Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Job Vacancies - New Job Postings Only - NO INFO REQUESTS ON-THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

cantdecide wrote: »
    Lot of work going in Abtran at the moment. You might even say I'm starting there tomorrow myself :)

What kind of jobs are they offering is it not mostly sales or customer service type jobs?

Hope you getting on ok there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

doovdela wrote: »
    What kind of jobs are they offering is it not mostly sales or customer service type jobs?

Hope you getting on ok there.

Been there four and a half months in the RSA account. It's back room admin work processing the licences for the network of NDLS offices. The money is the only bad thing about the job as far as I'm concerned. It's not a job I'll keep forever but I've had waaaaaay worse jobs.

I'm sure I'm one of the lucky few that managed to avoid the phone/ customer care jobs. There are lots of different accounts and there's a lot of scope to move around if you want. If you're ambitious, there are worse places you could work too tbh- there is a strong culture of cross training. Hell, a job is a job and I know the pain of not having work or only having short term contracts and the like. I was permanent from the start so I have nothing to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 akinesia

Hi all!

I'm starting a new job next month so my current job is now up for grabs if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might suit?

Job:

Visual UI / Web Designer (emphasis on the visual & graphic side of things but a bit of frontend dev skills wouldn't go astray either)

Fermoy, Co. Cork (office moving to Cork City this year though)

Salary: DOE

It's a full time position too - let me know if you're interested or have any questions and I'll send you on the full job spec.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Silver Quay in Ballinlough are looking for staff. Check out their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cailinban.toc

Hi there. I am looking for 3 hairdressers to rent chairs in my salon. These are self-employed positions so the hairdressers will be able to decide the days and hours they will work. The only things they will have to supply is their own insurance, towels and colours - everything else is covered in the weekly rent. I am offering €100 worth of hair and/or beauty treatments/products to anyone who can find me a hairdresser - they have to be out there somewhere!!!!
    The salon is in Cork Cities south side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Coqbull in the city centre are looking for waiting staff at the moment.

Heard on the radio the drive in cinema is looking for a projector operator.. might be nice job to have over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Bróg is looking for bar staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Palmento in Douglas are looking for full & part-time floor staff. They've a post on their Facebook page with an email address to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Cosmo Events Cork is looking for someone experienced in events management to run underaged events in Cork City for 6 months.

They need someone who is social Media savvy and can constantly push the event. Not a full time job roughly 8 hours a week.

They can offer a wage or a spilt in each event. Email: Cosmoeventscork@gmail.com

• Advertisement

I was just going to post to say this Cosmo job seems interesting for the correct person. It may have been you Davie I was emailing. Worth a look people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Jack and Jones in Mahon point is looking for a Manager, and I think Diesel? (Not the shop that is closing down!) Is looking for a sales advisor,

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

Hi guys,
    I'm planning on moving to Cork from Waterford in September to get a job. I'm just finished college and need to start hopefully full time work. In general, in your opinion is there much employment opportunities in the city?most of my experience is in retail.Don't know if I'm wasting my time moving down or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Sign up with a recruitment agency in cork city and Waterford as well. Hand out CV's to shops or if you there for the day look around and see if they posted on windows if they are hiring or speak with the manager of shops that be of interest to you. Online search is another option. indeed.ie is good for retail jobs. Mr Price/dealz might be hiring. Be wary of places with high turn over of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just for anyone, Laya Healthcare are hiring for Customer Service Advisors

https://www.layahealthcare.ie/workingforlayahealthcare/currentvacancies/

Disclaimer: I work there. It's a good place to work.

Position is marked as seasonal (would have a contract for September to May really due to training before being allowed take calls), but nearly everyone has been kept on in these positions before. Saturday work will be involved (albeit like once a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

The Pandora shop in Mahon are looking for part-time and full-time sales assistants. Sales experience required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Cafe Serendipity on Western road looking for staff.
    "We're hiring Full and Part-time Staff now.
    Must have experience. Email CV to
    serendipitycork @ mail.com"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ramen are looking for full time floor staff in their Douglas location which should be opening soon where La Lavanda & the Tearooms used to be.

https://twitter.com/ramenathome/status/639459283726397440

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

Could be crazy enough to work!
    This may be an opportunity to earn an extra few euros.

We have a “no work” project in Fermoy. Client has just built an environmental clean room and we need a number of bodies who will remain in the clean room for 12 hour shifts purely to test how the room copes with people. There is absolutely no work involved and staff are welcome to sleep. I am not sure yet if music ipods or phone are allowed. Transport to / from Cork, Cashel, Thurles etc can be arranged.

Need 29 bodies for 4 twelve hour days (08:00 – 20:00) starting on Monday October 12th. €459.83 for 4 days

Need a further 53 bodies for 4 twelve hour nights (20:00 – 08:00) starting on Sunday October 11th. €528.81

Register at email address below

Reception@cork.network-personnel.com

• Advertisement

Argos are looking for Christmas staff again in Mahon Point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Milly33 wrote: »
    Argos are looking for Christmas staff again in Mahon Point

Can't see the Mahon store on their site. Only the Blackpool store.

Maybe give them a ring they had little flyers at the collection desk last night

Full & part time Bar staff, full time waiting staff and Full time Chef. Experience an advantage but not essential. Candidate must have an outgoing and friendly personality, must be hard working, willing to learn .This position will cover day time and evening hours and requires flexibility. Candidate must have a fluent command of the English language. Apply within or email your cv to silverkeyjob@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 84,822 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fota Hotel were looking for Christmas staff for Fota Wish

wish I lived closer would love to do something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Both rooster pil pil and the Wylam at Victoria Cross have signs up for staff. Also a sign up in bishopstown dunnes (small) re a local school looking for a Secretary.

Just got an email from Ocean to City group saying they are looking for

Meitheal Mara invites applications for the temporary, part-time position of Marketing and Administrative Officer for the Cork Harbour Festival. This is a temporary position incorporating the equivalent of 24 hours per week for the duration of 20 weeks, between 1 February - 18 June 2016. Flexibility with regards the distribution of hours will be required in order to meet the demands of the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

titan18 wrote: »
    Just for anyone, Laya Healthcare are hiring for Customer Service Advisors

https://www.layahealthcare.ie/workingforlayahealthcare/currentvacancies/

Disclaimer: I work there. It's a good place to work.

Position is marked as seasonal (would have a contract for September to May really due to training before being allowed take calls), but nearly everyone has been kept on in these positions before. Saturday work will be involved (albeit like once a month)

Hi,

Just for anyone, Laya are hiring again

Most likely taking new people on end of June to start of August if anyone was interested in applying. It's a good place to work and decent room to move within the company after a year or so on the phones.

Advertisement