Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Connect EV Registration and Issues

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I'm having trouble registering my vin on the site... It's not a new car, it's a 151. I'm getting the following error:

Anyone else having this problem? Or is it because they have blocked the service while they fix their security issue?

2015 models and previous models use Nissan carwings , 2016 models use Nissan connect EV. ( which is different to Nissan connect )

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seamo18

I have the issue where it dest to the page where it says add leaf and it just freezes their ? any idea what to do from their ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

seamo18 wrote: »
    I have the issue where it dest to the page where it says add leaf and it just freezes their ? any idea what to do from their ?

contact nissan support as per email address above.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

contact nissan support as per email address above.

I had no trouble setting up a Nissan Connect account on the website, but it would not accept my VIN. Thanks to the advice in this thread, I contacted Nissan support. They "unblocked" the car, so that I could "add vehicle".

They said Safari on MacOS does not properly display the necessary buttons for adding the vehicle. I tried Chrome, no better. Using MS Edge on Windows 10 was fine. The vehicle is now added and I can access using Nissan Connect EV app on iOS (at least, I can read some battery data and geolocate the car, haven't tested anything else).

Oddly, using the same login credentials, on the website "My Garage" is still empty. So, I cannot access any details about the car on the website. Is this expected behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I know this is an old thread, but it's one of the first Google results for this issue. I had the issue with the EV Connect app not allowing me to login with a newly imported Leaf from the UK, I contact Nissan at the email address above, they were super helpful and provided the following instructions which worked first time, the EV Connect app is now working for me!

1. First go to http://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.html Register Now:
    2. Enter your VIN number>validate> and then you will be taken to the next page enter details into the form; please remember to click the terms and conditions.
    3. You will now be taken to the CARWINGS OVERVIEW, please click on YES! SUBCRIBE TO CARWINGS
    4. Please accept the terms and conditions at the very bottom>VALIDATE
    5. You will now be asked to fill in MY CARWINGS SERVICES details, create a vehicle display name and add another email, fill in a question and answer > click CONFIRM
    6. All your Carwings details will be on the screen, accept the terms and condition>Click VALIDATE
    7. CONGRATULATIONS! Message will appear, you are now half way there. You will receive 2 emails; one is a confirmation of registration and the other is the activation of your Carwings which usually takes up to between 2-24hours. If you don’t get anything after 24 hours please contact customer services.

After you receive the second email please go to your vehicle and do the following:

Steps:
    Push Zero Emission button.
    Touch CARWINGS.
    Touch security settings.
    Touch Activate CARWINGS.
    Touch User ID. Note: User ID and password are case sensitive.
    Enter User ID and touch OK.
    Touch Password.
    Enter password and touch OK.
    Touch Activate Security Settings.
    Confirm and touch Yes.

Please make sure that once you have pressed the Zero Emission button a white car symbol shows up on the top right of your head unit. If the Car symbol is grey this means that you are in a location with no signal.

In addition to this, if the car logo is grey with a line through it or what appears to be an axe, this means you will need to contact your local dealer and have your TCU head unit reset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement