Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems contacting its4women.ie

Options
  • 23-09-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Its car insurance renewal time and after getting a very high quote from my present insurer, I got an online quote from its4women.ie which seems very good. I wanted to contact them with queries in regard to NCB and protecting it either in full or as a step back option. Tried ringing, online chat and email - all to no avail. Has anybody else had problems contacting them? Luckily enough they're not the only insurers in the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

as far as I know they also own 25plus.ie so you could contact them by that route... its4women is a bad business model now because of the equality ruling that men and women must not be discriminated against regarding insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 villager74

if anyone manages to get in touch with its4women they will automatically be granted the 2014 Nobel prize for communication - we have tried all day using all possible electronic and voice methods - we have wasted our time - save yourself the grief - the saving of a few Euro is not worth it. My heart goes out to everyone who has a policy through its4women - i just dont want to contemplate what a person would have to endure if (god forbid) a claim had to be made with them

they make all the other schemes / brokers seem like a best friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

My wife was with them for 2 years.
    Admin stuff was a nightmare, she wouldn't go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,340 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

According to the website, its4women.ie is arranged and is administered by MCL Insurance Services Ltd

MCL Insurance Services are based in Coleraine - tel. no. (048) 703 25100 which can be dialled as shown from the south i.e. no need to make an international call. The actual number in NI starts with 028 as do all NI landlines but Comreg mandates that all operators in the south allow their customers to dial NI using an area code of 048 with no international prefix.

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/mcl-insurance-services-ltd-coleraine

I'm not saying MCL will deal with queries but if you want to talk to someone, that may be the place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

I've had no issues-as long as you go to :talk to accounting (I think it's option 3) and ask to be connected lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Derinda

Thanks for the top tips! In the end I gave up and arranged my insurance with a different company for an extra 20 euro over the its4women.ie . Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I like to contact the insurance company; preferrably by phone, before handing over my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

i know this is an old post, but if i can save just one person from the grief, that ive had to deal with, with this company, then my place is heaven is guaranteed.

hands down, the absolute worst company to deal with. from their clunky website, to the god awful telephone support. (top tip, anytime the voice message is giving you the spiel, just keep pressing 2)
    the web chat is just as bad.

we were asked to send up a "gap in cover form" that the had sent us, via website. filled out the form, sent it back.
    no reply from them, took 3 attempts (20 mins each time) to get through on the phone.

web chat guy told me, form was accepted, and to call for the changeover.

finally got through to operator, they told us form was not accepted!
    why?
    because THEY had the wrong dates on it.

Nothing we could do over the phone to resolve it.
    ended up cancelling it. told us to send in a letter stating you wanted it close.
    did that.

now wont close it until we send up more info. all of this is done on the portal. you may as well be looking in a black hole.

avoid at all costs. it will save your sanity in the long run.
    go to any company, that has at the very least a phone number, where you can talk to an operator. ITs4women really doesnt care if they talk to you or not.

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare, I hope for your sanity LithiumKid1976 it's resolved soon. I think what we can learn is that when a quote for car insurance is exceptionally lower than others, it may indicate that there is some sort of issue that will drive us customers into a rage later.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Derinda wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds like a nightmare, I hope for your sanity LithiumKid1976 it's resolved soon. I think what we can learn is that when a quote for car insurance is exceptionally lower than others, it may indicate that there is some sort of issue that will drive us customers into a rage later.
    This crowd is a joke I have to take 2 days of work because I can't get through to change my details to a temp car their an absolute joke of a company even their Facebook page is a joke if u send them a message u get an answer the following day saying some1 will contact u their website is no better when my policy is up I'm if

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Common problem with them.

Unfortunately, its a case of you get what you pay for.

Not trying to be smart when I say that, but always use an established broker. Imagine what they would be like in a claims situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ivansky30

Unbelievable is all I have to say and pity I was led by my brain to get insurance with them. Cannot wait till renewal time, may even consider a cancellation in the meantime. Pity I did not check beforehand to see what people were writing about them, why can the regulator not take up the cases of thousands of people they have affected......

DO NOT PURCHASE INSURANCE WITH THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm with them now 3 years never any problem. I renew online have my log in details, my policies are always on line to download and view. A couple of times I've contacted them by phone also, left the message and always got the call back.

I get a new car twice a year and previously was paying admin fees of 30-50 each time I changed adding possibly an extra 100 to my insurance.

Now, I update the details online for no fee and a new cert comes.

I haven't had to claim so can't comment on that but after three years I'm happy with the service so just go provide a balance in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ivansky30

Well I just got another cryptic reply back while trying to get a new cert and disc, they claimed they sent on 19/06, they did but this was for another registration number and not mine.....I had advised of the correct registration number on 27/05 and despite several messages they are still claiming they sent me the policy and disc.....ON THE 19/05, I can see in the message train that the agent is clearly not reading the messages or does not understand plain English.......

Ivansky30 wrote: »
    .... they did but this was for another registration number and not mine.......

