Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VII: The Fan-base Awakens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Think we should have Costello and Ferris championing - sorry, "commentating" - on this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Rain forecast at the minute for Friday night for Dublin. There is another why Leinster should be confident given their edge up front. Ulster are a dry ball team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bilston wrote: »
    Rain forecast at the minute for Friday night for Dublin. There is another why Leinster should be confident given their edge up front. Ulster are a dry ball team.

The roof will be closed

• Administrators Posts: 53,558 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

bilston wrote: »

Forecasting the weather 4 days out in Ireland? You may as well just toss a coin. Remember last weeks heatwave that amounted to 2 hours of sunshine one afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I'm owed at least one end of season sunglasses game in the RDS dammit

• Advertisement

Remember that the Luas is on strike again tomorrow. Traffic will be mental. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

15. Isa Nacewa (148) CAPTAIN
    14. Dave Kearney (101)
    13. Garry Ringrose (20)
    12. Ben Te'o (38)
    11. Luke Fitzgerald (152)
    10. Johnny Sexton (124)
    9. Eoin Reddan (138)
    1. Jack McGrath (93)
    2. Richard Strauss (129)
    3. Mike Ross (133)
    4. Devin Toner (181)
    5. Mick Kearney (7)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (111)
    7. Jordi Murphy (78)
    8. Jamie Heaslip (215)

16. Sean Cronin (112)
    17. Peter Dooley (19)
    18. Tadhg Furlong (49)
    19. Ross Molony (21)
    20. Jack Conan (29)
    21. Luke McGrath (48)
    22. Ian Madigan (145)
    23. Zane Kirchner (63

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Luuuuuuukkkke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Conan is more than welcome back.

Dave Hat Trick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jack Conan out of absolutely nowhere.

awec wrote: »
    Remember that the Luas is on strike again tomorrow. Traffic will be mental. :mad:

It's a very late game. Should be okay. I had to sell my ticket, work thing means I'll probably kiss it. Im gutted the teams look class.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,291 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

do you think parking would be available on anglesea road at about 6:30 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bench should have a nice bit of impact.

Ulster team and replacements to play Leinster, Guinness PRO12 play-off, Friday 20th May, RDS Arena (kick-off 7.45pm):
    (15-9): J Payne; A Trimble, L Marshall, S McCloskey, C Gilroy; P Jackson, R Pienaar;
    (1-8): C Black, R Best (c), R Lutton, P Browne, F van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, S Reidy;
    Replacements (16-23): R Herring, K McCall, A Warwick, R Diack, R Wilson, P Marshall, S Olding, D Cave.

Ulster playing Payne out of position again. Tut tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

This is a tough one to call. Ulsters forwards have been in good form, which reduces the gap with ours at the moment. Their back line is clearly better. On the bench we're clearly better from 16-21, but they are clearly better at 22 & 23. Home advantage + our respective forms in play-off games count in our favour, but I'm not hugely confident.

Of course then there's Luke at 11. Having himself and Isa hitting the line will give Sexton more options and should make us less predictable. If we can use the 2 lads and Te'o to tie down a few men in midfield we might be able to open some space for Ringrose. There is potential there....

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Leinster by 50! Come on lads!!!!

Leinster by 50! Come on lads!!!!

Hi Victor!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

SoB getting another surgery on his hamstring. It can't be good that he was already back in training and now has to go for another one.

At this stage we really should be looking at him as a luxury rather than a necessity. Build the team with other back rows in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I'm happy with that team, the best we could have named with the injuries we have.

Not sure their backline is as superior as some might think, but then I'm not sure our pack is going to be completely dominant either.

Leinster are 3-point favourites with Paddy Power. Probably about right given home advantage but it's going to be very tight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    do you think parking would be available on anglesea road at about 6:30 ?
    Leinster / The RDS / someone tweeted the other day to say that the Luas was on strike and that there are several events running in the RDS on Friday, so they're expecting a higher than normal amount of cars in the area on the day and much less car parking availability as a result. You might get lucky, but you may be better parking somewhere on a public transport line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Not happy with Reddan over McGrath. Otherwise the best we could hope for. Fitzgerald back (if he actually takes the field) is a huge bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Just saw highlights of the 11/12 HCup final posted by the Leinster facebook page. Great to watch and remember the good old days, but equally depressing!

Here is hoping we can pull something together against Ulster tomorrow, but I got to say I am not confident.

Everyone fill in that Leinster season ticket survey they have sent out and be sure to give the food and beverage pricing the lowest score possible. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,291 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sullivlo wrote: »
    Leinster / The RDS / someone tweeted the other day to say that the Luas was on strike and that there are several events running in the RDS on Friday, so they're expecting a higher than normal amount of cars in the area on the day and much less car parking availability as a result. You might get lucky, but you may be better parking somewhere on a public transport line.

thanks

might just park in monstown and get the dart in

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thanks

might just park in monstown and get the dart in

That'd be way easier tbh.

Also means you'll be able to drown your sorrows after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Everyone fill in that Leinster season ticket survey they have sent out and be sure to give the food and beverage pricing the lowest score possible. :)

The announcer....hmm....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Chuckled when I saw them asking to rate the announcer.

But yeah, it's kinda annoying when your choices of grub are 2 over priced and under portioned fish and chip trucks, an over priced (for) Eddie Rockets and an under supplied hot dog stand....

• Advertisement

I gave the announcer the highest score.

Sure he is really weird and talks funny but he's enthusiastic and easy to understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement