Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Discount Codes [Do not ask for codes!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

This code isn’t live yet but I will probably forget by the time Monday comes around.

15% of all Irish Rail online bookings made between Monday 7th to Thursday 10th December
    Code: FAFD2801

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This code isn’t live yet but I will probably forget by the time Monday comes around.

15% of all Irish Rail online bookings made between Monday 7th to Thursday 10th December
    Code: FAFD2801

Already posted in the Irish Rail discount codes thread here: http://www.boards.ie/thread/2056915408/20

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

baktag wrote: »
    Promotion Code: FAFD2801

We are giving all staff a promotion code to distribute amongst friends and family. To
    avail of the 15% discount off of all www.irishrail.ie bookings from Monday 7th to
    Thursday 10th December (inclusive) simply enter Promotion Code: FAFD2801 on the
    payment page of www.irishrail.ie

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donfanzu

This baby worked, thank you. Bumping it up there for other folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

That 15% off came in really handy for me today, a nice saving!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

garbeth wrote: »
    I would think you have to book on those dates

I made a booking for the 1st of January and promo code worked the dates you travel don't matter it would seem. You just need to book within those dates to avail of the discount.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

FAFD2801 is still working thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

^^^^^^^

What does that get you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

myshirt wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

What does that get you?

Promotion Code: FAFD2801

We are giving all staff a promotion code to distribute amongst friends and family. To
    avail of the 15% discount off of all www.irishrail.ie bookings from Monday 7th to
    Thursday 10th December (inclusive) simply enter Promotion Code: FAFD2801 on the
    payment page of www.irishrail.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Itchy Lot

Is this not working for anyone else? Any time I put the code in it just seem to load for a second and then nothing happens. It doesn't tell me it's invalid but it doesn't take the discount off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Itchy Lot wrote: »
    Is this not working for anyone else? Any time I put the code in it just seem to load for a second and then nothing happens. It doesn't tell me it's invalid but it doesn't take the discount off.

I literally booked a few minutes ago and it worked fine.

Thanks,
    M

OK thanks, I'll try again - not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Well I changed browsers from Chrome to IE and it worked! Curious isn't it! Thanks OP too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks to the people who posted the latest code! I just saved roughly 7 quid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

If you book say a train for 4pm but miss it, will the ticket be valid for the 5pm train granted there are seats on it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes but you'll have to pay a surcharge. There's something to that effect in the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

New Home wrote: »
    Yes but you'll have to pay a surcharge. There's something to that effect in the terms and conditions.

Thanks New Home, the machine will still give you a ticket even though the time has passed when you go to collect it? (ie go to machine to collect ticket at 4.15pm when I have paid for 4pm train)?

I wouldn't know for certain, but I suppose so, considering you've paid for it. You might have to go to either the ticketing desk or the customer service area to have your ticket amended and to pay the difference, or if they're closed you might have to pay on the train. Unless you have to travel at 'stupid o'clock' tomorrow morning, why don't you give them a ring? I'm sure any station should be able to give you the information you need, if the phone queues are too long in the main stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

There is no issue with collecting the ticket from the machine after the time has passed. I paid the surcharge, €10, at the ticket office and they issued a supplementary ticket. This only applies for travel on the same day, otherwise the booked ticket isn't valid. if no ticket office open I imagine yu can pay on the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

juansheet wrote: »
    If you book say a train for 4pm but miss it, will the ticket be valid for the 5pm train granted there are seats on it?

I went on an earlier train before than on my ticket, went to the ticket sales window to ask how much it was to change and the man told me to jump on, ticket was checked by an inspector on the journey and nothing said.

Sono wrote: »
    I went on an earlier train before than on my ticket, went to the ticket sales window to ask how much it was to change and the man told me to jump on, ticket was checked by an inspector on the journey and nothing said.

That was lucky! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Missed a train recently because a Luas didn't turn up. Explained to the lads on the platform and they had no bother leaving me on the next train no mention of surcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Missed a train recently because a Luas didn't turn up. Explained to the lads on the platform and they had no bother leaving me on the next train no mention of surcharge.

I missed a train once and the guy in the ticket sales desk said I could get on the next one at no extra cost. Then the ticket inspector tried to charge me €10 on the train. I kicked up a fuss and he let me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Getting alerts advising of new posts in thread. No sign of Bargain alerts/codes. Keep on topic, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Get 20% off your online bookings!

Simply enter discount code ienl2803 on www.irishrail.ie at payment page to get 20% off before midnight Wednesday 13th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

baktag wrote: »

Get 20% off your online bookings!

Simply enter discount code IENL2803 on www.irishrail.ie at payment page to get 20% off before midnight Wednesday 13th April.

Not working for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

stamjoe wrote: »
    Not working for me anyway.

You using CAPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

You using CAPS?

Used as how it was printed here but I'll try lowercase.

"ienl2803" - spot on worked in lowercase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Would've thought they'd do a discount for the upcoming bank holiday weekend, still time I suppose.

Advertisement