Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Bath vs Leinster, Sat 21st Nov 2015 15:15, The Rec, BTEUR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Clegg wrote: »
    Handling letting us down same as last week.

It's not as bad as it was last week at all thankfully. If we can keep this up then we might see a few things clicking. It's been a lot better the last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

how long has Ross left on his contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ref is a farce. Use it means nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ref telling them to use it, they ignore it.

How is he giving them the penalty after telling them to use it multiple times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

What is the point of saying "Use it" if you're not going to make them use it?

aimee1 wrote: »
    how long has Ross left on his contract?

It might not be Ross, it might be Triggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

If Ross isn't holding his own in the scrum then he shouldn't be on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Eh use it use it use it...ok don't have a penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

molloyjh wrote: »
    It might not be Ross, it might be Triggs.

Moore and Furlong offer far more outside of scrums. And might offer more in them too

• Advertisement

aimee1 wrote: »
    Moore and Furlong offer far more outside of scrums. And might offer more in them too

And might not. Generally the power comes from the locks so if we're being driven backwards on that side it's every bit as likely that it's down to Triggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tbh I don't think we've improved on last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Like others have said what is the point of yelling use it several times and letting them do nothing and then give a penalty?

You call use they must use it, not when they feel like it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Calling "use it" when the dominant team in the scrum has the ball at their 8 is daft anyway. Be really dumb to penalise a team for not using it there, they are on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It could be a lot worse than 6-3. Bath had a good bit of dangerous possession, but Leinster seem to have stopped them being as effective in the last 20. Possibly could have had a try too, so it's not all bleak.

3 points is nothing, if Leinster come out firing in the second half, a win is there.

It's so harsh on McGrath being dropped though, Healy hasn't done anything that McGrath couldn't do better- McGrath is arguably the form player in the country atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Clegg wrote: »
    If Ross isn't holding his own in the scrum then he shouldn't be on the pitch.

All the penalties have been called on Healy though?

awec wrote: »
    Calling "use it" when the dominant team in the scrum has the ball at their 8 is daft anyway. Be really dumb to penalise a team for not using it there, they are on top.

True, but then why is he calling for them to use it? I know refs are being encouraged to get the game going from the scrum but that's just ridiculous. The problem isn't the penalty, which was coming. The problem is him called for Bath to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Dogged game. They need to get some territory and force mistakes

Looking forward to Moore and McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

All the penalties have been called on Healy though?

Well I mean theyve been called for wheeling, that isnt something necessarily called against one person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Tox56 wrote: »
    Well I mean theyve been called for wheeling, that isnt something necessarily called against one person

It's usually the tighthead that though that causes a wheel isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Tox56 wrote: »

Bath also have 2 of the biggest 2nd rows in England in Attwood and Hooper. Twice they've left healey on the outside...he can't let that happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

True, but then why is he calling for them to use it? I know refs are being encouraged to get the game going from the scrum but that's just ridiculous. The problem isn't the penalty, which was coming. The problem is him called for Bath to use it.

Why is it a problem ? Is that not exactly what he should do ?
    Call for them to play it as he should. And then, rather than penalise them when they dont, disregard it since they had a penalty advantage that they did not gain from. It seems logical to me.

Call for them to play it as he should. And then, rather than penalise them when they dont, disregard it since they had a penalty advantage that they did not gain from. It seems logical to me.

No. If a team are obviously on top and heading for a penalty why should they not be allowed to continue to march forward with the ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Why should he do it ? He's got no business telling a team what they should do unless there's an onus on them to do it. If there's an onus on them to do it and they don't then it's an infringement.

Get VDF on.

Get VDF on.

And Jack McGrath.

Marty moore

Scrum minced there

• Advertisement

Score / time played ?