Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Students Fancy Me

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So I'm a 22 year old lad working as a teaching assistant in Italy for the year.

I'm teaching at a polytechnic institute - basicaly a cross between a FAS training centre and a secondary school. But it is more a secondary school vibe.

Some of my classes are all girls.
    The students in question are all around my age (18-21) and to be honest, are quite attractive.

The students think I speak no Italian so I hear them chatting about me and passing remarks and when they talk to me they are generally just very flirty. They are also asking me for my Facebook and asking me if I am going out clubbing at the weekends and want o know to where.

I only have each class once a week so I don't have to see much of them.

If it was a normal secondary school and if it was a permanent job I would definitely not act.

The 22 year old chancer in me says this situation is a bit different though... thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

5 of them at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Don't shít where you eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Are you grading them? If you are, then undue influence. If not, then why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Colds showers & flagellating, you'll be grand...or you'll end up on the receiving end of a Lupara :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

when in Rome and all that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 rover23

Are you grading them? If you are, then undue influence. If not, then f**k it.

Not grading them. I'm just the foreigner they have to talk to once a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Fla them senseless young lad! "Spogliati!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

rover23 wrote: »
    The students in question are all around my age (18-21) and to be honest, are quite attractive.......If it was a normal secondary school and if it was a permanent job I would definitely not act.

QUOTE]

Is this a special needs school?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I used to have really vivid dreams when I took ZMA as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rover23

The students in question are all around my age (18-21) and to be honest, are quite attractive.......If it was a normal secondary school and if it was a permanent job I would definitely not act.

QUOTE]

Is this a special needs school?

It might be when I'm finished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Is there many blind schools in Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The 22 year old chancer in me says this situation is a bit different though... thoughts ?

What, do you need a permission slip or something?

I know fcukall about the Italian education system, but I know that 18-22 year olds, most of 'em have no common sense whatsoever, and not meaning to be insulting, but you're a case in point that you'd even consider chancing your career for a ride.

Sure go for it, not like anyone here is likely to experience the consequences of your actions, and if you're willing to take advice from strangers on the internet, sure what could go wrong? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Listen to the sage wisdom of the guide in your pants.
    He is surely trustworthy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

So I'm a 22 year old lad working as a teaching assistant in Italy for the year.

I'm teaching at a polytechnic institute - basicaly a cross between a FAS training centre and a secondary school. But it is more a secondary school vibe.

Some of my classes are all girls.
    The students in question are all around my age (18-21) and to be honest, are quite attractive.

The students think I speak no Italian so I hear them chatting about me and passing remarks and when they talk to me they are generally just very flirty. They are also asking me for my Facebook and asking me if I am going out clubbing at the weekends and want o know to where.

I only have each class once a week so I don't have to see much of them.

If it was a normal secondary school and if it was a permanent job I would definitely not act.

I have a degree in maths. Any vacancies? I'll work for buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe after all the Italian stallions, they want a Connemara pony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

Turn around and say something in Itaian. It will be hilarious to see the shock on their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I used to teach English in Italy to adults and teenagers, and same craic. I was 22 at the time as well.
    One older student tried it on with me once, and I told the boss, as I assumed it would be out of order. He said "and why didn't you do anything!"

I agree with another poster. Don't sh*t where you eat. Have the craic, and go out for a bite to eat with them if they ask you. It's a great way to get stuck into the local culture, but I'd wait until they were no longer in your class before putting the moves on them.

In boca al lupo! Dai!!!

Some of the Italian men can be gimps when it comes to chatting up women so they will appreciate the Paddy. Play it cool! Don't play up to the Paddy drunken stereotype either. It won't work over there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Go out with them and pull their hotter friends who aren't in your class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

On the unlikely chance you are serious, no.
    Major breach of a position of trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pulverise there farting clappers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

run for prime minister of Italy ,

they ll love you

you ll coast it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

OP is kinda like a reverse Feeky.

Go for it. Report back and become a boards legend, regardless of the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Sing con te patio in to their sweet Mediterranean ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

You will be commiting a mortal sin and will be separated from the grace of God forever,However god rewards good initiative so I say plough your fields and reap the rewards of your harvest later.

Pope Leo VII

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sexytime !!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Ask yourself, does it feel right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Caoimhgh1n wrote: »
    Turn around and say something in Itaian. It will be hilarious to see the shock on their faces.

^^ This, but wait as long as you can before you give the game away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

To hell with it. When you're 80 would you rather say I rode the va jay jay of some Italian ones or that you "upheld your moral obligations as a teacher"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

'...but I was only giving them sex education'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭cml387

seachto7 wrote: »
    Some of the Italian men can be gimps when it comes to chatting up women so they will appreciate the Paddy. Play it cool! Don't play up to the Paddy drunken stereotype either. It won't work over there.

Some Italian men also don't like it when you mess with their sisters either.
    Angle grinders and testicles come to mind esp. in Naples.

No.

Advertisement