Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have they got 4g data yet? One of their plans mentions 4g data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Were you talking to an Irish person or someone in India. The damsel I got for a query I had was the latter and eventually hung up on me:mad:

No it was an Asian sounding lady. Seemed quite intolerant that there was a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

irishchris wrote: »
    No it was an Asian sounding lady. Seemed quite intolerant that there was a problem

We must've got the same one:D:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

We must've got the same one:D:D:D.

Think I got her too and going on these reviews I reckon their customer service is a one person operation :(

NATLOR wrote: »
    Think I got her too and going on these reviews I reckon their customer service is a one person operation :(

Jeez that it some seriously bad score ratings for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you order a SIM with a bundle, how do you port and when does the 30 days start that you pay for when ordering? Lastly, is the 20% a once off or every month?

TheDriver wrote: »
    If you order a SIM with a bundle, how do you port and when does the 30 days start that you pay for when ordering? Lastly, is the 20% a once off or every month?

Excellent questions, would like to know answers myself if anyone here knows?

You go to their website.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/transfer-your-number-to-lycamobile-and-receive-€10-top-up!

I ported a number and it was ported over within an hour or so.

20% is only off the purchase of the bundle this month, unless the code still works in 30 days time.

Only gripe I have with lyca is the inability to call customers on iD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

do you get for 15 euro , all texts any network , 20 GB ? Any network calls ...without restriction?..30 day rolling contract?

that link is dead

• Advertisement

do you get for 15 euro , all texts any network , 20 GB ? Any network calls ...without restriction?..30 day rolling contract?

that link is dead

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=NT

Yep. The big question is how long the 20% off lasts:D

Yep. The big question is how long the 20% off lasts:D

The 20% off will only work once as its for new customers only

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

So do u buy sim and 15 bundle for 12 online, then port number when it arrives? When does 30 days start for that bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere!! I'm moving to Germany in a couple of weeks and want a prepaid service until the new iPhone is out in September - I'll get a contract over there at that stage.

Can I use the minutes and texts to call home AND the countries on the list??

So do u buy sim and 15 bundle for 12 online, then port number when it arrives? When does 30 days start for that bundle?

The 30 days kicks in once you activate the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Do all MVNOs on the Three network ban/enforce/stop tethering?
    Tesco Mobile are still on the original O2 network as I understand it and allow tethering.

Those are great data deals for those who don't use tethering.

Do all MVNOs on the Three network ban/enforce/stop tethering?
    Tesco Mobile are still on the original O2 network as I understand it and allow tethering.

Those are great data deals for those who don't use tethering.

Not sure about all but iD don't stop tethering. They actually encourage it going on the advertising of their new deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I used non-Irish Lyca sims and it seems they have general policy of blocking tethering, nothing to do with network they use here.

So i'm looking to port my number and on the form its asking for a 19 digit number from my current sim (48) but the number on the sim is only 13 digits and a letter has anyone had the same issue and what did you do? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Have been in Spain for the last 10days using the free roaming and a 1gb data bundle for 12. Speed is decent enough - getting about 4 to 5 Mb/s. Very impressed so far. Planning to port from TM when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Can you call numbers in Spain or is it just Irish numbers that are included??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have been in Spain for the last 10days using the free roaming and a 1gb data bundle for 12. Speed is decent enough - getting about 4 to 5 Mb/s. Very impressed so far. Planning to port from TM when I get back.
    Did you have to change the APN for the data connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I can't get past the part where you put in the discount code "LYCA20" JUST STOPS ..I hope network is good! No answer on Twitter...either .. hate to try to have to be contacting them ...

So i'm looking to port my number and on the form its asking for a 19 digit number from my current sim (48) but the number on the sim is only 13 digits and a letter has anyone had the same issue and what did you do? Thanks

Got sorted,anyone else looking to do this you just enter the 13 numbers and leave out the letter.
    The number was moved in ten minutes and all seems good

Install this and it will give you the 19 digit number

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.ale32thebest.simserialnumber

I went to port last night and set it for 8am to port but still has not happened. Anyone know the max time it takes?

I can't get past the part where you put in the discount code "LYCA20" JUST STOPS ..I hope network is good! No answer on Twitter...either .. hate to try to have to be contacting them ...

Would not work for me either. I rang them and they twice told me worked fine their end using my email address. Yet evwrtime I tried it would come up invalid promo code at top of page. Gave up in end

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

irishchris wrote: »
    Install this and it will give you the 19 digit number

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.ale32thebest.simserialnumber

I went to port last night and set it for 8am to port but still has not happened. Anyone know the max time it takes?

set it to port for 13:30 today and it ported right on time. Maybe some of your details were incorrect. Might be best to follow up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 footballrusty

If anyone can help.... I gave my notice to 3 (i'm on a 30 day rolling contract) to sign up for this offer. If i sign up now, can I port my number over immediately or do I have to wait until the end of my 3 contract in 30 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

no reception showing up on sim. need it to access my number to port across

Advertisement