Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Just had my first go at this. Watched the breathing video first then did the Diamond dozen, and it kicked my ass. Can't believe how unfit I've got. I think I might do the diamond dozen a few more times to get used to it, before moving onto the energy workout.

Tougher than I was expecting, but mostly because I'm horrifically unfit and 4 stone overweight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

veganrun wrote: »
    Just had my first go at this. Watched the breathing video first then did the Diamond dozen, and it kicked my ass. Can't believe how unfit I've got. I think I might do the diamond dozen a few more times to get used to it, before moving onto the energy workout.

Tougher than I was expecting, but mostly because I'm horrifically unfit and 4 stone overweight.

I wish mine would arrive:(

Can definitely tell I did exercise yesterday. My muscles are sore now!

Beginning to think mine is gone awol. Over 3 weeks now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Tugboats wrote: »
    Beginning to think mine is gone awol. Over 3 weeks now:(

Haven't re-read the last few pages for everyone else's deliver times but isn't that within the expected?

I just ordered a pack myself and the estimate was the usual 3-6 weeks malarkey.

• Advertisement

Haven't re-read the last few pages for everyone else's deliver times but isn't that within the expected?

I just ordered a pack myself and the estimate was the usual 3-6 weeks malarkey.

a couple of lads on here have ordered around the same time and got it a week ago. Mine was shipped on feb 26th and no sign of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Does any of this stuff help fix up niggling injuries you may have sustained in the past I'm wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I try to do both energy and fat burner 3 to 4 days a week. Today I did red hot core for the first time. It's only 12 min long but man does it work your stomach.

I'm on my third week at the moment and feel I am getting better but have massive improvements to make yet.

How is everybody doing with the nutritional and healthy eating side of DDP yoga?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

The diet that DDP Yoga puts you on is pretty damn healthy but would also be a lot of change at once for most people. One of the big don'ts is, sadly for many people, alcohol. Not a problem to me as I don't really drink, but just for giggles I looked at the average caloric value of a pint of stout and it's 210. Not a surprise, really when you consider its composition but funny to think that many people would think nothing of drinking near their entire caloric allowance for both days over the course of a given weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

briany wrote: »
    The diet that DDP Yoga puts you on is pretty damn healthy but would also be a lot of change at once for most people. One of the big don'ts is, sadly for many people, alcohol. Not a problem to me as I don't really drink, but just for giggles I looked at the average caloric value of a pint of stout and it's 210. Not a surprise, really when you consider its composition but funny to think that many people would think nothing of drinking near their entire caloric allowance for both days over the course of a given weekend.

Ah you're doing it wrong, you should eat nothing all day long ahead of going out. You'll drink less, remember less, and weigh less at the end of it. :p

All jokes aside, I'd recommend people try using the myfitnesspal app as well to give you an idea of what calories you're actually putting into your body. but remember that its only effective if you weigh your food. You'd actually be blown away by just how small a 30g serving of breakfast cereal is.

• Advertisement

Ah you're doing it wrong, you should eat nothing all day long ahead of going out. You'll drink less, remember less, and weigh less at the end of it. :p

All jokes aside, I'd recommend people try using the myfitnesspal app as well to give you an idea of what calories you're actually putting into your body. but remember that its only effective if you weigh your food. You'd actually be blown away by just how small a 30g serving of breakfast cereal is.

It's not that weighing your food isn't an excellent idea. It is, but I could imagine feeling like a bit of a lunatic doing it. :pac:

I wonder have any hardcore dieters been tempted to bring some sort of a mini-scale and calculator when they eat out, for example?

It's not that weighing your food isn't an excellent idea. It is, but you start to feel like a bit of a lunatic. :pac:

its when you start seperating the m&m's into different bowls based on their colour that you know you've gone wrong. :)

its when you start seperating the m&m's into different bowls based on their colour that you know you've gone wrong. :)

More like gone Van Halen.

I've been using that Myfitness Pal app for just about 2 weeks now and I haven't been weighing my food or anything but I've been trying to overestimate the calories and underestimate the exercise, and even with that, I've still been coming in under my caloric limit just about every day, sometimes by a wide margin, like 400 plus calories or so.

I've only done the Diamond Dozen so far and that was once, on Tuesday. I was quite sore the day after (yesterday) but today, all the aches are gone pretty much. I know when I go back running after a long break, my quads are killing me for at least 2-3 days afterwards, even when I stretch.

I was supposed to do another workout today on this but got lazy this morning and didn't bother and I won't get time to do so tonight either.

I'm debating about whether to have another go at the Diamond Dozen or to just stick to the plan and go to the Energy workout next.

I never thought yoga would be so hard, but in a good way. There's one move you do, I forget it's name, but it's like a push-up where you have to lower yourself down slowly and hold it. I simply can't do it, I'm too heavy and don't have enough upper body strength, even when I do it on my knees :o

I've only done the Diamond Dozen so far and that was once, on Tuesday. I was quite sore the day after (yesterday) but today, all the aches are gone pretty much. I know when I go back running after a long break, my quads are killing me for at least 2-3 days afterwards, even when I stretch.

