Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motoring Plans for 2016

Options
  • 24-12-2015 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a thread whereby we can tell of our plans for the coming year, in relation to our vehicles. Whether it is changing cars, modifications, adding to the collection or simply keeping the one you have alive!! All views/aspects are welcome.

I'll be starting off with a service in the beginning of January, and more than likely a sale mid Summer, to replace, or just have one car is yet to be decided.
    I've also decided to keep the mondeo long term, for the next 2 years anyway (hopefully!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Dealer invited me down to drive a scirocco as i had expressed interest in getting rid of my current car for something a bit more fun, bought a new golf gt instead :P (scirocco is based on my old golf the mark 5)

So waiting for my new car in Jan. :)

Plan is to get a good coating applied, been talking to Curran and he has offered great advice so looking like my first job is to apply some car pro.

Then see what happens after that

Noccy if you replace your current car do you have a car in mind??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Noccy if you replace your current car do you have a car in mind??

Perhaps a 2010/11 focus titanium or golf. I'd love a gt spec 2.0 tdi golf but they're fair expensive. Haven't nailed anything down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

49152539.jpeg

or

49541952.jpeg

:D

Perhaps a 2010/11 focus titanium or golf. I'd love a gt spec 2.0 tdi golf but they're fair expensive. Haven't nailed anything down.

Decided a petrol was more suited to my needs:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

My plan is to sell the Z4 (its is currently for sale if anyone is in the market :D) Im looking for a hot hatch, biggest potential so far is an Astra OPC if the Z sells or a later model R56 Cooper S JCW if I decide to trade the Z! I would also fancy a Megan 265 but the tax is a bit of a pain on those :rolleyes:

6 series :)

My plan is to sell the Z4 (its is currently for sale if anyone is in the market :D) Im looking for a hot hatch, biggest potential so far is an Astra OPC if the Z sells or a later model R56 Cooper S JCW if I decide to trade the Z! I would also fancy a Megan 265 but the tax is a bit of a pain on those :rolleyes:

Golf R??

Golf R??

Would love a Golf R, but sadly they are far out of my price range :o Will certainly pencil one in for the future when they start coming up for sale in the used market! Seems to be a few owners on here and they are a fantastic looking machine! Was drooling over one in Mahon Point shopping centre yesterday!

I have a serious itch for a WRX STi that I will need to get out of my system eventually too! They are a bit of a minefield to research though cause there are so many models, special editions etc and the prices vary wildly, to an extent I've not seen on other cars!

Would love a Golf R, but sadly they are far out of my price range :o Will certainly pencil one in for the future when they start coming up for sale in the used market! Seems to be a few owners on here and they are a fantastic looking machine! Was drooling over one in Mahon Point shopping centre yesterday!

I have a serious itch for a WRX STi that I will need to get out of my system eventually too! They are a bit of a minefield to research though cause there are so many models, special editions etc and the prices vary wildly, to an extent I've not seen on other cars!

Was in Blackwater in Turners Cross today and they have a lovely black R in stock. Saw the one in MP today but all the paw marks on it, was sad to see it like that:( for such an impressive looking car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

6 series :)

that makes two of us :D

Was in Blackwater in Turners Cross today and they have a lovely black R in stock. Saw the one in MP today but all the paw marks on it, was sad to see it like that:( for such an impressive looking car

Ugh, I can only imagine what that car has been though, with kids with sticky chocolate hands groping it and people touching the glass trying to peer in the windows :( I kinda want to break into mahon point and detail it :D

My (realistic) dream car would be the new Astra OPC actually, but given the mental price they charge for it here you would be crazy to buy one over the Golf R. They had one in the Opel garage on the Douglas road not so long ago... beautiful looking car, pity it wasn't the right blue!

Heard some great stuff about the OPC with the exception of the prices Opel Ireland want to charge. Would you go for another Mini Copper?

Heard some great stuff about the OPC with the exception of the prices Opel Ireland want to charge. Would you go for another Mini Copper?

Its an appalling price alright, apart from that one I saw which is owned by Opel Ireland and not for sale, Ive never encountered another one on the road/for sale or anything. Shame as its predecessor sold very well here. Not golf GTI well, but there are a good few around!

I would absolutely buy another Cooper S! Ive always loved Minis, and while the Cooper S I had was a bit of a heartbreaker at times it was absolutely fantastic to drive and made a great noise! I was gutted when I sold it! I would love to get myself a JCW but they are very thin on the ground and hold their value exceptionally well. Joe Duffy has a 2011 one with a pretty poor spec and he's got 26k on it FFS!!! :eek:
    Very hard to find any, even an S between 09, 10 and 11 too. Guess no one had 40k to spend on a mini during the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Every year I Come on this thread and say I'll definitely keep car x for the year and that has literally never happened. Ye so this year I'm definitely going to keep the Megane :pac: I had been on about changing it during the year but after a lot of thinking I think I'll keep it. Would have to put 10k euro plus with it to get the kind of car I'd like and I don't think it's worth it.

