Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Why did you have to post that RAAM -honestly the only bike I would pick over mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Raam wrote: »
    the cause of drool

Winner, we have a winner, lock it up, thread can't be improved, that's it, the internet is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

stecleary wrote: »
    Winner, we have a winner, lock it up, thread can't be improved, that's it, the internet is over!

No, no, no, not until someone cuts a bit off the front brake inner cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Eamonnator wrote: »
    No, no, no, not until someone cuts a bit off the front brake inner cable.

And cleared the pebbles from the path while they're at it. tch..

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    And cleared the pebbles from the path while they're at it. tch..

Ah lads / ladies - this is a lovely pic of a great bike, ye are too picky.

Actually,those valves are mismatched - remove this image forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sorry, but the rims are too shallow for that fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I thought all images of beauty had to use a spanking clean kitchen as its background

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Dont like it. Yeah i know, i'm weird. Not a colnago fan at all. Never understood the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭Thud

not a fan of the airbrush designs, much prefer the plain c60:
    16285350023_3b1e2102aa_o.jpg?1428665572

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

manafana wrote: »
    I thought all images of beauty had to use a spanking clean kitchen as its background
    wow Scrappy600, talk about pissing on people's shoes! your opinion may not go down well with others, IMHO, the colnago in question is nothing spectacular & I have to agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Much prefer the matt black C60. Earlier one had me in a state of "meh."

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

Built last night in a shed in Kildare for a friend ...
    7kg

7kg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Much prefer the matt black C60. Earlier one had me in a state of "meh."

i love colnagos but the art decor look (particularly in the purple) is at odds with the particularly modern look of the sculpted 60 lugs. the block colour suits the frame better imo. Overall though i prefer the C59, think its a far superior colnago aesthetically, more elegant than the more angular c60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

7kg

Picture not working for me unfortunately!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not cracked about Colnagos myself. I must be a youngster with no refinement or class, but I find them a bit boring for my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Pierre-Rolland-Colnago-V1-R.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

^^^^ Raam - that's pretty much perfect. Love the wheels and everything works together like how it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

25824562814_55d41c6cb8_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

I'll be asking you to choose and buy my next bike, you seem to know what I like better than me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

i love colnagos but the art decor look (particularly in the purple) is at odds with the particularly modern look of the sculpted 60 lugs. the block colour suits the frame better imo. Overall though i prefer the C59, think its a far superior colnago aesthetically, more elegant than the more angular c60.

I only liked the art decor paint jobs on the thin tubed steel frames.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Not cracked about Colnagos myself. I must be a youngster with no refinement or class, but I find them a bit boring for my tastes.

I completely agree. They are generally quite bland IMO. I couldn't give a steel Colnago frame away in the early 2000s, wasn't fashionable enough yet.

The new aero Colnago is not bad looking. I like my carbon bicycles to look unique.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

letape wrote: »
    ^^^^ Raam - that's pretty much perfect. Love the wheels and everything works together like how it should.

that a team issue europcar Cologno I hope

letape wrote: »
    Picture not working for me unfortunately!

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sorry

Nice. :)

I'd have gone with different bar tape (to busy) and I just don't get the gold chains.

Sorry

mortal sin putting shimano on that bike imo…. :(

mortal sin putting shimano on that bike imo…. :(

Did you put campag on your c60?

Did you put campag on your c60?

still an outstanding bike by any accounts, but when I was in the USA, any italian bike was frowned upon if it didn't have Campy…… http://seacroftwheelers.myfreeforum.org/archive/classic-colnago-with-shimano-right-or-wrong__o_t__t_734.html

but that;s just an opinion and campy is not as popular in Ireland as in the USA….. I'll swap you :)

still an outstanding bike by any accounts, but when I was in the USA, any italian bike was frowned upon if it didn't have Campy…… http://seacroftwheelers.myfreeforum.org/archive/classic-colnago-with-shimano-right-or-wrong__o_t__t_734.html

but that;s just an opinion and campy is not as popular in Ireland as in the USA….. I'll swap you :)

I asked as I wondered where you were coming from that's all ..
    Bikes not actually mine but a friend who prefers shimano for years ..
    Im a campy fan ... A die hard one..
    BUT .. I have a c59 and I too put DA 9000 on it as after riding it I was blown away by its performance ..
    I think if your spending the coin my pal did on the 60 you'd be better served putting the best you can afford on it .. And right now I reckon that's DA ..
    I had SR on my previous EPS and in all honesty it wasn't as good as the DA ..
    It's that simple for me in my old age ..
    ( I do have a c40 with campag though ;-))

• Advertisement

I asked as I wondered where you were coming from that's all ..
    Bikes not actually mine but a friend who prefers shimano for years ..
    Im a campy fan ... A die hard one..
    BUT .. I have a c59 and I too put DA 9000 on it as after riding it I was blown away by its performance ..
    I think if your spending the coin my pal did on the 60 you'd be better served putting the best you can afford on it .. And right now I reckon that's DA ..
    I had SR on my previous EPS and in all honesty it wasn't as good as the DA ..
    It's that simple for me in my old age ..
    ( I do have a c40 with campag though ;-))

That's good to know, I am very happy with the DA on my bike as well, even the Ultegra 6800 on my winter bike is great , but hearing it from someone who has had both makes it a good decision-I guess its more like bike poser stuff, but you've explained it and justified it for me :)

The c59 is a beauty too drool……

Post a pic of the c40?

Advertisement