Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Foster.

Options
  • 07-10-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Wow! That was one heavy drama. Your view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Really enjoyed it. The last episode was really tense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Suranne Jones was brilliant as the woman scorned. Really happy with the ending too.
    Seeing her husband driving away with his young pregnant girlfriend in a small car off to London (which he hated when they lived there) made me smile!

So glad the son finally started to respect her at the end too.
    Thumbs up all around, really enjoyed every episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yeah really enjoyed it though I don't like programmes that give the wives ideas about what there husbands might be up to..me as good as gold and being watched like a hawk after that show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yeah really enjoyed it though I don't like programmes that give the wives ideas about what there husbands might be up to..me as good as gold and being watched like a hawk after that show

She knows about the sneaky homebrew operation in the shed. Pretending its a torrid affair with the bird on Fair City isn't convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

I was disappointed that he got away unpunished and just went off with his young pregnant lover.

• Advertisement

antonymin wrote: »
    I was disappointed that he got away unpunished and just went off with his young pregnant lover.

the fact that he was driving a smaller car showed how his life had gone down the toilet I thought...though small car, riding a 23 year old...doesn't seem like much of a punishment really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

He lost everything, his business, money, reputation, his standard of life, his home, the respect of his friends and son, his business partner. He's off to live in a place he hates with a dim pregnant young one.

Anyone think it was significant that she kept his name at the end? She continued to call herself Dr. Foster.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I thought it was excellent, really good the way at the start you think she's just paro. Loved the final episode where you didn't know if she'd cracked and done the unthinkable. Excellent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just seen the ending there on goggle box and it looked really good.

Is it worth watching from the beginning even though I now how it finishes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just seen the ending there on goggle box and it looked really good.

Is it worth watching from the beginning even though I now how it finishes?

No.

It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. A pretty much instantly forgettable run of the mill drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I watched every episode with the wife and I really haven't a clue what was going on.

myshirt wrote: »
    I watched every episode with the wife and I really haven't a clue what was going on.

Just like most of the people at that dinner table.:)

Think I'll give it a miss.

8 million viewers in the UK thought the final worth watching, I enjoyed it and thought it was easy to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I missed episode 3 but when I tried to catch up on YouTube, the link is blocked unless I subscribe to a 'free' link which asks for my credit card details. Does anyone know of a free online link? I really want to see the final episode!

annascott wrote: »
    I missed episode 3 but when I tried to catch up on YouTube, the link is blocked unless I subscribe to a 'free' link which asks for my credit card details. Does anyone know of a free online link? I really want to see the final episode!

Its all on BBC iplayer.

Install Hola on chrome or Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

I thought that it was was an incredibly well acted piece, Suranne Jones played her part very well.

I just thought that some of the scenes were not totally necessary, and therefore 5 episodes did feel quite drawn out. But there were some fantastic scenes, especially in the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Cupra280 wrote: »
    I thought that it was was an incredibly well acted piece, Suranne Jones played her part very well.

I just thought that some of the scenes were not totally necessary, and therefore 5 episodes did feel quite drawn out. But there were some fantastic scenes, especially in the final episode.

Five? I was only aware of three. When were the other two shown?

annascott wrote: »
    Five? I was only aware of three. When were the other two shown?

it was on for 5 weeks in a row finishing last Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 85,411 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BBC has renewed for a 2nd season

Oh good, any sign of a Happy Valley #2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oh good, any sign of a Happy Valley #2?

Coming in the spring time they say. There are some good actors joining the cast and there's a few plot line hints
    Some plot details have also been revealed. Series two will feature Catherine (Sarah Lancashire), trying to track down a serial killer and in the process making a gruesome discovery that will have repercussions for her and her family. Meanwhile in prison, series one villain Tommy (James Norton) will form a bond with a mysterious female admirer (Henderson).

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/aug/22/happy-valley-season-two-new-stars-cast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

sok2005 wrote: »
    Anyone think it was significant that she kept his name at the end? She continued to call herself Dr. Foster.
    Yep, wondered about that.

Gonna be different to the consensus here in that I didn't like the ending and I thought she turned out to be appalling. She had a right to be pissed off but she went totally overboard. The poor boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

This is coming to RTE 1 in a fortnight.

Starts Thursday Jan 21st at 10.15pm

Great,will watch that, missed the first episode on BBC1 so I didnt bother watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Watched this on RTE over the last few weeks, was drawn in by all the hype after it appeared on BBC and that it had won an NTA. Have to say I found it disappointing and overrated. I found Doctor Foster herself to be a very unlikeable character. I thought her behaviour was totally unprofessional and borderline psychotic. I never warmed to her, I found it hard to feel sorry for her.

I did enjoy the last episode. I thought he would have been heading to jail after assaulting her but I guess the fact that he had to leave for London with his pregnant girlfriend he was young enough to be his daughter was some form of punishment. Interesting that she kept his name. Not sure what they can do with Season 2, I doubt I will be tuning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

No return date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Back Tuesday 5th September, after Holby no doubt. That "Trust Me" thing finishes this week.

Yeah they've been reshowing Doctor Foster s1 in the am on BBC, which is a bit odd for them I figured s2 can't be far off

Reminder fans: s2 starts at 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm pretty sure I watched the first season on channell 4 player, has it changed chanells cause I would have never been able to watch it on the BBC player, can't use it outside the U.K.

Advertisement