Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

jca wrote: »
    If its the narrow angle V6 it's overdue the timing chain change by 5000 miles, an engine out job as ford in a bmw imitation manoeuvre put the chains at the back....Nice.

its a 4cyl only :)
    very nicely priced Sharan but id rather the 1.9 tdi if buying myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

• Registered Users Posts: 65,145 ✭✭✭✭unkel

First one is a very sweet find, Ded_Zebra. Very decent motoring for a tad over €500 and NCT until '17. The Primera is a far superior drive than pretty much any other saloon / hatchback for that kinda money with that long an NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Looks honest enough ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10599470

Probably a bit expensive given the mileage but knock a good few quid off and you'll be grand

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10935659

• Advertisement

Peasant posh at its best. The ultimate in fur coat and no knickers motoring. Got the badge, got no money but it doesn't matter cause you got the look :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10941976

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

Isn't this nd's car? I seem to remember he bought a Primera to do a few jobs to a while back. Nice clean car for the money and I agree with what unkel says, they are a great car to drive compared to everythign in it's sector

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/98-megan-nct-05-16-500/10912506?offset=4
    49129045.jpeg

Phase 1(!) Megane saloon with test untl mid next year for €500

That Civic is lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

uberwolf wrote: »
    Posting here as this car probably comes in under the price point (apologies if this is not allowed):

I’ve no idea how to price my car. I might be totally overthinking it and should simply accept that it’s a 2002 skoda octavia and any distinguishing features that I think it has aren’t as important as I think.

The Good:
    77k miles.
    FSH -Skoda until I got it (2007) and then Jack Jordan’s Garage on Montague Lane since then. Jack Jordan’s are happy to vouch for the machine (milage and servicing with them). Skoda did the timing belt and pump at c. 65k miles.
    150 bhp 1.8t 4*4 (Haldex) Elegance Trim with upgraded Sat Nav radio - the same engine as the Audi TT of its time and rare in this country (apparently easily modified to 180 bhp if you were so inclined).
    NCT done last month.
    New battery and spark plugs in the last month

The Bad:
    Scrape down the side - photos show same. At this stage presumably easily fixed with panels from a scrimmage yard?
    2002 octavia.
    Tyres are probably heading in the worn direction, but as above the NCT passed without comment in August.

I’d like to sell it, I’m not in a rush to do so. Is it a machine that someone will appreciate and pay for?
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's quite a nice spec on that. The scrape on the sill and door devalues it a bit though.
    I'd love a car like that tbh but it's a bit old.

Have you git a priçe in mind?

back to this. I had a tentative sale agreed at 1300 which has unfortunately fallen through, so I'm going to advertise at that price. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Thats a very honest price in my opinion for a nice looking and great spec car. Hope you get every cent

I'd advertise for €1,500 and she what you'll get. It's getting into winter now and people will buy it for the 4WD

I could have done with 4WD myself yesterday morning up on the Sally Gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

unkel wrote: »
    That Civic is lovely!

They are a nice car. Not sure that one is as good as it's suppose to be though. It looks like it's had a smack at the front at some stage and as far as I know it's been for sale a long time.

uberwolf wrote: »
    back to this. I had a tentative sale agreed at 1300 which has unfortunately fallen through, so I'm going to advertise at that price. Anyone interested?

Any link? Love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Best of luck with that uberwolf. If it was 6mths time I'd have it in a flash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Any link? Love to see it.

On the phone. Pics were linked to my original post which I've quoted above. I'll link directly later

EDIT: add link - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96994229&postcount=75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

W123-80's wrote: »
    '05 147
    Good advert
    Tax until Jan '16
    Test May '15
    Low miles

I don't get the love for Alfa'a in general but this one looks pretty.
    Nice colour combo.
    I still wouldn't buy it!

Asking €2k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147-1-6-low-mileage-perfect-condition/10924749
    49187701.jpeg

Really really tempted by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Isn't this nd's car? I seem to remember he bought a Primera to do a few jobs to a while back. Nice clean car for the money and I agree with what unkel says, they are a great car to drive compared to everythign in it's sector

Yeah the top one is mine. I originally bought it just to have something to fiddle with. Then when it came to 3 months to test date I said I'd put it through the nct to see what it needs. Fixed what it failed on and said I'd see if anyone wants to buy it.

Hopefully I can sell it for slightly more than break even and buy something else to fiddle with :)

Only one call so far though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Merc 230E. NCT 03/16, TAX 04/16. €1650. Auto & leather. Nice place to sit for a few months. Probably the most reliable engine/box combo in one of the best cars ever built. It's sitting a bit high, almost like it was on holidays in Morocco.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-w124-230e-auto-tax-04-16-nct-03-16/10618673?offset=6

47695660.jpeg

Alfa 147, new NCT 10/16. Nice colour combo, black with cream leather Momo seats. €1550.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147-lusso-new-nct/10817838?offset=4

48669858.jpeg

Or this one for €1150, NCt 09/16. Same as above without the leather.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147/10587154?offset=21

47535530.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Unmolested but rough as a badgers arse. Bought cleaner facelift coupes with test for that money! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Sorry lads but what are or is? lathe sits:confused:
    Maybe English isn't his first language but that ad is terrible.

Sorry lads but what are or is? lathe sits:confused:
    Maybe English isn't his first language but that ad is terrible.

Right. You try it in polish and we'll all have a good laugh :-)

Seriously though, its an ad for a 500 quid car. You're unlikely to have the head of the linguistics department from a world renowned university writing it. In fairness I got it. I'm looking for a car, not a date. We don't have to he best friends. So long as we can both count then we're done here :-)

Right. You try it in polish and we'll all have a good laugh :-)

Seriously though, its an ad for a 500 quid car. You're unlikely to have the head of the linguistics department from a world renowned university writing it. In fairness I got it. I'm looking for a car, not a date. We don't have to he best friends. So long as we can both count then we're done here :-)

Jesus, someone has the Monday blues, calm down ffs, what are lathe sits?
    If I want to write an ad in polish I'll ask a polish person to write it for me after all I would be trying to sell something, you know, with the intention of selling it. I'm sure the seller has friends with better written English who could have given him a hand.

Jesus, someone has the Monday blues, calm down ffs, what are lathe sits?
    If I want to write an ad in polish I'll ask a polish person to write it for me after all I would be trying to sell something, you know, with the intention of selling it. I'm sure the seller has friends with better written English who could have given him a hand.

Wow wow wow. Two big smiley faces kinda says I was only having a laugh. Not like you to over react though :-)

Wow wow wow. Two big smiley faces kinda says I was only having a laugh. Not like you to over react though :-)

Something wrong with your device, no smiley face:D still can't figure out lathe sits.

Something wrong with your device, no smiley face:D still can't figure out lathe sits.

Leather seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Try leather seats for size?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement