Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draught beer at home THE SUB from Heineken

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Find me an article about it that isn't from the big PR blitz they did in summer 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gar32 wrote: »
    There is a bag inside the torp which is deflated as you use it. The air pump keeps the beer without air unlike an half filled beer bottle.

ah right, from your link
    When it's time to pour, the HomeTap pushes air into the plastic bottle. This puts pressure on the bag inside, squeezing the beer out through the tap and into your glass. Air never touches the beer, so the suds stays fresh for up to two weeks.

In your case you are pouring the beer in and exposing it to air, and I imagine air would be in the bag too. It would take 4x500ml bottles to fill it. If you were in the habit of only drinking 250ml at a time every second day, then I would sooner go down the recapping route. I image on day 15 or 16 the recapped bottle from just a day or 2 ago would be better than the final 250ml glass from the Torp filled 2 weeks ago.

If I was in the habit of drinking half bottles I would keep a second smaller bottle and pour into it to the brim and cap it. People might do this with wine, with beer it would also keep the carbonation better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So 6 months later it's down from £180 to £49? Yeah these things are popular alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

I contacted the people behind the Sub in the UK only recently and they have no plans to release over here in the immediate future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can see the point for Guinness but Heineken (beer in general) is pretty much the same from a tap or a can. There's a slight difference but nothing worth doubling or tripling the price for!
    Super valu were selling 12 cans of Carlsberg for a tenner last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Such an amusing asortment of unbelievably happy people doing incredibly fun things!

It's not overpriced beer. It's a lifestyle.

Amazon may post to Ireland but they don't have the choice the Sub site has.

Some torps going for €20 each here in Germany. Madness !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Amazon may post to Ireland but they don't have the choice the Sub site has.

Some torps going for €20 each here in Germany. Madness !!!

It's almost as if they're trying to get rid of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Wouldn't mind one of those perfect draft yokes

tripel_k_multi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crowirl

I've just bought one at the £49 offer. At the moment I plan on buying Torp refills from the UK through parcel motel. Does anyone know any other way of getting them in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Crowirl wrote: »
    I've just bought one at the £49 offer. At the moment I plan on buying Torp refills from the UK through parcel motel. Does anyone know any other way of getting them in the republic?

Parcel Motel are super strict with alcohol deliveries. You’d being doing well to get more than one through.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Parcel Motel are super strict with alcohol deliveries. You’d being doing well to get more than one through.

Use addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Use addresspal?

Similar restrictions. No liquids and would probably have an issue of a pressurised container of that size.

And that is before the excise duty & vat issues.

BaZmO* wrote: »

Sh!te hadn't considered that :/ hopefully they deliver the appliance we'll see... I can always bring the Torps back from the continent as I travel a lot, but hadn't considered the liquids issue :(

See if Amazon.de will deliver for you as VAT on beer here is very low. I have seen the 6 liter kegs for €20.

I order from a German website that sells kegs  from as low as €15 .although the nicer beers can be double that price. Shipping for 4 kegs is just over €25
    Can you share the name of that website?

See if Amazon.de will deliver for you as VAT on beer here is very low. I have seen the 6 liter kegs for €20.

I order from a German website that sells kegs  from as low as €15 .although the nicer beers can be double that price. Shipping for 4 kegs is just over €25
    https://uk.the-sub.com/ ;  

Seems Amazon seller is not selling at the moment :(  Just the machine with 2 torps 

Try different countries amazon & Sub

Seems Amazon seller is not selling at the moment :(  Just the machine with 2 torps 

I was actually asking about the other site (the German website that sells kegs  from as low as €15 ).
    My Sub and Torps arrived just fine :D

GI was actually asking about the other site - the "German website that sells kegs from as low as €15".

My Sub and Torps arrived just fine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

Anyone still using their Sub? How are you finding it? Any tips on where to get either the machine itself or the torps please?

Advertisement