I was supposed to do another workout today on this but got lazy this morning and didn't bother and I won't get time to do so tonight either.

I'm debating about whether to have another go at the Diamond Dozen or to just stick to the plan and go to the Energy workout next.

I never thought yoga would be so hard, but in a good way. There's one move you do, I forget it's name, but it's like a push-up where you have to lower yourself down slowly and hold it. I simply can't do it, I'm too heavy and don't have enough upper body strength, even when I do it on my knees :o

Slow burn push ups. Yeah, they're a killer, especially a ways into a workout, and in the Energy workout, he has you doing it for a count of nine so it can certainly take some working up to. As DDP says, you may need to modify and then modify some more. If you need a modification beyond what's covered on the DVDs, you may need to sit back and think about what you could do or go on the forum at DDPs yoga site and ask for some suggestions. I hear the gang they have there is very knowledgeable and supportive about such things.

He also has the 'Wakeup' workout which is a ten minute lighter styled video designed to work out the kinks after getting up. Some people use it as a workout on days they don't, or can't do a full one.

Slow burn push ups. Yeah, they're a killer, especially a ways into a workout, and in the Energy workout, he has you doing it for a count of nine so it can certainly take some working up to. As DDP says, you may need to modify and then modify some more. If you need a modification beyond what's covered on the DVDs, you may need to sit back and think about what you could do or go on the forum at DDPs yoga site and ask for some suggestions. I hear the gang they have there is very knowledgeable and supportive about such things.

He also has the 'Wakeup' workout which is a ten minute lighter styled video designed to work out the kinks after getting up. Some people use it as a workout on days they don't, or can't do a full one.

Signed up to that TeamDDP yoga site, still waiting on the activation email 2 hours later!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Signed up to that TeamDDP yoga site, still waiting on the activation email 2 hours later!

check your spam folder

check your spam folder

Yeah that's where it was alright.

Finally it just arrived:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Tugboats wrote: »
    Finally it just arrived:cool:

Good stuff, hope you enjoy it

• Advertisement

Had a quick gander and looking forward to starting. I guess i better get a chest monitor. i presume this one will do the job for 20 quid?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/York-Fitness-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B00NJAGRQY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1427191895&sr=8-5&keywords=chest+monitor

Finding the full lunge position difficult to maintain through a workout. Usually have to go to a knee, especially on the 'superstar' pose. That's about the only position I've had to really modify very much, that and occasionally going to the knees for a YRG pushup. Expect that to change when 'Red Hot Core' hits for the first time next week, though. Then it'll be modify, modify, modify :pac: .

Finding the full lunge position difficult to maintain through a workout. Usually have to go to a knee, especially on the 'superstar' pose. That's about the only position I've had to really modify very much, that and occasionally going to the knees for a YRG pushup. Expect that to change when 'Red Hot Core' hits for the first time next week, though. Then it'll be modify, modify, modify :pac: .

Red-hot core is actually easier after a workout like energy or fat burner

Red-hot core is actually easier after a workout like energy or fat burner

I've heard that, but really only with the caveat that you do it almost immediately after Energy or Fat Burner because you're loose. OK, but the knackeredness from the previous workout would cancel out the looseness bonus for me, I would have to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

For the people that have been doing this for a while, what benefits have you noticed from it?

Anyone used this for fat loss? I'm thinking of starting it again (gave up after one session the last time).

How do you work through the programme? My pack has 4 discs with about 12 workouts. Not sure if to go straight to the fat burner one or a different one.

Anyone used this for fat loss? I'm thinking of starting it again (gave up after one session the last time).

How do you work through the programme? My pack has 4 discs with about 12 workouts. Not sure if to go straight to the fat burner one or a different one.

there should be a booklet with the recommended way to structure your workouts. ideally you should be starting off with the 'diamond dozen' as that teaches you the poses and gets you used to using your heart rate monitor.

as for fat loss, unless you follow the dietary programme that comes with it, you wont have much success.

as the saying goes, ' you'll never out-train your fork'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is there a link online to Dallas Page's dietary suggestions? I'd be interested in seeing what he recommends. I'm sure most of it is common sense anyway. For years I trained and would drop little bits of weight here and there but if I missed even one day I'd put it back on, because I wasn't changing what I eat. I still am not great but it's lack of motivation usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Page is firmly on the organic, grass fed, Gluten free bandwagon! If you are looking for a dietary structure I would recommend you visit the Nutrition and Diet forum before jumping into the DDP Nutrition section - very directed towards the states!

• Advertisement

The Myfitnesspal app is good for helping keep track of how much you're eating and how much you can eat if you have targets set.

Advertisement