As for plans for the Megane it's getting serviced first week January it's booked in. It will probably need tyres in a few months. I recon the service will show up it needs some suspension work. Will need brake pads in a few months. Timming belt due in May also. Sounds like a lot but I've spent no money on it since I bought it so I expect to have to spend a bit on it as it's far from a new car anymore engine is sweet out and dry as a bone though so you wouldn't mind having to do a few minor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Found last year's thread.
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Sorry for being boring - exactly the same as last year:

- keep my car alive.

- more minor and silly mods.

:P

Mission accomplished. :D

Believe it or not, I'm gonna do this one more time. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Last year's thread for the lazy people :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057352905
    Dord wrote: »
    Panda
    -Replace badges all round
    -Team Heko Spoiler
    -Stainless Steel Exhaust
    -Add aux in or bluetooth audio to head unit
    -Detailing
    -Alloy Wheel Refurb (maybe)

Yeah, so I still need to do pretty much everthing on the list. Also add...
    -Crash damage repair on rear passengers door. Someone hit it in a car park.
    -Stone chip touchups. Just a few but noticible as it's black.
    -Bulbs - LED bulbs for interior and boot. Whiter sidelight bulbs (non-LED).
    -I think the aux in will be a no go as I don't think the headunit in my car works with it. Some do... some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Keep the Citroen on the road; New timing belt and fix the blowy exhaust. Run it through its NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Its an appalling price alright, apart from that one I saw which is owned by Opel Ireland and not for sale, Ive never encountered another one on the road/for sale or anything. Shame as its predecessor sold very well here. Not golf GTI well, but there are a good few around!

I would absolutely buy another Cooper S! Ive always loved Minis, and while the Cooper S I had was a bit of a heartbreaker at times it was absolutely fantastic to drive and made a great noise! I was gutted when I sold it! I would love to get myself a JCW but they are very thin on the ground and hold their value exceptionally well. Joe Duffy has a 2011 one with a pretty poor spec and he's got 26k on it FFS!!! :eek:
    Very hard to find any, even an S between 09, 10 and 11 too. Guess no one had 40k to spend on a mini during the recession!

Lots of Cooper S for sale in the UK; I'm on my 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Hope to trade up to a LS 460 but realistically that could be 2017 it will depend on money..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Rainsport 3 tires and Gaz gold pro shocks will be going on the MX5 next week, will be having plenty of drives along the Wicklow gap over the new year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I might give it a wash in September, have to go to a wedding then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Small plan first. Got a newish golf there two weeks ago but there's no lettering on the back. Want to get the 2.0 tdi bluemotion signs on it. Petty I know but sure look. Anyone know where I could get this actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

• Find some nice OEM alloys for the Focus
    • Polish the car at least once in its life
    • Get a double-din Android head unit
    • Re-run wiring for subwoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Polan, I bet you'd love the road trips back to Poland in that :D which engine?
    My plan? Have less fcuking car repairs would be one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I reckon I'll move on from the e46 in 2016. But we'll see. I'll be looking for something petrol and probably 2.0 litres or less. I'll be in hot hatch territory, must be over 200bhp with the only exception being for an mx5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I honestly don't know. I still love the Civic, but I'll have it two years in March. Maybe get it NCTed then, and sell soon enough. I have no idea where I want to go from there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Kinda tempted by a Rally Green Combi VRS at the moment. Herself wants an automatic Golf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,764 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Small plan first. Got a newish golf there two weeks ago but there's no lettering on the back. Want to get the 2.0 tdi bluemotion signs on it. Petty I know but sure look. Anyone know where I could get this actually?

eBay or a dealer. When I bought my A6 it had been partially debadged too, but the dealer sorted it out for me. I just think it looks wrong without the 3.0 TDI Quattro myself :p

Me I'll hold on to her a while yet. NCT due first week in January but not expecting anything major - they may make me replace one of the tyres as I "skinned" the side of one a while back after being forced to mount a ridiculously large kerb to avoid an asshole in a SUV barreling towards me. Tyre place reckoned its ok but who knows with the NCT.. hasn't given any bother since anyway.

I do still keep an eye out for a potential change but I just can't find the same spec :(

Oh.. and Happy Christmas all! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

- Import the car into Ireland (January)
    - new sport exhaust system
    - new headers
    - veilside based bodykit
    - custom led rear lights
    - vented hood
    - full gaz suspension
    - real carbon wing from megan
    - Android double din car radio
    - Stand alone ECU
    - 264 degree high performance camshafts
    - AEM wide and gauge (together with the full exhaust)
    - 255lph fuel pump
    - rx8 injectors
    - maybe NB interior swap, at least the dashboard is for sure
    - few other things ;)

Advertisement