrastructure projects:
    - Add a junction with the M50 at Stocking lane
    - Add a walking/cycling option over the M50.

Could there not be a second exit opened for people living in the back of Woodstown?

Open up an exit at the GAA pitch perhaps?

There is already an entrance on that road into the GAA pitch it could be extended to open up Woodstown. Make it signal controlled.

big syke wrote: »
    Could there not be a second exit opened for people living in the back of Woodstown?

Open up an exit at the GAA pitch perhaps?

There is already an entrance on that road into the GAA pitch it could be extended to open up Woodstown. Make it signal controlled.
    Ultimately whatever you do is going to have a knock-on effect elsewhere. If you open that up, people will try to rat-run through Woodstown rather than go to the main junction, in both directions.

One possibility might be a one-way (exit only) connection from Woodstown Abbey onto Stocking Avenue. At the very least this will allow anyone *not* going to the M50 to get out of the estate through the back way. But I know a two-way connection there was part of the original plan and the residents of Woodstown strongly resisted it because they didn't want the through-traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Anyone got an idea when the next phase is due to launch?

• Advertisement

salad_man wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. I heard rumours of prices but don't think they have planning permission yet unless I'm misinformed.

salad_man wrote: »

You can now register your interest for phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

JPFabo wrote: »
    is there anywhere in Dublin that does not suffer from heavy traffic during rush hour,

don't kid yourself - this area is appalling. Yes you have traffic congestion in most placed of Dublin but it moves.

I drive across south Dublin through Terenure, Rathgar, Milltown and Donnybrook in rush hour and it's not nearly as bad as this area.

Good to see nothing in this country has really changed - builders are allowed throw up houses in areas that don't have the infrastructure to cope at all.

If you're thinking of buying one of these the very least you can do is test out your commute methods at the right times, during school term and see if it's something you can live with, given the house price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

don't kid yourself - this area is appalling. Yes you have traffic congestion in most placed of Dublin but it moves.

I drive across south Dublin through Terenure, Rathgar, Milltown and Donnybrook in rush hour and it's not nearly as bad as this area.

Good to see nothing in this country has really changed - builders are allowed throw up houses in areas that don't have the infrastructure to cope at all.

If you're thinking of buying one of these the very least you can do is test out your commute methods at the right times, during school term and see if it's something you can live with, given the house price.

Why would people test their commute to work? It is much easier to buy, and then complain about it, a lot. Much like the residents of Dodderbrook (just down the road) who now find the walk to the nearest bus stops a chore, poor souls.

Traffic is now also a disaster at times on the weekends, never mind during commuting hours. I've lived here since 2000, so I am allowed to complain :)

An "on only" north silp to the M50 from the top of Stocking Avenue would be a good solution. I heard recently that it was meant to be part of the plan way back in the day when Woodstown was being built, with all the Stocking Avenue estates being planned, but have never seen evidence of it.

As for Ballycullen being in an address, I am on the Firhouse side of the road and my ESB address, and the address of my gaff when I bought it was D16.

I can't actually have the ESB address changed either. I use XXXX, Ballycullen, Firhouse D24. I'm a blowin, so I don't suffer from Dublin address/postcode issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Does anyone know if there’ll be another release of 3beds here?

Advertisement