Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adele

Options
  • 05-03-2016 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭

Not begrudging her fame, wealth, popularity etc. Fair play to her for achieving what she has and if you're a fan great.

I just don't get it. Is it me or is every song a slow, piano driven dirge lament about a lost love ? Get over it Adele. Then again if its making you millions go for it. People reported in tears at Adele concert ffs.

What do people do at an Adele gig ? Stand around crying while the other half watch it through their smart phones ?

Who goes to Adele gigs ? Must be either couples or gaggles of women. Can't see 5 fellas deciding to head to Adele of a night out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I sing Adele songs to my cat on Valentine's

Neeeeever mind I'll find someone like youuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

so your an adele fan then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

lakesider wrote: »
    so your an adele fan then?

Ha noI have no problem with her. Not for me and its driving me nuts hearing her every 5 minutes on the radio in the build up to the gigs here.

Making it out to be like the second coming of Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

She's good at what she does, I'll give her that. Not my cup of tea and I am fairly sick of seeing her face everywhere and hearing her songs

...but from the interviews I've seen she seems fairly down to earth so I won't begrudge her for being immensely successful. Fair play to her.

Similarly with Conor McGregor, I hate that ****ing chap. I really dislike him and am very sick of the song and dance around him in the media. However, he's fantastic at what he does, he's doing our little country proud and he's happy so who the **** am I to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Heckler wrote: »
    Not begrudging her fame, wealth, popularity etc. Fair play to her for achieving what she has and if you're a fan great.

I just don't get it. Is it me or is every song a slow, piano driven dirge lament about a lost love ? Get over it Adele. Then again if its making you millions go for it. People reported in tears at Adele concert ffs.

What do people do at an Adele gig ? Stand around crying while the other half watch it through their smart phones ?

Who goes to Adele gigs ? Must be either couples or gaggles of women. Can't see 5 fellas deciding to head to Adele of a night out.

Op, you're the one who should get over it;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Will she ever feckin get over her BF leaving her at all.

Seems to be the substance of every song she wails.

She is only 27 and will go far. Good luck to her.

I wonder where the BF is now, and if he is kicking himself for dumping her. ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

Will she ever feckin get over her BF leaving her at all.

Seems to be the substance of every song she wails.

She is only 27 and will go far. Good luck to her.

I wonder where the BF is now, and if he is kicking himself for dumping her. ha ha.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When it comes to music.....I always believe "each to their own".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

It's music for housewives and grannies. I don't begrudge her at all for being famous, just wouldn't listen to her even if she was playing in my garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

The music I listen to is so much cooler than the music you listen to.

Some people like certain music, some dont.
    Who gives a poo poo???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

The only reason she does so well in the charts is because middle aged women don't know how to torrent

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She's the new:

David Gray
    Dido

I remember seeing a piece on TV a while back about how to make a successful single/song. The secret seemed to be slow, soppy, romantic, heartbreak.
    Sells by the bucket load. Think James Blunt "You're Beautiful". Will live comfortably off that one hit.

Do you really think Bryan Adams likes singing "Everything I Do"? I bet he doesn't but he is MEGA rich because of it.

At the end of the day, we can moan all we like, but Adele is laughing all the way to the bank and doesn't give a damn. Same as all the rest of em.

Anyway, was just thinking.... did the jilter boyf exist at all? He never said a word and if he did he could be FAMOUS lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Her songs are soooooo overplayed. She does my head in.

Hello.....how are you?

Feck off Adele, just feck off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Its whiney pop ****e, listening to her for me is like an icepick being driven violently into my ear.

I just dont get in pop music this like for wailing in songs , as if it shows a good voice ???

christ its awful shyte ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I just wish she'd write about something else, she has a great voice but every song is the same, write about something else and change the tempo of some songs, her new album wasn't particularly great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

It's safe, supermarket friendly music, that can be bought in a supermarket

Deep Six wrote: »
    It's music for housewives and grannies. I don't begrudge her at all for being famous, just wouldn't listen to her even if she was playing in my garden.

I doubt there were too many grannies in the Point/O2/3 Arena. God that gets me too, the amount of times that venue has changed names. Rant Rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

I just wish she'd write about something else, she has a great voice but every song is the same, write about something else and change the tempo of some songs, her new album wasn't particularly great imo

But wasnt someone like you written/co written by Dan Wilson???

Not every song is the same. You havent listened to every song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Fair play to her success

Feel sorry for her ex though, she really needs to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

Anyway, was just thinking.... did the jilter boyf exist at all? He never said a word and if he did he could be FAMOUS lol.

Apparently he came out saying he wanted a share of the money she made from her previous album because it was all about him.

But she told him to fook off, 'as if he had anything to do with the creative process' I remember reading.

So there ya have it now!

Fair play to her success

Feel sorry for her ex though, she really needs to move on.

Not a chance will she leave the ex out of her songs. That's her meal ticket.

It's the current beau/dad of Angelo or whatever the feck the child's name is that is in the shadows and boy is he only trotting after the ex.

I love having a rant.

8 Bit Girl wrote: »
    Apparently he came out saying he wanted a share of the money she made from her previous album because it was all about him.

But she told him to fook off, 'as if he had anything to do with the creative process' I remember reading.

So there ya have it now!

Well that's grand so. And thanks for the update on the ex!

If I were him, I'd be there at every concert with a feckin placard saying "Hello.... it was me" LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's her demographic? I'm guessing woman 25-50?

I don't know of many male fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Great voice but an average songwriter at best. From a creative standpoint I think she needs to break out of her comfort zone and evolve.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I just don't get it either. I though I was the only one on the planet who finds her music painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah I can't stand her music. She seems like a good laugh though!

My Dad calls X-Factor the "who can sound most like Adele singing" competition. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There are bands and artists I don't like.

• Advertisement

I'm going to get singing lessons and tell the OH to feck off and leave me and I'll be in bits for a while.

Then I'll write and sings songs about him for two years, get to be rich and HELLOOOO, he can come back to me then.

Jeez it's so easy to get rich isn't it.

Another rant. And breathe now Spanish.... lol

Advertisement