Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert - Triathlon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zoot-Team-Tri-Shorts-6-Black-New-G-XS-XXl-Instead-of-79-Only-21-50-/301403271916?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&var=&hash=item462d08f2ec

Reckon these are legit? I was searching online for the best prices for Zoot stuff as I'm looking to try out their tri shorts. The ebay store seems to have a massive array of tri gear at what seems to be good value prices.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

johnk123 wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zoot-Team-Tri-Shorts-6-Black-New-G-XS-XXl-Instead-of-79-Only-21-50-/301403271916?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&var=&hash=item462d08f2ec

Reckon these are legit? I was searching online for the best prices for Zoot stuff as I'm looking to try out their tri shorts. The ebay store seems to have a massive array of tri gear at what seems to be good value prices.
    You see a lot of german discount sites selling off stuff like this, so I would say its probably fine. Doesnt have the air of a counterfeiter. Good feedback too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Going to drag up this thread, sportspursuit have some serious discounts on Zerod Wetsuits. Don't think they have all the sizes but they do have the Aliante for around 130 and some good deals on the top end suits too. Have to sign up to their emails to get access to the site though.

Have contacted them and they will accept refunds once the tags are still attached and they haven't been used in the water. So if your not sure of your size it might be worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

joey100 wrote: »
    Going to drag up this thread, sportspursuit have some serious discounts on Zerod Wetsuits. Don't think they have all the sizes but they do have the Aliante for around 130 and some good deals on the top end suits too. Have to sign up to their emails to get access to the site though.

Have contacted them and they will accept refunds once the tags are still attached and they haven't been used in the water. So if your not sure of your size it might be worth a go.

Those prices are amazing, thanks for posting.

FWIW I have the Neptune, love the fit and performance, but it is prone to splitting (as numerous people have seen this year). But at €231 I can't resist the Vanguard upgrade, thanks Joey :D

Yep, ordered the vflex myself, worth a go to see if it fits. They reckon they won't be delivered until end of August so probably too late for this season but might have it if people are doing late season races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Great deals there. If I hadnt got a new suit at the start of the season Id be getting one myself I reckon.

Tempted by a new trisuit, anyone know what the fit is like on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

How good are their sizing guides? ZeroD that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

pgibbo wrote: »
    How good are their sizing guides? ZeroD that is.

Very hit and miss TBH... I vary between L and XL for most brand sizes, you've met me, I'm a large unit. I take Medium Tall in ZeroD. That was when I was fitted in B2R, 188cm but a good bit heavier than I am now (93kg at the time). It was a great fit, but outside of what their chart range says.

I wouldn't buy a wetsuit online without knowing my size for that brand, but I can see how its tempting at those prices.

I've tried on some of their suits, they fit bigger than what the size says. They didn't have my size in stock in the shop and didn't know if they could get it in either. I tried a small and found it too big across the shoulders so I've gone for an extra small. Should fit, fingers crossed.

I asked them about their returns for that reason, once it still has tags on and hasn't been used in water you will get a full refund. Worth taking a shot I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Couldn't resist the vflex at this price.

Thanks for sharing Joey.

Hopefully it fits

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you should hae posted your referral link joey, you would have gotten 5gbp for everyone that made a purchase

Could have probably got a free suit out of it at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

kneejerk wrote: »
    Couldn't resist the vflex at this price.

Thanks for sharing Joey.

Hopefully it fits

why spend 60 pounds ... for something thats not an improvement ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Fenix 2 Watch - save 40% - I just ordered one

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-fenix-2-special-edition/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

peter kern wrote: »
    why spend 60 pounds ... for something thats not an improvement ?

Limited stock.

The Vflex was available in my size and for €320. Seems like a good deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Seem to have been snapped up for the most part now.
    Thanks Kurt for the sizing advice. I'm Medium Tall in Orca so glad I didn't pull the trigger on one of these, I'd be lost in it
    From my experience with Sport Pursuit the sales roll round again in a couple of months so I might pick up something then

Great deal in Lidl on high 5 citrus gels. Sold out most places just 9.99 for 20. Best before is sept 2016 so will do the rest of this season and next.

Swords haven't gotten a chance to put them out yet on the shelves so ask nicely and they should have them on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Could have probably got a free suit out of it at this rate!

I'm not going to buy a wetsuit, but about to buy something else off them. Have you any referral link? I'd be happy to say it was you who referred me to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sports pursuit have the Garmin 910XT + HRM for €277 at the moment....
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/394538

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sports pursuit have the Garmin 910XT + HRM for €277 at the moment....
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/394538

I wonder if that is a refurbished or NOH Garmin stock?

There is a UK based e bay shop selling the refurbished bundle with Garmin warranty for £170 which is working out about €248 including delivery.

Are Garmin still manufacturing 910XT ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Are Garmin still manufacturing 910XT ?

Most places are clearing stock. The usual thing is Garmin support ceases but the watches still work. Warranty claims will usually be reconditioned units rather than new (but that is normal enough anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005T0Z9CU

910 XT for 129 Pound. 60% off their normal price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

For those of us in the West, there's a fantastic sale that's currently happening in Amphibian King West. Well worth a look if you're looking for a bargain. There's also an additional discount if you register via eventbrite. :cool:

I'm not sure if there's an online option for it but AKW might be able to clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Thanks P.

Nothing online (too much to fit on there ;) ) but expect a blast of stuff on Twitter from Wednesday. Someone accidentally mentioned it was payday ;)

If anyone is looking for anything in particular message me and I'll take a peak. There is trisuits & separates rocking out at 50% off and tons of t-shirts & shorts 40-50% off as well. Footwear anything from €10 for Hattori to €50 for some Kayano, Kinvara 3 & 4 from €40. ST5 Racer from €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

AKW wrote: »
    Thanks P.

Nothing online (too much to fit on there ;) ) but expect a blast of stuff on Twitter from Wednesday. Someone accidentally mentioned it was payday ;)

If anyone is looking for anything in particular message me and I'll take a peak. There is trisuits & separates rocking out at 50% off and tons of t-shirts & shorts 40-50% off as well. Footwear anything from €10 for Hattori to €50 for some Kayano, Kinvara 3 & 4 from €40. ST5 Racer from €30.

Put me by a pair in my size please. What colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

With Black Friday coming up, there are plenty of deals doing the rounds. I just posted this in the cycling forum thread equivalent... Trigger point foam roller for £14.99... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0040EGNIU?ref_=gb1h_img_m-3_4007_54185942&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Kander wrote: »

910 XT for 129 Pound. 60% off their normal price

910xt Back up again on lighting deals for another 2hrs ;129

also newer type Garmin speed and cadence sensors £29.99 for next 3 hours.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JM6DKUA

Surprised they're not being snapped up.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My cadence sensor is busted so thats handy.

• Advertisement

Just bought the old type a month ago otherwise I'd would be straight on it.

Advertisement