Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm going with Mahrez, my captain choices have been terrible, I expect this to continue tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mahrez (eve)
    Benimar wrote: »
    Snap!

Went with Ighalo (vc). Mahrez is probably a better shout but avoided him in case something mad happens and the Everton game gets called off leaving me with no captain or vice captain!

Yeah, I realized that too so switched to Ozil VC instead of Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Martial for me. Amazingly no United player in the poll. Really fancy them to stuff Norwich at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Wijnaldum

Will probably chicken out in the morning though

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ighalo (LIV)
    I'm captaining Kane, got a good feeling about him this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's the first time I'm thinking about actually captaining Mahrez. So ye've been warned :)

Otherwise Big Rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez (eve)
    It's the first time I'm thinking about actually captaining Mahrez. So ye've been warned :)

Otherwise Big Rom.

Dammmit. I was thinking of going with him too but after last week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

8-10 wrote: »
    Martial for me. Amazingly no United player in the poll. Really fancy them to stuff Norwich at home

Have you watched United lately?

jimmii wrote: »
    That's often misquoted the full quote was "fortune favours the brave but one shall never captain a defender or buy one for a hit if thy has a defender to play or can use ones AOA chip" it's actually a great shout by them about the chip don't think anyone saw that coming.

Other than Kolarov I think it's hard to put a proper case forward for a defender this season too much craziness!

My front 7 don't have any easy games.

Usually the captain jumps off the page, like a home game against a team in the bottom quarter, but not this week.

I can't see West Brom conceding so that's the only reason I thought of a defender as captain.

Vardy is the only alternative to a defender for my team this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Moved from Barkley (originally over Luksku) to Ramsey... Can see a few low scoring games tomorrow & and absolute goal fest on MNF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

8-10 wrote: »

I think the main thing to take away from this season so far is that there is no easy 'fixture'. Best to go with players in form rather than players with good fixtures. And United aren't exactly firing on all cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Wijnaldum

Will probably chicken out in the morning though

Stay strong, I'm with you.
    until 1.50pm at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I've gone with Bojan risky but why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mahrez (eve)
    MNF (C)s are again taunting me but Lukaku's so far ahead in the polls...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Kane (sou)
    I've had it on Lukaku the last couple weeks and it's been good, but thinking of Mahrez this week, if Leicester score he's likely to be involved. How's Leicester's away form? Mahrez (c) for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mahrez (eve)
    I've had it on Lukaku the last couple weeks and it's been good, but thinking of Mahrez this week, if Leicester score he's likely to be involved. How's Leicester's away form? Mahrez (c) for now.

Well they've won their last 3 away matches with Mahrez scoring 5 goals and getting 1 assist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mahrez (eve)
    Caught in a captain love triangle between Mahrez, KDB and Lukaku.

The last time I captained Mahrez he was benched....allowing me to get max points for vice captain Aguero's famous five goal haul :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Lukaku (LEI)
    Diego Costa. Get on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Coutinho.

I'm not one for captain punts, but I can't shake the gut feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mahrez (eve)
    Switched it from Lukaku to Mahrez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Mahrez C - Lukaku VC
    Have had it that way all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mahrez (eve)
    Big Rom

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Predicting a 2-2 scoreline in the Everton game. Lukaku is defnitely the focal point of Everton's attack whereas points are often shared between Mahrez and Vardy.

Lukaku it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Think Vardy will outscore Mahrez today but need to captain Mahrez as a blocker in a private league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Wijnaldum

All four of the Magpies' league wins this season have come in games live on television, as this match will be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Such a bad week for me to pick a captain, too many of my players against each other, put the armband on a complete outsider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Took a chance and went for Wijnaldum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

gave Wijnaldum the armband earlier this week and can't see myself taking it off him now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gone with Kane :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

C'mon Aguero! X/

Advertisement