They sent you somebody else's insurance disc?! Wow, just wow - whatever database they're using must be full of errors. I get the feeling that there's very few actual human beings working in this place and the ones that are fairly sloppy about accuracy. Hope you manage to get out of this with your sanity intact Ivansky30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I've a story about 25plus.ie also - which I believe is the same company..

I used them 2 or 3 years ago but my online portal still works - I logged in there last month and I can see a bunch of correspondence for other customers.. loads of letters with personal details.. I contacted 25plus.ie and I got no response so then I contacted AIG (underwriters) and had a response saying there was someone handling my query and that they were perplexed why no one from compliance at 25plus contacted me - 2 weeks on I've not heard a thing since and I can still see the letters for those other customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd run a mile from these tbh....

I took out a policy a couple of years ago, and while making a query about something else (made with difficulty as it's nigh on impossible to get to speak to a human being) discovered that the "driving other cars" extension is severely limited. It's in the policy as "in emergency circumstances only" or some such wording.

When I queried that, they couldn't or wouldn't define what an emergency circumstance might be. As I would regularly drive other family members' cars, this was clearly no use and rang all sorts of alarm bells - it struck me as being a handy get-out clause for them in the case of a claim.

I cancelled the policy and got most of my premium back as it was early on in the policy.

Between that small-print stuff, and the near-impossibility of getting to talk to anyone - even the online chat was difficult to use - I've returned to brokers since then, and am happy to pay a little bit more for the privilege of dealing with actual humans based in Dublin.

(although I couldn't say for sure that I am paying more, as I don't even seek quotes from online insurers any more)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 grainne whale

They are a 'cowboy outfit' I have supplied all the documentation that they required and they have debited my Credit Card account on 15th of this month - but have not sent my certificate or disk - i will have some trouble if stopped by the Gardai. With regard to making a complaint, they have listed various organisation that deal with this - however the adresses are listed (Molesworth St and Dame Street) as being in Letterkenny - What sort of people do they employ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

They are a 'cowboy outfit' I have supplied all the documentation that they required and they have debited my Credit Card account on 15th of this month - but have not sent my certificate or disk - i will have some trouble if stopped by the Gardai. With regard to making a complaint, they have listed various organisation that deal with this - however the adresses are listed (Molesworth St and Dame Street) as being in Letterkenny - What sort of people do they employ ?
    I agree with u cant get them on tbe phone wont call back wint amswer fb page a bloody disaster of a company

They really are a bunch of idiots - they contacted me about my renewal (car insurance) but instead issued me with a new policy - I had to contact them again as 'The Statement of Fact' was incorrect - very unprofessional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

They really are a bunch of idiots - they contacted me about my renewal (car insurance) but instead issued me with a new policy - I had to contact them again as 'The Statement of Fact' was incorrect - very unprofessional.

Chill are Brokers, not an Insurance Company. Is it possible they were moving you to a new insurer for the coming year?

• Advertisement

I wasn't referring to Chill, I was referring to its4women - a very unprofessional insurance company. The topic here is 'problems contacting its4women'. I have had dealing with Chill and I have found them fine - except that they bombard you with email & texts afterwards !!

I wasn't referring to Chill, I was referring to its4women - a very unprofessional insurance company. The topic here is 'problems contacting its4women'. I have had dealing with Chill and I have found them fine - except that they bombard you with email & texts afterwards !!

Apologies. Its4women are brokers too, just like Chill, so the same scenario applies.

Ok you win - good luck - but please have a look at what this topic is about

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marykanga

I have to agree with other contributors here with regards to difficulty in communicating with Its4women. I just had a lengthy and unsuccessful/unrewarding conversation with a staff member of mcl insurance who handle policies with Its4women. This is the last time I'll take out insurance with them. It was like talking to a robot. No appreciation of the customer who's paying good money for their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Warrior1916

DO NOT BUY CAR INSURANCE WITH ITS4WOMEN THEY WILL SEND YOU AN INVITE TO RENEW AND TELL YOU ABOUT COMPULSORY EXCESS WHEN YOU PAY YOUR PREMIUM THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THAT THEY WRITE INTO THE POLICY A VOLUNTARY EXCESS AS WELL...YOU BUY IN GOOD FAITH THAT YOU HAVE A €450 EXCESS AND THEN THEY CHARGE YOU ANOTHER €450 AS THEY SAY YOU AGREE TO AN VOLUNTARY EXCESS.....

THE INVITE TO RENEW AND THE STATEMENT OF FACT MAKES NO MENTION OF A VOLUNTARY EXCESS....

YOU CANNOT GET THROUGH TO THEM AS THEY ARE IN DERRY...THEIR STAFF ARE NOT CIP QUALIFIED AS THEY ARE CLASSED AS A UK COMPANY AND NOT AN IRISH COMPANY SO THEY DON'T NEED TO PASS INSURANCE EXAMS AS PER THEIR IRISH COUNTERPARTS

Voluntary excesses are always in addition to the standard compulsory excess with all insurers

UK Insurance professionals qualify via The Chartered Insurance Institute in London, the Worlds oldest and most prestigious. I have little regard for the Irish Insurance Institutes qualification (just my opinion)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

STOP SHOUTING AT OLD THREADS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement